Name one irritant

Nicky_P

Hi Tom34,

Yes, I just rang up and asked if it's possible to have a 3 days test drive. At that time, I was in advanced discussions with the dealer. I needed only a confirmation that the car is what I wanted.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:42, Tenchfisher said:

The luggage cover in the Edition is very good and I has assumed, perhaps wrongly that it was fitted to all karoqs. When rolled out, it can be clipped to the boot door and then it rises up out of the way whenever the door is opened., giving clear access to the boot. I had a roll up cover on my old Superb, made of a sort of rubber/plastic covered cloth, which had to be rolled back into the holder to give access to the boot . The cover on the Karoq is much better, although unlike a stiff parcel shelf nothing can be carried on it. It's made of a fine mesh material and when it is rolled up the holder can be stored behind the front seats

On my annual trip to Le Mans it is useful to have a rigid parcel shelf so I have made this up out of 6 mm ply. Coat of varnish and it works a treat!

Wooden parcel shelf.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/04/2018 at 10:12, Vectis said:

Sounds like they have just screwed it on, get som number plate double sided strips and fit them about an inch from the end of the plate.

Mine is also just screwed on and does the slapping, are they supposed to use tape then? If so I won't add tape myself, will mention it when I go in soon. 

Weird Tyre noises that are noticeable when driving at certain speeds that seem to disappear if you either lean forwards (as if you are trying to touch the windscreen) or to the left (as if you are trying to open the glove box).  Annoying .... but not enough to take the smile of my face when I drive :)

(and no it is not incorrect tyre pressures as all have been checked and pumped up to the recommended bar pressure for the wheels)

3 hours ago, Tom34 said:

Mine is also just screwed on and does the slapping, are they supposed to use tape then? If so I won't add tape myself, will mention it when I go in soon. 

When I bought mine which was an ex-demo I had a private plate which they provided a set for me foc so had to swap over myself, there wasn't pads on the plates but I always use sticky pads as it gives a better fix. A couple of bob off ebay.

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2018 at 13:26, JohnD5314 said:

On my annual trip to Le Mans it is useful to have a rigid parcel shelf so I have made this up out of 6 mm ply. Coat of varnish and it works a treat!

Wooden parcel shelf.jpg

I bet you have some accurate dimensions, right?

Also, the shelf seems to clip over the tops of the shopping bag hooks, right?

Did you notice any reduction in noise from the rear when you wre driving with the shelf installed?

Creaking door handles! What on earth is going with them. Sould it be a recall Or what? I only have to sqeeze gently and they creak like an old floorboard. Does anyone else find this annoying on a car in excess of £28,000..

Edited by Livrishind

34 minutes ago, Livrishind said:

Creaking door handles! What on earth is going with them. Sould it be a recall Or what? I only have to sqeeze gently and they creak like an old floorboard. Does anyone else find this annoying on a car in excess of £28,000..

I would have thought a recall would only occur if there was some sort of design fault.

Has this been mentioned on the forum before?

Ours don't creak btw, yet....

13 hours ago, Livrishind said:

Same here  :(

The way the wipers leave a dirty area on the right hand side of the windscreen when you use the screen washers... and then the way the dirty water runs up the A pillar. Probably more noticeable on a RHD vehicle and I miss the wipers on the Leon which went all the way to the A pillars.

The LED lights.

As its summer they haven't been used much, but I drove a few miles through roadworks on the M6 recently at 3am and was dazzled by my dipped beam reflection from the traffic cones. The lights are very bright and a bit too white.

Probably get used to them come the dark evenings. 

20 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

The LED lights.

As its summer they haven't been used much, but I drove a few miles through roadworks on the M6 recently at 3am and was dazzled by my dipped beam reflection from the traffic cones. The lights are very bright and a bit too white.

Probably get used to them come the dark evenings. 

I used my LED headlights properly last night on a long drive home from Newhaven to Staffordshire. I don't mind the whiteness, but I find that the cone of light is focused a bit too close to the car at motorway speeds for my liking - it doesn't light up the road far enough ahead when on unlit motorway. As far as I can tell, there's no way of adjusting this with the LED lights.

The full beam is awesome though!

22 minutes ago, Kainey54 said:

I used my LED headlights properly last night on a long drive home from Newhaven to Staffordshire. I don't mind the whiteness, but I find that the cone of light is focused a bit too close to the car at motorway speeds for my liking - it doesn't light up the road far enough ahead when on unlit motorway. As far as I can tell, there's no way of adjusting this with the LED lights.

The full beam is awesome though!

The beam of light should adapt to driving conditions when selected to auto. I think that drive mode selection has an effect on the lighting as well, they don’t adapt in Eco mode.

Edited by Kenny R

4 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

The beam of light should adapt to driving conditions when selected to auto. I think that drive mode selection has an effect on the lighting as well, if you have it.

Yes, I saw that in the manual. It didn't seem to adapt noticeably last night when I changed my speed. I'll try switching the lights out of auto next time, and see if that makes any difference.

Side-sensors. The car doesn't actually have side-sensors for the area near your doors right? But it uses the front (and rear) sensors to form an image about what you'll find right near your doors. 

However, sometimes they'll flash red without anything near your doors. Mostly happens in an intersection with cars getting really close, but the "sensors" flash red 1-2 seconds after a car passes me...

On 02/07/2018 at 19:59, CanIDrive said:

Anyone else noticed the reflection of the driver's side air vent in the wing mirror?

I only noticed it today after a couple of months of driving. It's rare that I have the sun shade/pan roof open when it's very sunny, but today was one of those days. Maybe it's the light coming in through the roof that's causing the reflection?