Still no build week!

I ordered an SE L  2.0 tsi mid April.  The dealer had zero info to tell me till  mid august when I was told tentatively I had April out week 38 build date but it wasn't 100% and that  delivery wouldn't happen before the end of December but January /February  or later would be more realistic. The dealer was upfront enough to say they were getting no info from Skoda UK and that if I wanted I could have one of their std colour std spec (no options) fleet/stock they could switch to me too as an option if I wanted one this year (and before the 31st of august).  Sad to say I've cancelled and went to Mazda.

Not what I wanted , I feel the Kodiaq is an excellent package with decent dealer, just a shame SUK feel the customer is not to be valued. 

I feel vaugly justified as I checked the German ADAC site as they have an upto date with list.

Only the 150ps Kodiaq and 150ps Kodiaq Scout are type approved currently :/ (I'd hazard the 1.5 tsi then 190ps tdi will be next with the 2.0tsi very much last )

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

I am wondering if the wait times I see quoted around are counted from the time of ordering or since WLTP screwed up everything? Been waiting for 4 and a half months now with no info from the dealer and waiting another 5 would  just make me go look for something else right away. 

11 hours ago, blank_jack said:

I am wondering if the wait times I see quoted around are counted from the time of ordering or since WLTP screwed up everything? Been waiting for 4 and a half months now with no info from the dealer and waiting another 5 would  just make me go look for something else right away. 

Ignore dealer. Go straight to skoda live chat 

I've only been waiting 3mths, so I'm pretty new, but all I get from chat "I see your order has been accepted by the factory" and that's it! 

Not heard a thing from dealer in 2mths. 

I'll give it another month if no change I fancy the Cupra ST 4drive for March delivery. 

4 hours ago, Gustychelsea said:

Ignore dealer. Go straight to skoda live chat 

Yeah, the thing is Skoda have 0 info, I emailed their "info line" and got this "Info":

Dear Sir, We are sorry that your delivery time has been prolonged. It may be that your vehicle has to be newly homologated according to the new valid methodology of the WLTP. The latest information will be provided by your authorized dealer. Best regards,

Just found this to check what variants have been WLTP approved, easier to read than the ADAC site listed elsewhere

https://www.gov.uk/co2-and-vehicle-tax-tools

It does not give info on when a test is due to take place but at least you dont have to waste time with a dealer on finding an approved variant, the diesel manuals seem to have approval so hopefu;l;y (for me!) The diesel autos won't be far behind

Skoda CS advised me today that I could get mine mid december with a estimated build week of 46-48 which is a lot more info than I have been given up until now!

Edited by Turv

Sorry to barge in but I'm after a 1.5 SEL 5 seat as a new company car. No info from the lease provider as to when an order can be placed. As previously stated if you need the space and value proposition then what is the alternative. I think Skoda know this. 

My order was placed on the 19th of July (2.0tdi sportline 190). I have just spoken to Skoda via the online chat and they have confirmed that the car is now built and should be in the uk before the 12th of November. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob8980 said:

That’s what they said yes. I’m hoping it’s correct or I will be stuck borrowing the wife’s car until it arrives. 

Well I will be crossing my fingers for you sir but I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

But you will definitively get yours before our 190TSI arrives. 

15 hours ago, Rob8980 said:

My order was placed on the 19th of July (2.0tdi sportline 190). I have just spoken to Skoda via the online chat and they have confirmed that the car is now built and should be in the uk before the 12th of November. 

Hope so. Mine was ordered 17th of July, 2.0 l sportline dsg, skoda UK reckon it was being built last week, can take 2 weeks to build and were hopeful of late November delivery and early December hand over. Wont check with them again until the end of this week/ beginningof next to see if it's made yet 

Thanks very much for posting the information. So helpful to see this compared with all of the false infor around.

I see that it is for the 8th to 22nd October. Hopefully next week there will be better news for the 2.0TSi.

Still finding this very frustrating. In March when I first ordered them it was a 1.4TSi that was was on the order form. Was told a few days later that were not taking orders for that engine, nor the replacement 1.5TSi, but that I could order a 2 litre and I could have it at the beginning of July. So I changed the order to the 2 litre. Looking at the Octavia with the 2.0TSi and a release date to customers in February of cars I can only assume that the 2.0TSI Kodiaq certification will be behind the Octavia. Hope I am wrong..

Shocking lack of openness form Skoda UK on true likely delivery dates. 

• Like 1

Hmmm... that's interesting for one engine the Kodiaq list contains and one it doesn't.

There is a "2.0 TDI 115 PS 6G MAN" at the bottom, but the 240PS engine for the vRS isn't in there. No idea which trim level the 115PS will be for - unless they're going to reintroduce the 'S', but for those wanting a vRS it would appear delivery shouldn't be held up by WLTP at all.

Judging by the dates on the document, they're updated / re-issued every few weeks. I don't think the order books are open yet for the vRS which may explain why the 240PS engine is missing, or it's already passed and therefore won't be subject to the 'banking' procedure.

34 minutes ago, Gustychelsea said:

Sorry for being simple here but...WHA? what does the above list show exactly. I've a 2 litre 150 DSG sportline ordered. So is that saying it's ready/not ready/will be delayed. Sorry again just not sure what that's saying 

Hi Gutsy,

I have a 2l petrol Sportline on order.  It has been built but is awaiting WLTP testing, so “banked” as per above.  My dealer has contacted me today to say that it won’t be arriving until January and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it took longer than that.  If they are building and stockpiling them, it’s going to be a logistical nightmare to ship them to wherever they are ultimately heading and that has to lead to further delays.

It’s very frustrating.

Andrew

13 minutes ago, Andrew_Bu said:

Hi Gutsy,

I have a 2l petrol Sportline on order.  It has been built but is awaiting WLTP testing, so “banked” as per above.  My dealer has contacted me today to say that it won’t be arriving until January and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it took longer than that.  If they are building and stockpiling them, it’s going to be a logistical nightmare to ship them to wherever they are ultimately heading and that has to lead to further delays.

It’s very frustrating.

Andrew

It is properly grim waiting so long. Seems tho, unless I'm reading this completely wrong , that my engine is good to go and the dates are the same as skoda UK have quoted so I'm ever hopeful....cautiously hopeful