Skoda failing to live up to expectations

Madasaskaven

Well I’ve said it.  I rang the dealers again today about my windscreen that’s due to be sorted under warranty.  3 months I’ve waited and nothing.  It can’t be that hard to send one to the uk.  I’m now considering handing the car back and asking for my money back.  You don’t expect such poor service when you’ve spent almost £30.000 on a car.  Skoda has clearly gone down in the customer service department.  And my dealer is about as much use as well I won’t say.  How can they distribute and sell vehicles with no spare parts! I know it’s a new model but come on, a windscreen is quite an integral part you kind of need.  Anyone else think Skoda have now lost the plot. My last Skoda I had great service and that’s why I chose them again.  My mistake I guess.

• Like 2

This is truly shocking. I presume your windscreen is cracked - what if it was completely shattered, blown out, whatever, and you could not use the car at all? Would they let you be car-less for 3 months? If they had to let you have a loaner for this time, they may have speeded things up a bit.

Disgrace really.

10 hours ago, Madasaskaven said:

I’m now considering handing the car back and asking for my money back

If you haven't already done so, surely got to be worth saying this, in person, quite loudly, to a Skoda person in a busy, Saturday morning, showroom?

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1

A few days after picking up my car at the end of April, I had a problem with the aircon / heating / cooling not working well after a loud crack, turned out it was the recirculating flap motor had broken. Car was fixed 4th June (dashboard, centre consol removed and refitted about 6 hours labour).

However I was told Skoda insist that the bolts MUST be replaced even though it is perfectly safe. Guess what the bolts are not listed in the parts manual and i'm still waiting.

Will wait until 1st service and remind them then it's a pity Skoda cannot get there a..e in gear after building a really good car.

It had to be Said somewhere, so here it is:

There seems to be a problem With Skoda UK and UK Skoda dealers, which I cannot recognize here in Denmark. Although no direct experienced in the rest of EU, there also does not seem  to be  a similar problem in Germany from reading the german fora. One must assume this is a particular UK phenomenon, and not a Skoda characteristic.

In Slovenia, authorized Skoda garages receive OEM parts overnight from a central warehouse in Austria. Works great. Never had a problem with parts for my Octavia. On the other hand, I've never had a model as completely new as Karoq now is. This could make a difference.

Edited by agedbriar

Although I have a Kodiaq I have waited 9 weeks for replacement glove box which was broken on delivery. I also fear windscreen issues as I believe the wait is just as Iong for the Kodiaq. I totally agree, that although, the glove box I've been able to live with but a windscreen is very different. I hope they rectify your issue soon. 

Fortunately after 19,000 miles in our current Karoq and Octavia they have been totally reliable and haven't seen the Skoda dealer that supplied both cars since collection dates. Mine is telling me the first service is due in another 6,000 miles (at 18,600 miles) and wife's car needs servicing in another 12,000 miles (at18,800 miles). They have both used a very small amont of oil to date and are exceeding our fuel consumption expectations. Purely for a bit of balance against the above bad luck/poor Skoda UK/Dealers responses.:D

Edited by shyVRS245
SPELLING MISTAKE
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Fortunately after 19,000 miles in our current Karoq and Octavia they have been totally reliable and haven't seen the Skoda dealer that supplied both cars since collection dates. Mine is telling me the first service is due in another 6,000 miles (at 18,600 miles) and wife's car needs servicing in another 12,000 miles (at18,800 miles). They have both used a very small amont of oil to date and are exceeding our fuel consumption expectations. Purely for a bit of balance against the above bad luck/poor Skoda UK/Dealers responses.:D

I suspect that we have the same Skoda dealer?  After 2 Octavias, one Superb, one Rapid and one Kodiaq I have had excellent service since 2003.  Once you find a good dealer/service agent you stay with them!

21 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

Biggest problem I have had with my dealer is them phoning me to book my car in for a service (this morning) when my lease finished in March and I had a new car from THEM !!

SNAP, I can't get my dealer to recognose that the Rapid is my wife's car, they keep sending service reminders addressed to me, AND they keep sending me reminders fpr the Fabia we got rid of 3 years ago.

My general impressions after a week of driving is that the Karoq is excellent.

I have two small niggles and these are:

• The dashboard and door trims should scuffs very easily
  • The doors have two opening positions, the first is fine but then the doors extend fully out and I've nearly hit adjacent cars already when a gust of wind has taken the door.

I understand this is being addressed in the 2019 spec as they have a middle position included in a 3-position door strut. Wonder is they can replace the old ones?

On 17/08/2018 at 22:20, Madasaskaven said:

Well I’ve said it.  I rang the dealers again today about my windscreen that’s due to be sorted under warranty.  3 months I’ve waited and nothing. 

I fully acknowledge you shouldn't have to do this, but.... have you tried another dealer?

^^^ You were lied to by someone.  Your warranty is with Skoda UK, not a Dealership, any Approved Repairer / Dealership can deal with your Warranty Claim.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

I would send a message, get a return call tomorrow, get a handler / communications manager and tell them the story, 

telling them the Dealership you are dealing with and the one that gave duff information to you.

They can get it resolved, they need to.  

Edited by Offski
  • Like 2

The dealer rang today.  My windscreen has arrived.  It’s getting fitted next Tuesday.  The issue was marks on the screen which appear to be on the inside and can’t be polished out. And trust me I’ve tried has had the dealer. Glad it’s getting done but I’m not happy how long it’s taken to resolve the issue.  Since it’s been there since I picked up my car in April. 

On 22/08/2018 at 16:34, JeremyWilliams said:
  • The doors have two opening positions, the first is fine but then the doors extend fully out and I've nearly hit adjacent cars already when a gust of wind has taken the door.

I understand this is being addressed in the 2019 spec as they have a middle position included in a 3-position door strut. Wonder is they can replace the old ones?

I've found this to be a problem when we have a driveway that just about fits 3 cars side by side, the first opening position give just enough space to get in the car, no chance of getting to the second position :dry: