What have you done to your Superb III today?

9 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Maybe you meant to write "in preparation for my stage upgrade" ? :tongueout:  Just curious about this as the centre res is not a bottleneck at least until 420-430bhp of mild hybrids, which are above a 380-400bhp stage 2 anyway. Roscio's big turbo is a different story of-course.

I'd love some comparison data (times more than bhp actually) for a stage 1 > stage 2 switch...   Not that there are any stage 2 tunes available for my 272 yet though :crying:

Maybe you meant to write "in preparation for my stage upgrade" ? :tongueout: 

As much as i'd love to, I can't go there. I tow a caravan, so I can't be hanging around at the bottom end waiting for a big turbo to spin up.

Just curious about this as the centre res is not a bottleneck at least until 420-430bhp of mild hybrids, which are above a 380-400bhp stage 2 anyway.

I want a freer flowing exhaust as possible - Plus I like it loud.

I'd love some comparison data (times more than bhp actually) for a stage 1 > stage 2 switch... 

I've heard 2nd hand that my motor is close to 400hp as it is. A facebook friend of mine is close to the guys that tuned it.

I can't be looking at draggy times, as I need to concentrate on my van not being torn off when booting it :)

Not that there are any stage 2 tunes available for my 272 yet though :crying:

Should have got yourself a 280 instead :tongueout: :)

Sorry Roscio - no photo's...…….. yet ;)

19 minutes ago, Bigeater said:

As much as i'd love to, I can't go there. I tow a caravan, so I can't be hanging around at the bottom end waiting for a big turbo to spin up.

I want a freer flowing exhaust as possible - Plus I like it loud.

Should have got yourself a 280 instead :tongueout: :)

Not an issue at all with most LM turbos up to 500bhp, they feature basically stock IS38 spool when you look at their dyno graphs, just go ahead with one!  :tongueout:     There's even a 440bhp LM IS20 hybrid on offer which spools even faster than a stock 280 IS38 :D

For the sound I can understand it but wouldn't it be better to just upgrade your cat-back for that purpose? Much more pronounced effect than the mid-res upgrade.

Nah, I wouldn't be without my virtual cockpit and DSG7 :biggrin:  In fact the cockpit has spoiled me to the extent I can't even consider any older analog dial dash car any more :whew:

Just need to wait for REVO to sign off their stage 2 map... Supposedly they've been on this for some time now (sigh)

PS. Do you mean that you actually tow all the time?

Edited by newbie69

5 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Not an issue at all with most LM turbos up to 500bhp, they feature basically stock IS38 spool when you look at their dyno graphs, just go ahead with one!  :tongueout:     There's even a 440bhp LM IS20 hybrid on offer which spools even faster than a stock 280 IS38 :D

For the sound I can understand it but wouldn't it be better to just upgrade your cat-back for that purpose? Much more pronounced effect than the mid-res upgrade.

Nah, I wouldn't be without my virtual cockpit and DSG7 :biggrin:  In fact the cockpit has spoiled me to the extent I can't even consider any older analog dial dash car any more :whew:

Just need to wait for REVO to sign off their stage 2 map... Supposedly they've been on this for some time now (sigh)

PS. Do you mean that you actually tow all the time?

Stop putting tuning idea's in my head, you'll give me more sleepless nights :)

I'm booked in next week for the stg2 flash. I've already got the quote for the milltek downpipe (fitted) as the apr one is N/A, and TVS upgrade has already been mentioned.

I've got the idea of fitting golf r estate scorpion back boxes, but I prefer the sound of the remus ones  for the r estate, but it seems you can't get these without buying a full system. Stuff that - have you seen how much it costs!

I look forward to seeing your stage 2 results.

Towing is only a part time thing - caravan weekends, holidays etc etc.

Today I've replaced the park tickets retainer on the windscreen. Indeed, it had been broken (and glued to hide the mistake 🤬) upon windscreen replacement several months ago.

A good opportunity to write a "How to..." thread to explain the way to:

- remove the A-pillar trim panel

- replace the park tickets retainer.

;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fitted new steering wheel

New 280 4x4 owner but didn’t have paddles. Ordered a wheel with paddles from a German seller on eBay and fitted today. Now have paddles and no coding required!

took about 20 mins. Works perfectly!

Edited by ashrobinson
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, MICKSVRS said:

Eibach Pro Kit fitted in the last hour so I suspect the car will drop another couple of mills. 

on first impressions, I’m really happy with the results!

4B7F0A15-4132-4368-ADDC-B6482B32AB7F.jpeg

038DF8AB-A998-49AD-8EEB-15B11F213FD8.jpeg

I will probably change all badges for black, black/moon white.  

Remap is booked for middle of next month. 

11 hours ago, MICKSVRS said:

I will probably change all badges for black, black/moon white.  

Remap is booked for middle of next month. 

Badges ordered from Superskoda.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2020 at 20:37, MICKSVRS said:

Badges ordered from Superskoda.

I know how it works with the other two but how do you remove the bonnet and boot Skoda emblems, is it heat and fishing line/dental floss as well?

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-limousine-rear-roof-spoiler-RS-PLUS-V2-with-Ribs

has anyone fit one of these?

do they need painting??

sorry I have different things going on in my head 🤪

Sky blue painted callipers!!  Hmmmm

On 08/09/2020 at 22:17, MICKSVRS said:

I know how it works with the other two but how do you remove the bonnet and boot Skoda emblems, is it heat and fishing line/dental floss as well?

Yeah but it's not as easy, floss wasn't really up to the job, I ended up breaking mine to get it off which left a lot of adhesive that needed cleaning off. 

On 05/09/2020 at 12:10, MICKSVRS said:

Eibach Pro Kit fitted in the last hour so I suspect the car will drop another couple of mills. 

on first impressions, I’m really happy with the results!

Is that a spring kit or full coil over? 

2 minutes ago, Mexico75 said:

Is that a spring kit or full coil over? 

It’s an Eibach spring kit plus Eibach spacers. 

D61BD36B-74D7-46A1-9D69-9EF31030E7F9.jpeg

4A5FB9C5-CF8A-4BF7-9FA3-F881FE6D4439.jpeg

• Like 1

Just cleaned inside and out including glass. 

The Superb logo on the front mats is still grubby, soap and water won’t really shift it, does anyone have any ideas?

89352321-8223-4515-AFB4-091E2E6CC020.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mexico75 said:

Cool, after some spacers for mine. What size did you get and where from if you don't mind me asking? 

After doing a search (and by chance) I came across and Eibach agent in Poland that was cheaper and quicker than the one English Eibach agent I tried. 

I’ll look for the link. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

After doing a search (and by chance) I came across and Eibach agent in Poland that was cheaper and quicker than the one English Eibach agent I tried. 

I’ll look for the link. 

Thanks bud 👍 are they 20mm?

Edited by Mexico75

8 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

I’ll look for the link. 

rallyshop.pl

20mm front and back👍

Edited by MICKSVRS
  • Like 1

I have to bring swmbo to the shops so apologies for being short. 

that’s not the original shop, but it’s definitely the last link that the buyer is lead to. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

Just cleaned inside and out including glass. 

The Superb logo on the front mats is still grubby, soap and water won’t really shift it, does anyone have any ideas?

89352321-8223-4515-AFB4-091E2E6CC020.jpeg

Try some APC with a drill fitted carpet brush and if needed steam it first if you can. 

B1B2BF86-160A-4C5E-BA5A-0A85320B6D68.jpeg