Evidence of rust already???!

boff180

Hi all,

Just happened to glance at the brackets which attach the boot strut pistons on to the body last night.

I can see a clear orange discolouration between the bracket and the body!!!

Surely the car can’t be rusting already? It’s not even 4 months old!

72B701C0-4E92-419F-A0D3-6C0F6DA0E55D.jpeg

Edited by boff180
Added photo
  • Thanks 1

Let Skoda UK CS know, and they have to let Skoda CZ know, and they need to have the engineers look at those brackets and bolt, make changes, 

issue TPI's to Dealers & Approved repairers.

They need to act now as 'Snagging Faults' should be dealt with.   This is 'Simply Clever' stuff,  VW Group are not good at doing that. 

Time that VW Group / Skoda learn to listen to owners and customers.

They can arrange to have your car inspected, by a 'Expert' not some 'Warranty Manager' / Workshop Manager.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

The Internet / Social Media will catch them out these days if they do not act correctly, and do the right thing.  

The car in the picture needs actions taken now.

• Like 1

If it is a protective barrier / wax the Master Tech that removes the bracket will be able to confirm that easily enough, 

if there are Quality Control issues or Fundamental Design, Manufacturing / Material Component choice and coating issues Skoda CZ can confirm that.

No point waiting until people need to make claims as some have had with the Zinc Inclusion problem and other rusting issues.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/451758-paint-missing-from-inside-hinge-part-of-wing 

6 hours ago, Wino said:

Right at the top of your photo there's some rust on the top face of the bracket, by the looks of it?

Yes it looks like it to me. Very similar to yours.

Keep us posted!

15 hours ago, OrionBG said:

This looks more like it is from the bracket itself. It doesn't look very well painted...

Doesn't look painted at all, more like just a black oxide coating similar to that of the head on that setscrew.

• Like 1

Just to update, Skoda have expressed concern and have asked me to get a dealer to undertake a diagnostic inspection.

The car is booked in for next Wednesday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, boff180 said:

Just to update, Skoda have expressed concern and have asked me to get a dealer to undertake a diagnostic inspection.

The car is booked in for next Wednesday.

Great, thanks.

Keep us posted - as you know I have exactly the same problem!!

Be sure to get a copy of the written report, no Data Protection or such nonsense from Skoda UK or the Dealership, it is your car so you do not need protected,

other than from them.

Be sure if the Inspection is done by anyone other than the Dealerships Master Tech, Warranty Manager and Qualified Body Shop Technician you get 

their Qualification detains along with their report.

3 minutes ago, Tom34 said:

Mine the same, must surely affect all Karoqs.

Perhaps it may be the subject of a future recall?

On the positive side, it is pretty much a non structural part, which is hidden most of the time. It won't rust through in my lifetime. That said, its poor for a new car.

The similar part in my wifes 3 year old Fabia looks perfect, no discolouration or rust.

Im loathed to take the time off to take it to the dealers for inspection - but if I don't there may not be a recall!

The part is obviously substandard.