Add in wireless phone charging pad ?

It’s the issue where with a cold start both headlights stay in a too low position.(auto level installation with xenon) There is a software update for this issue. 

On 19/05/2018 at 18:23, Mr Grump said:

Worryingly I just popped out to the car, and placed phone in without turning ignition on, and it started charging.

I am hoping that's just because of Kessy, and the power is turned off when car is locked :blink:

My USB seems to be powered all the time also. Going to lock car up and monitor it. 

14 minutes ago, Macsamillion said:

My USB seems to be powered all the time also. Going to lock car up and monitor it. 

Just to provide a bit of reassurance - my set-up (which I copied lock, stock and barrel from Mr Grump) was plugged in for 2 1/2 weeks over xmas when my car was parked up. Doesn't seem to have harmed anything - car started first time no problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/01/2019 at 05:34, Tin82 said:

The previous owner of my car decided to order the car with ashtrays. :crying:

So i need to replace the entire box. 

These start to appear on Ali:

http://s.aliexpress.com/7J7ZVbye

Car is at the dealer with the headlight issue and a weak battery. So can’t check the measurements. I do hope i can find a qi charging panel that fits. 

Did you try this and does it fit?

57 minutes ago, Tin82 said:

It does not fit. It is an entirely different unit. 

Thanks. Has anyone tried one of these?  

AU $62.92  31% Off | 10W car QI wireless charger for Skoda Kodiak Kodiaq 2017 2018 2019 2020 wireless charging phone charger phone holder accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msR8wl9

Good spot. It looks a nice kit and good option for when (if?) my wireless android auto turns up. 

I had a quick glance at their web site but couldn't see the Superb one though (octy only for skoda). 

12 hours ago, JBD1974 said:

Good spot. It looks a nice kit and good option for when (if?) my wireless android auto turns up. 

I had a quick glance at their web site but couldn't see the Superb one though (octy only for skoda). 

Ah yes. I did see that and forgot in the time it took me to post. I need to plug my brain back in.

@SashaGrace care to share the kit you plan to use?

12 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

Ah yes. I did see that and forgot in the time it took me to post. I need to plug my brain back in.

@SashaGrace care to share the kit you plan to use?

An OEM pad and holder. Skoda offered it as an option on the Superb where VW didn’t on the Passat. I’ve vowed to spend no more money on the car until pay day but I’m really struggling lol 😂 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

An OEM pad and holder. Skoda offered it as an option on the Superb where VW didn’t on the Passat. I’ve vowed to spend no more money on the car until pay day but I’m really struggling lol 😂 

You have the part numbers? 

Am I right in thinking that if you have any sort of case on the phone then it won't charge because it cannot penetrate the case?

• 1 month later...
On 19/03/2021 at 07:52, MarkyG82 said:

I'm in the process of installing an Inbay charger in my Passat. They make the same for the superb so I'll let you know how it turns out.

As an update. I contacted inbay, and they confirmed that they do not have any plans to make one for the Superb:sadsmile:

• Sad 1

On 21/03/2021 at 11:54, SashaGrace said:

3V0035502 is the charge pad, need to check the rest.

Sahsa, do you maybe have the number for a car that has the antenna for the phone, but no QI charger, mine has the signal booster, and no QI charging, so im looking to add that, but would hate to loose the signal boost function. Thank you!