Fuel Tank range Diesel vs Petrol vRS

1 hour ago, seanbrady49 said:

Just curious what range (when you have a  full tank) on diesel vs petrol.

Mine is normally around 800km. (DIESEL)

Irrelevant surely? It usually gives you an estimate based on the last tank and unless your driving and traffic conditions over the new tank are almost exactly the same then it's not going to be a useful guess.

Somebody who only ever does town based driving will get a much lower range estimate than someone who does lots of motorway driving.

Edited by ahenners

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Mine reads 500 miles usually and the fuel light generally comes on after 440 miles with 60 to go so it is usually pretty accurate :)

Pretty much this for me too. Steady driving on A55 daily and getting 54ish mpg. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

Irrelevant surely? It usually gives you an estimate based on the last tank and unless your driving and traffic conditions over the new tank are almost exactly the same then it's not going to be a useful guess.

Somebody who only ever does town based driving will get a much lower range estimate than someone who does lots of motorway driving.

Intrested to see the difference is all esp town vs motorway petrol and the same for diesel too 

25 minutes ago, seanbrady49 said:

Intrested to see the difference is all esp town vs motorway petrol and the same for diesel too 

Fair enough. I generally get 400 miles with mostly motorway during the week and town based stuff at weekend. Think the suggested range is usually about 450.

Should probably add that's petrol.

Edited by ahenners

42 minutes ago, Zippeh said:

Pretty much this for me too. Steady driving on A55 daily and getting 54ish mpg. 

Mine is also measured on the A55 and A483 3 days a week haha, not exactly steady some mornings though haha, will be easier come October a I’ll be on a 9:30 start instead of 9 :)

I would usually get around the 400 mile mark and around 40mpg. That's with the majority of urban driving with the occasional motorway or rural jaunt.

Best mileage I've got to date was when I went to Donington Park and back for a bike track day. Just on 200 miles there and back and got just on 60mpg. I was towing my bike trailer as well and had the boot loaded with ancillaries.  It had used a little under 3/4 tank for that journey. Probably would have been better mpg if it wasn't for the stop start sections on the M6.

Motorway driving without the trailer sees 60mpg+ happily

From my experience with a 184bhp diesel (and I'm quite happy to accept I owned a lemon seeing as I couldn't get more than 43mpg) then go with a petrol every time.

Particularly having read some posts from owners driving petrols that have had them chipped and are still exceeding the mpg that I managed.

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Mine is also measured on the A55 and A483 3 days a week haha, not exactly steady some mornings though haha, will be easier come October a I’ll be on a 9:30 start instead of 9 :)

Snap again lol. Ill keep an eye for ya!

• Like 1

420 miles out of my last TSI. Did it once just out of interest. Had a bit to go but I was done by that time. 320-350 was the norm. Same with this one as well. 

6B908932-EDD2-41E7-A590-557771D5E3F7.jpeg

2 hours ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

From my experience with a 184bhp diesel (and I'm quite happy to accept I owned a lemon seeing as I couldn't get more than 43mpg) then go with a petrol every time.

Particularly having read some posts from owners driving petrols that have had them chipped and are still exceeding the mpg that I managed.

I’m getting close to 56mpg in my diesel and I’m still able to over take when needed, within the limits of course 

12 hours ago, tunedude said:

Best mileage I've got to date was when I went to Donington Park 

Was that before the roadworks started? :) 

M1 J24 is my daily commute, current roadworks are a nightmare.

Lee

Over 18,500 miles, my petrol 220 has averaged 288 miles a tank.  A fair chunk of that is caused by urban stop-start home to work mileage (I think my overall average speed is 26mph).  The rest of the time I'm not driving with economy in mind.

Gaz

1 hour ago, logiclee said:

Was that before the roadworks started? :) 

M1 J24 is my daily commute, current roadworks are a nightmare.

Lee

Might have been, this was about 18 months ago.

I didn't go on the M1, only needed to be on the A50 in that area

15 hours ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

+1

4 hours ago, Offski said:

It would be dead handy if the amount of litres put in making that tank full was posted.

eg

i get 450 miles from a tank and that is 45 litres each fillup.

Or i get 300 miles and that is from 50 litres.

I used to fill up after between 400 and 420 miles when the warning light came on.  Could never get more than about 43 litres in though!?

20 minutes ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

I used to fill up after between 400 and 420 miles when the warning light came on.  Could never get more than about 43 litres in though!?

Filled up earlier today, 46.77L in no problem. Fuel light on and about 30 miles range left. 398 miles covered.

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 20:22, SkodaVRS1963 said:

My petrol VRS pushing out over 300BHP currently heading for 490 miles (or 785KM) on this tank at an average of over 44MPG. 700 miles a month on the motorway helps out of my monthly total mileage of 1,000.