Still no build week!

5 hours ago, London_taffy said:

If an engine listed as wltp approved then that engine has been approved immaterial of drive train etc,end of.  

It can only be certified once all combos of, gearbox, 2 or 4wd (if applicable) wheel size options  (again if applicable) trim/spec level and optional extras available. Otherwise in Skoda/VWs case the list of permutations approved would be stupidly long and also I dont think it would have met the criteria the have some tested and some not.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Your first sentence reads to me that once the engine is WLTP approved, then that's the end of the process, it's ready for certification.

Your second sentence then suggests the certification will only be issued once the engine has been tested to all possible configurations.

Both statements contradict each other?

My understanding of the process is that for each engine, all possible configurations need to be tested, for example, any configuration that could affect the emissions (from gearboxes, to alloy wheel size through to heated windscreens and tow bars).

This is where VAG struggle, their generously complicated options lists mean that the number of possible configurations is huge, hence the massive backlog in testing.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 07/11/2018 at 16:13, BGB said:

I noticed that the 2.0TSI is removed from the Norwegian pricelist.

Called my dealer and as it seems right now the car will not get built before week 3 2019.

When did you order, which model and with what equipment? I had a few additions that could give up to four weeks extra, but I don't know where it's in the schedule. I'd rather it didn't get built now and had to stay in a Czechs field until next year, so production in 2019 is fine. No big rush for me either, but the lack of information is annoying.

51 minutes ago, SkodaNor said:

When did you order, which model and with what equipment? I had a few additions that could give up to four weeks extra, but I don't know where it's in the schedule. I'd rather it didn't get built now and had to stay in a Czechs field until next year, so production in 2019 is fine. No big rush for me either, but the lack of information is annoying.

Sportline 2.0 TSI with all options except panoramic roof.

Im thinking the same when it comes to build week, no rush here as well so if it gets built after the WLTP approval is in place I dont mind.

We are just 10 days before the last week of November... According to the Official Greek Skoda Company, the 4th week of November should begin the building of the Skoda Kodiaq Style, 7 seats, TSI, 4x4, DSG... I'm not very optimist about that... Just have the fingers crossed and waiting till then... After the last week, maybe I would not be  patient anymore... I made the order last June!!! Now we should know the exact day of delivery! I'm very nervous with all this situation... Simply clever or Simply ... never??? 

On 06/11/2018 at 15:43, jaroT said:

Kodiaq 1.5 TSI ACT with manual or with DSG is WLTP approved:
https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

Ordered 23rd may just been told by Skoda UK I can have a car until mine comes in December .

• Like 1

Just been speaking to Skoda UK through there online chat. Apparently my sportline 190tdi is cleared for shipping at the port in Germany, and is now waiting for a boat, and should be at the uk dealer by approximately week 48, that commences on the 26th of November. We will wait and see. 

On 15/11/2018 at 15:35, Rob8980 said:

Just been speaking to Skoda UK through there online chat. Apparently my sportline 190tdi is cleared for shipping at the port in Germany, and is now waiting for a boat, and should be at the uk dealer by approximately week 48, that commences on the 26th of November. We will wait and see. 

I've been given the beginning of next week or the 26th for arrival at dealers. Fingers crossed for both 

This reminds me of a young member in the Norwegian Audi Club that got himself a brand new RS5 a few years ago. He waited weeks to get the right license plate not using the car.

Just because he wanted a plate from the «right» district - a posh neighborhood in Oslo. 

20 minutes to 200 minutes depending on a tech a fitter or some muppet.

When does the Dealership get around to getting a PDI done is a different question.

Tell the Sales Person, what Service Interval you want, what things Activated at the PDI that they can activate. Tell them the Tyre Pressure you want, 

etc etc. 

Talk it over, put it in writing and have 'them' understand your requirements.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

Edited by Offski

Hi!

FYI

I reserved Kodiaq 1.5 TSI on 06.11.2018 in Croatia and expected delivery was 6-8 months.

Dealer called me today (27.11.2018) and he said that expected delivery time is January 2019.

BR.

54 minutes ago, tiregist said:

Hi!

FYI

I reserved Kodiaq 1.5 TSI on 06.11.2018 in Croatia and expected delivery was 6-8 months.

Dealer called me today (27.11.2018) and he said that expected delivery time is January 2019.

BR.

The 1.5 TSI is approved and good to go - it is the 2.0 TSI which is the problem.