Still no build week!

I see you have the interior LED pack. Does it offer nice ambient lighting in the cabin at night? I don’t really understand what the other benefits are - if any!

It’s finally here!!!! Must be some sort of record. I’ve waited 40 weeks for it to get built but then from build week to the dealer has taken 12 days and I pick it up on Wednesday..... just after all the snow will have melted!!! 

Hmmm. I feel my 2.0 tsi is a little jumpy at lower speeds. And slow to react on the speeder at lower speeds.

I have never owned a car with dsg before, and my testdrive was 9 month ago. 

Is it common with dsg? I've seen comments before about dsg not perfect when trying to park. 

One have to "learn" how to drive with a DSG as it doesn't behave like a normal auto. In addition to this a DSG adapts to how the driver uses the car and can sometimes need a factory reset through VCDS or similar - but never heard a new car needed it.

But yes, our Octavia Scout with DQ-250 can be a little weird and jumpy sometimes. When going from D to R when parking the car and letting the brake go the car just sits there for 1-2 seconds then suddenly jumps away.

Ok. I have only driven it since thursday, so maybe i just have to get used to it.

I have not ordered drivemodeselect, and my fear is that it is automatically on eco when driving slow... And that maybe causes it? 

I am used to drive with old school automatic. 

On 02/02/2019 at 11:17, mlohnork said:

I did not order anything about interior lightning. Probably standard equipment in style package here... But it is only for the looks. U can adjust brightness and colour. 

DSC_0601.JPG

Great pic. Interior LED light pack is an option on my UK spec. hence my question

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got an indication of expected production week from my dealer, even though it's not definitive yet. Ordered on 8/1/19, expected delivery end of June. I did get a 1.5 TSI DSG, with loads of options, so I did expect it to take a while for the car to be built.

6 hours ago, JasperVelders said:

Finally got an indication of expected production week from my dealer, even though it's not definitive yet. Ordered on 8/1/19, expected delivery end of June. I did get a 1.5 TSI DSG, with loads of options, so I did expect it to take a while for the car to be built.

Whats your build week? You ordered around the same time as me

ive ordered an SEL 1.5 DSG with a few options

Edited by PoloGaz

Interesting. My dealer told me the build week for mine within 4 days of ordering. Ordered 30 Jan. Initially told week 17/18 then 2 weeks later this was reduced to week 12 - end of April. This is for a 190 TSI with 14 options. 

9 hours ago, Retrac said:

My dealer told me the build week for mine within 4 days of ordering.

This is just the estimated build week, when the car is locked for the build slot you get the actual date.

On 23/02/2019 at 07:33, BGB said:

This is just the estimated build week, when the car is locked for the build slot you get the actual date.

How much notice do you get of the actual ‘locked’ build slot? Do I need to start checking with the dealer yet (for mid April delivery)

46 minutes ago, Retrac said:

How much notice do you get of the actual ‘locked’ build slot? Do I need to start checking with the dealer yet (for mid April delivery)

They dont normally tell you that the car have a slot, you must ask. After this point, the color, engine and options cant be changed.

Be sure to ask UK Dealerships in Writing.

'Is the agreed purchase / lease price when ordered going to be honoured for delivery after March 2019?

(That is after BREXIT if BREXIT happens.)

Obviously they have no idea about possible changes and tariffs etc, exchange rates, any possible delays,  but they can say,

'No idea'  the cost might change, 'but you can cancel the car with no penalty to you if it is too expensive over the agreed price'.

or 'No you have been given the OTR price when you ordered.

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

I ordered a Kodiaq  SE L 1.5 petrol with a few extras. Been told i have  BW20. Been told car should be at dealers in July.

In peoples experience would anyone be able to hazard a guess when abouts in July that might be.

thanks in advance