alcantara steering wheel

Had my new alcantara steering wheel fitted to my octy RS today and it looks awesome but it only come with white stitching would of love red stitching but no can do.

for people that are interested in it the one i had fitted was for DSG with gear paddles they do a non DSG one too.

part numbers 

DSG alcantara steering wheel 565 064 241A GCW

non DSG alcantara steering wheel 565 064 241 GCW

price the one i had fitted the steering wheel was £195 inc vat and fitting was £102 inc vat and i had it fitted at my skoda dealer i don't know about the non DSG steering wheel but it should be about the same if not cheaper.

xz5 166.JPG

xz5 164.JPG

xz5 163.JPG

• Like 1

This looks really good!! I need my steering wheel retrimming so it’s interesting to see this wheel is a proper Skoda one and is so inexpensive! I paid not much less than that to have my Mercedes wheel trimmed in Nappa leather. Is the price £195 from a Skoda dealer? I take it that’s just the wheel and paddles, no switches?

yes that the price from skoda dealer the wheel come with all the switches and the paddles for the DSG one and the non DSG one get only the switches

• Like 1

That’s a bargain, it’s £100 for the switches!!! I guess they have the white background lighting for MY16 only though. That would annoy me, but I could keep my original buttons... very interesting :) May have to have more of a think about this as I would like to introduce some different materials in the cabin, mine is full of leather so alcantara would be a nice change. Thanks for the heads up on the wheel, it’s given me lots of ideas :D

as for the background lighting for switches i guess it's white don't know not try that yet :D your more then welcome for the heads up :thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1

How well is it going to wear? Does Alcantara tend to wear smooth/shiny after a while? Looks good though.

Interesting video on Alcantara.

Edited by hatchy

Some years ago I had an Audi with an OEM alcantara wheel,my observations based on this are as follows;

The wear aspect referred to in the feature above may be a bit overstated.

I found out that the apparent  wear was not as bad as it seemed,the pile was flattened by grease from the hands but could be revived with a mild detergent and a stiff brush.

As stated above,it's cloth not real suede,so I found it more slippery than good leather.

So would I want alcantara in future in preference to good quality leather?...Sorry,No.

Edited by *JP*

11 hours ago, Rsrob said:

Had my new alcantara steering wheel fitted to my octy RS today and it looks awesome but it only come with white stitching would of love red stitching but no can do.

for people that are interested in it the one i had fitted was for DSG with gear paddles they do a non DSG one too.

part numbers 

price the one i had fitted the steering wheel was £195 inc vat and fitting was £102 inc vat and i had it fitted at my skoda dealer i don't know about the non DSG steering wheel but it should be about the same if not cheaper.

xz5 166.JPG

xz5 164.JPG

xz5 163.JPG

That looks really nice. Off topic but where did you get the cover for the rest pedal?

1 hour ago, Madmax889 said:

That looks really nice. Off topic but where did you get the cover for the rest pedal?

It's not a cover it's a replacement From superskoda 

26 minutes ago, Rsrob said:

It's not a cover it's a replacement From superskoda 

You got a link? All the ones I have seen say they are for Manual only?! (Not really sure why they would be different) 

41 minutes ago, daveface said:

You got a link? All the ones I have seen say they are for Manual only?! (Not really sure why they would be different) 

It will be fine - I have the exact same one. DSG footrests are slightly wider (few mm) whereas the manual is narrower because of the clutch pedal. The one from Superskoda is an exact size match for the narrower manual footrest, but will fit a DSG fine also.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RHD-VRS-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

It will be fine - I have the exact same one. DSG footrests are slightly wider (few mm) whereas the manual is narrower because of the clutch pedal. The one from Superskoda is an exact size match for the narrower manual footrest, but will fit a DSG fine also.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RHD-VRS-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION

Wicked thanks, might just have to place an order :-) assume is quite straightforward to swap over!

45 minutes ago, daveface said:

Wicked thanks, might just have to place an order :-) assume is quite straightforward to swap over!

Yeah nice and easy, if I remember rightly it's one torx screw from the right hand side then it just clips out.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 27/07/2018 at 19:19, Rsrob said:

part numbers 

xz5 166.JPG

xz5 164.JPG

xz5 163.JPG

I´m about to install my alcantara wheel tomorrow, how did you remove the vRS badge insert on the bottom of the steering wheel?

Don´t whant to break anything.