Octavia 245 Owners Club

On 18/11/2019 at 17:51, rjwojcik said:

Can you supply your own?

I usually supply my own oil (VW502 spec 5w40, currently Shell Helix Ultra, 2 x 5 litres from Car parts for less via eBay app £39.), I use a local independant for my ancient Superb & the local VW dealer for the Golf R. 

HTH. DC

7 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

I usually supply my own oil (VW502 spec 5w40, currently Shell Helix Ultra, 2 x 5 litres from Car parts for less via eBay app £39.), I use a local independant for my ancient Superb & the local VW dealer for the Golf R. 

HTH. DC

Nice, makes it a little cheaper then.

• Like 1

On 30/08/2019 at 10:17, ScottyNS said:

I’m in a similar position, as my pch runs out in April 20. You had any thoughts yet? As I haven’t seen any deals anywhere close to what I have, I think I will go back to buying something. Have been looking at the typical things outside of Skoda though. I always like to have a change. 

Starting to look more seriously now for my next lease, going to have a drive in a Leon Cupra.  Anyone have any thoughts on it?

31 minutes ago, john999boy said:

You will love it! 

The power is more than adequate but a remap will transform the car in to a beast! 

Dare I say this but it will even show a 'certain member's stage 2 vrs' a clean pair of heels! :thumbup:

Cool, saw this on auto express, " If you need a little more speed from the limited-run ST R, then the warranty-approved Abt tuning package is well worth considering. Power increases from 296bhp to 365bhp, and four tenths are chopped from the 0-62mph time. At just £500, it’s a very tempting upgrade."  I think these are sold out, unsurprisingly!

1 hour ago, martysparty99 said:

Starting to look more seriously now for my next lease, going to have a drive in a Leon Cupra.  Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Always thinking about it! Cuppa sounds great, will be interested to hear what you make of it. I am on polar opposites at the moment as I am struggling to find cars that don’t knacker my wife’s back, all the seats on things we have tried are a lot lower to the floor than the vrs, she needs to sit relatively upright. 

My last hope of something good, is a 3l A6 saloon. Need to find time to check out one locally, see it passes the test! Failing that will be looking at a total opposite, XC60! Should be upright enough lol 

5 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Always thinking about it! Cuppa sounds great, will be interested to hear what you make of it. I am on polar opposites at the moment as I am struggling to find cars that don’t knacker my wife’s back, all the seats on things we have tried are a lot lower to the floor than the vrs, she needs to sit relatively upright. 

My last hope of something good, is a 3l A6 saloon. Need to find time to check out one locally, see it passes the test! Failing that will be looking at a total opposite, XC60! Should be upright enough lol 

Don't forget about the Cupra Ateca too!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Lady friend of ours had to switch from a 2 seater 17 reg Mercedes SLK to a 16 reg Volvo XC60 due to her bad back condition not helped by twisting to get in/out of the Merc.

Yeah, I am fairly sure I will end up with the XC60, around a similar age as it happens. Going push to for a D5, in the hope to get a bit of performance.  

Will try the A6 just to be sure before I give in. 

Edited by ScottyNS

21 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

Good idea, sadly out of budget from what I can tell. Will keep an eye out though.

They are pricey when brand new, but SEAT UK have recently been selling a bunch of their own cars to dealers around the country.

Might be worth a peek at Autotrader, look for anything with a Kxxxxxx number-plate.

I had a drive in one last week, probably not right for me but still quite fun to drive.

23 hours ago, john999boy said:

You will love it! 

The power is more than adequate but a remap will transform the car in to a beast! 

Dare I say this but it will even show a 'certain member's stage 2 vrs' a clean pair of heels! :thumbup:

But.........it's a small car (inside) when compared to a Golf 7, never mind a Mk  3 Octy. 

'T is fun to drive but not enough elbow room for me! 

23 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

Just reading the cupra forums and looks like people that ordered are in the same boat as we all were when ordering the 245, waiting and waiting, oh joy!

Hi guys,

Ive just bought a brand new octavia vrs 245, but it’s very quite, I want the exhaust louder, with some crackles and bangs but dont want to change the exhaust, I’m thinking of doing a resonator delete. Been quoted £140 all in.

2 minutes ago, Ash84 said:

Hi guys,

Ive just bought a brand new octavia vrs 245, but it’s very quite, I want the exhaust louder, with some crackles and bangs but dont want to change the exhaust, I’m thinking of doing a resonator delete. Been quoted £140 all in.

Ash if you want to delete the second post just click on edit within 60 minutes and scroll back over the text and enter something in the reason for edit box.:thumbup:

5 hours ago, Ash84 said:

Hi guys,

Resonator delete adds a bit of volume but you won't get any crackles and bangs in the 245. 140 pounds sounds a bit rich though, it's literally just welding a piece of pipe in place of the resi. The exhaust shop charged me 80AUD (roughly 40 pounds)

On 21/11/2019 at 14:09, john999boy said:

You will love it! 

Had a drive of the Cupra yesterday, hatchback version and yeah was pretty pokey!  But noticeably smaller than the Octy.  But was drawn to the estate version which has 4WD.  There is also a hotter version the Cupra R which has 365! 

45 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Had a drive of the Cupra yesterday, hatchback version and yeah was pretty pokey!  But noticeably smaller than the Octy.  But was drawn to the estate version which has 4WD.  There is also a hotter version the Cupra R which has 365! 

I was looking at these before I ended up with my vRS, there had been some amazing PCH deals from them before I was actually looking of course. To be honest the boot and rear space in the Octavia hatchback sold it for me as its for Family duties. It's literally as much if not more than some estate cars. I did look at the 5 door and Estate Leons but the deal I got on my vRS sealed it.

2 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

I was looking at these before I ended up with my vRS, there had been some amazing PCH deals from them before I was actually looking of course. To be honest the boot and rear space in the Octavia hatchback sold it for me as its for Family duties. It's literally as much if not more than some estate cars. I did look at the 5 door and Estate Leons but the deal I got on my vRS sealed it.

Yeah size wise there is no comparison to the vRS, but it goes back next may and need to look for alternatives

1 minute ago, Ash84 said:

So what do I need to get a nice noise from the  Oct 245 ? Remap ? 

A large cone air filter by Ramair or Airtec (mine) with a larger intake piper gives nice hissing noise as you go through the gears even at low speeds which even my wife likes. Replaces the existing airbox/panel air filter including a metal heatshield to keep the air cool. Mine was around £300 fitted but you can save money by doing it yourself.:thumbup:

So question for the collective.. I got a warning Friday evening saying 12v battery low please drive the car. Now naturally my car isn't used for commuting and does lots of slow speed round town work and really hasn't been driven any sort of distance, given colder weather, use of heater, fan AC etc the start stop hasn't really been working a lot recently. The thing that gave the issue away the follow you home lights/interior lights were not coming on when you unlocked the car.. but the interior lights on fine opening the door and car starting just fine - I then randomly received that warning on the maxidot just once.

Anyway I had the car on charge overnight Sat and low and behold everything back to normal Sunday and the stop stop working pretty quickly once the car was warmed up.

So wondering if anyone else had had the car shutdown less than needed electrical systems when the engine wasn't running due to a low charge battery?

Edited by Scotty72

47 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

So question for the collective.. I got a warning Friday evening saying 12v battery low please drive the car. Now naturally my car isn't used for commuting and does lots of slow speed round town work and really hasn't been driven any sort of distance, given colder weather, use of heater, fan AC etc the start stop hasn't really been working a lot recently. The thing that gave the issue away the follow you home lights/interior lights were not coming on when you unlocked the car.. but the interior lights on fine opening the door and car starting just fine - I then randomly received that warning on the maxidot just once.

Anyway I had the car on charge overnight Sat and low and behold everything back to normal Sunday and the stop stop working pretty quickly once the car was warmed up.

So wondering if anyone else had had the car shutdown less than needed electrical systems when the engine wasn't running due to a low charge battery?

I know you only use your car at the weekends and probably mainly short journeys but it may pay you to go for at least a 50 mile trip once a month to give your battery/alternator a break and a chance to give it a good charge.:thumbup: