Still no build week!

19 minutes ago, jamiemad said:

Really? I can't get any pricing from the dealers as that's what I want to order. I'm just getting the same old story every time about no my2019 prices. 

Yeah I heard the UK dealers were slow. But when the prices come they will be better than ours. 

Fully loaded we landed on 65500GBP before discounts. Go Norway!

7 minutes ago, Kingly2 said:

Dealers are able to place orders now but they’d be based on My2018 prices so I suspect they are holding out as prices will clearly go up!

Several countries have the 2019 prices. 

10 minutes ago, BGB said:

Several countries have the 2019 prices. 

Yes I know. Sorry I mean in the UK dealers can place orders based only on 2018 prices at the moment and looks like some are holding off on placing orders now until the higher prices come in! I’ve seen posts saying people have placed an order recently so some dealers are taking orders still!

^^^ But the Question to ask and record the answer to or get in writing is. 

When you take my order and deposit are you making the Order with the Manufacturer for my cars build, today, tomorrow or when will you order my car and get an approximate delivery date?

& Can you tell me the spec of my car, and is what i am ordering now and the price OTR that you show me now as much as i have to pay?

I have saved my email discussion on Carwow with the relevant dealer where they committed to holding the MY18 price for an MY19 model. Hoping that will be enough, given the waiting times on the 2.0TSI Scout.

Interesting, we enquired on Monday and they best they could say was if may get built between now and week 48, with delivery 2nd week 19 if things all go well. But prior to this our build week was showing as 2/19 on the system.??

6 minutes ago, rykard said:

Interesting, we enquired on Monday and they best they could say was if may get built between now and week 48, with delivery 2nd week 19 if things all go well. But prior to this our build week was showing as 2/19 on the system.??

When and which one did you order. Mine is the 2.0 l tdi sportline but I didn't add any extras

When I ordered mine, end of June, I was given build week in November with anticipated delivery in December.  This eventually came forward a lot - but I remained pessimistic...  I am picking the car up tomorrow!!!  It's a 2.0 TDI 150 Edition 4x4 so looks like they are getting these through the WLTP process.

• Like 1

Well, here in Switzerland there is still no build weeks for people who ordered in March this year! Am going to the Skoda Garage next week to kick up a massive fuss! 

Contract did state December delivery but i would have expected a Build week and delivery date by now surly. 

I ordered a 2.0 Petrol, so i assume these have not been "passed" yet?

Edited by Kalpz

58 minutes ago, Kalpz said:

I ordered a 2.0 Petrol, so i assume these have not been "passed" yet?

No it has not been tested yet in the Kodiaq - but i believe its right around the corner. If Im not wrong the Octavia is approved with the new 2.0TSI.

7 hours ago, ncpierce said:

When I ordered mine, end of June, I was given build week in November with anticipated delivery in December.  This eventually came forward a lot - but I remained pessimistic...  I am picking the car up tomorrow!!!  It's a 2.0 TDI 150 Edition 4x4 so looks like they are getting these through the WLTP process.

Good news, congrats. Hopefully we'll have a good few more stories like this before the years out

interesting comments from the netherlands on the wltp thread. dealers are asking people for the heated screen and steering wheel options to be removed as these may delay the order by 3-6 months as they have an adverse affect on the testing....

5 minutes ago, rykard said:

interesting comments from the netherlands on the wltp thread. dealers are asking people for the heated screen and steering wheel options to be removed as these may delay the order by 3-6 months as they have an adverse affect on the testing....

Really!! That’s not good. I have heated windscreen on my order. Mine is due to be built this week. I’ll let you know progress and when I actually get the car! I won’t be happy if it’s built and sitting around in a field for months! 

8 minutes ago, Kingly2 said:

Really!! That’s not good. I have heated windscreen on my order. Mine is due to be built this week. I’ll let you know progress and when I actually get the car! I won’t be happy if it’s built and sitting around in a field for months! 

probably earlier on the thread, but we ordered a 2.0 TSI DSG Edition in june for a Sept delivery but this kept going back. On Monday they said we would get it week 2/19 'all being well'. Skoda customer service said they are built awaiting certification, another FB source said they aren't building any petrol till week 48, then I read that this morning, which surely means they aren't being built and being stored at an airport? We cancelled on Monday and restarted the search for a replacement for our CRV.

We were talking to the MD of a Kia dealership who said he'd had a woman in who bought a Kia Sportage as she'd had issue getting her Audi Q2, the dealer called her the DAY BEFORE she was due to take possession to say there had been a build issue and she wouldn't be getting it fro 3-4 months. THE DAY BEFORE!! I would be apoplectic if this happened to me......

WLTP Thread

Edited by rykard

Remember it isn't just engine specific. All specifications and factory options need testing. That's every significant emissions-affecting option.

In other words a lot of different configurations.

On 28/09/2018 at 11:10, ncpierce said:

Any word on the WLTP derived emission results? With most cars they are higher, pushing them into a higher tax band. I had to sign a waiver saying that I understand the tax may be more and I’ll be liable but I can cancel if unhappy with the results.

Welcome.

Is the VED not going to stay unaffected by the Increased emissions shown by the WLTP & going into a higher band for 2 years because of a previous announcement on that?

But BIK could be affected.

There have been posts from those that seem to be in the know on that matter.

Agh, ok, great. I was under the impression from the dealer that it would be converted back to NEDC, but they had still been coming back a bit higher than before. The engine I have ordered is the 2.0tdi 4x4 dsg 149g/km so is right on the edge of the next band already. 

Thanks for the info! 

Just spoke to Skoda CS regarding my order for 2.0TDi Edition 4x4 placed end of Aug and was told I have a provisional build week 44 slot, end of October :).  Ties-in with the information I was given when ordering of 14 - 17 weeks to delivery and fingers crossed it doesn't suddenly change.

Looks like the diesels aren't being affected by the WLTP testing debacle as much as the petrol versions.

Edited by Bally

If it's any consolation to anyone I've just read of 2 people on another kodiaq forum, both with 2.0 l petrol engines ordered. One had ordered on the 20th of July the other I'm not sure of. Anyway both have been told that their cars are built and approved (seemingly the car doesn't show officially as being built until wltp approval) and are expected end of this month and end of next. Hopefully starting to move now and some of you waiting on the tsi Etc will not have to wait as long as feared