Any regrets?

Michael G

On 20/04/2018 at 22:26, vadimo said:

i am pretty sure it doesn't, i did even search manual nothing stated there about such filter, look at 1.5 TSI emissions its not much improved, pretty sure with filter the CO2 figures would be less 

The GPF doesn't reduce CO2, it filters particulates and usually makes the engine slightly less efficient

Edited by bigjohn

13 hours ago, bigjohn said:

The GPF doesn't reduce CO2, it filters particulates and usually makes the engine slightly less efficient

I'd be surprised if the petrol version has a particulate filter installed.  As with all filters it would need regenerating/replacing when clogged up and if that was the case anyone who buys the petrol version should be informed as with diesel cars.

On 19/04/2018 at 12:32, Macdemon said:

Life's too short to have regrets, just enjoy your AWESOME Karoq and feel pity for all those who have purchased a BMW, Audi or Mercedes and poured valuable money into a vehicle that does nothing more than our Karoqs' do haha.

We are leasing a SE Tech Karoq 1.5 and a 1.4 A4 Avant S-line. The Audi is £25 more a month (amortised) despite the Skoda being on one of the early silly deals, but the Audi probably feels like a car worth twice as much as the Skoda and is a far better long distance cruiser, what with the superior NVH, sound proofing etc etc. I do like both cars equally and they both have theirs pros and cons but given the delta in cost, it's not much valuable money being poured ! 

1 hour ago, nickfrog said:

We are leasing a SE Tech Karoq 1.5 and a 1.4 A4 Avant S-line. The Audi is £25 more a month (amortised) despite the Skoda being on one of the early silly deals, but the Audi probably feels like a car worth twice as much as the Skoda and is a far better long distance cruiser, what with the superior NVH, sound proofing etc etc. I do like both cars equally and they both have theirs pros and cons but given the delta in cost, it's not much valuable money being poured ! 

premium is probably the word and not just badge but quality and consistency throughout the car (i.e. karoq front door cards are nice with soft material on top and led strip, sadly this doesn't extended to the rear door cards).

I would of liked to get bmw x3 maybe but for practical car everyday use it's too much money.

3 hours ago, Englando said:

I'd be surprised if the petrol version has a particulate filter installed.  As with all filters it would need regenerating/replacing when clogged up and if that was the case anyone who buys the petrol version should be informed as with diesel cars.

I thought petrol engined had catalytic converters, or has technology more on from them??

3 hours ago, Macdemon said:

I thought petrol engined had catalytic converters, or has technology more on from them??

However GPF technology will be much simpler/cheaper than DPF technology as burn temperature is higher. No need for active regens or SCR. Overall it's a great thing as direct injection petrol cars create a lot more particulates than a port injection petrol cars - much more than recent diesel with DPF. I for one for will wait until the technology beds in, or buy one of the last cars without GPF !

Edited by bigjohn

• 3 months later...
On 20/04/2018 at 08:52, cjrp said:

My only regret is that I've already kerbed an alloy  :crying: Still, it was going to happen sooner or later and now it's out of the way. 

me too unfortunetly :(

Edited by prokaryotic

I purchased a car destined for the sales manager, test drove with the protection still on, it's a 1.5 edition colour is velvet red. It was already registered with 14 miles on the clock. Although I had no say in options fitted but seems well equipped. I have no regrets on the purchase or looks. 

1 hour ago, Nick60 said:

I purchased a car destined for the sales manager, test drove with the protection still on, it's a 1.5 edition colour is velvet red. It was already registered with 14 miles on the clock. Although I had no say in options fitted but seems well equipped. I have no regrets on the purchase or looks. 

Congratulations. Velvet Red looks great in the sun.

Sales Manager in a citigo then?

purchased a car destined for the sales manager, test drove with the protection still on, it's a 1.5 edition colour is velvet red. It was already registered with 14 miles on the clock. Although I had no say in options fitted but seems well equipped. I have no regrets on the purchase or looks. 

If that was what Skoda / or his boss wanted miles on before they sell the demonstrator / ex management vehicle that would be what he will be using.   Not often a car sales executive owns a new car and sells it. Never means that they are not sometimes the registered keeper, or the lady in the office is, or somebody that is not the same name as the sign above the dealership.    This month there will be so many stories told of this car was a canceled order. This was for the.manger etc as the non WLTP approved cars that are in the country look for buyers.  

Edited by Offski

3 minutes ago, Offski said:

If that was what Skoda / or his boss wanted miles on before they sell the demonstrator / ex management vehicle that would be what he will be using.   Not often a car sales executive owns a new car and sells it. Never means that they are not sometimes the registered keeper, or the lady in the office is, or somebody that is not the same name as the sign above the dealership.

I don't understand.... Never means that they are not sometimes..... Too many variables and infinitives!

No regrets - just annoyances.

Centre sliding shelf has open sides allowing items to fall out.

Options have to be switched off every time if you don't want them. We keep dogs and must switch internal alarm EVERYTIME - Yeti had a button. Same with stop start.

Not so relaxing to drive as Yeti - engine runs away in low gears. The handling at speed is much improved however.

I have the 1.0 engine

Factory tow bar very good.

Mirrors very good.

First gear vibration.

I'll shut up now.

6 hours ago, TJP said:

Options have to be switched off every time if you don't want them. We keep dogs and must switch internal alarm EVERYTIME - Yeti had a button. Same with stop start.

Not so relaxing to drive as Yeti - engine runs away in low gears. The handling at speed is much improved however.

I have the 1.0 engine

Mirrors very good.

First gear vibration.

I'll shut up now.

To switch the internal alarm off just push the lock on the remote twice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vectis said:

To switch the internal alarm off just push the lock on the remote twice.

Thanks for that. I'll try it tomorrow - I'm sure my jackies will appreciate it -they hate the alarm

1 hour ago, LBFS said:

Which shelf? 

Ok not technically a sheft - the sliding cover for the front power/usb outlet. Always shut because I got fed up with replacing fuses in previous cars. Also habitually used as a shelf for junk - some people never learn - the open sides are a real bummer

10 hours ago, TJP said:

I have the 1.0 engine

Mirrors very good.

First gear vibration.

I'll shut up now.

Another way to switch off alarm is to touch the door sensor twice when locking

I wish stop start could default to OFF.

Center console (above the phone charge draw) to have closed sides - so 'stuff can be placed there and NOT slideout.

Alarm bleep as standard when locking car.

Single button to switch off alarm when needed.

Hate satnav going into nightmode when lights are on

think thats about it really. oh 19inch alloys with lots of brake dust!