What have you done to your Superb III today?

Replaced cabin filter, I think this is the first time it has been replaced in its 20k mile life. Manky...

Replaced air filter, cleaned up some foreign objects blocking the turning vanes in the intake. Probably gained 5hp now... Lol

IMG_12092020_123951_(1400_x_1200_pixel).jpg

IMG_12092020_123859_(1080_x_1200_pixel).jpg

IMG_12092020_123833_(1080_x_900_pixel).jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UndertheRadar said:

Try some APC with a drill fitted carpet brush and if needed steam it first if you can. 

B1B2BF86-160A-4C5E-BA5A-0A85320B6D68.jpeg

What’s APC?

23 minutes ago, MICKSVRS said:

What’s APC?

I use this one as it’s cheaper to buy in the long run, but there are many different ones from the likes of meguiars or valet pro etc as well. 

C2E3E733-DEA9-435C-B0B0-A3B2EA8B0C32.jpeg
just realised you can’t tell, but that’s a 20 litre drum. Makes the above easier to understand. 

Edited by UndertheRadar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

I use this one as it’s cheaper to buy in the long run, but there are many different ones from the likes of meguiars or valet pro etc as well. 

C2E3E733-DEA9-435C-B0B0-A3B2EA8B0C32.jpeg
just realised you can’t tell, but that’s a 20 litre drum. Makes the above easier to understand. 

Thanks for that 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mexico75 said:

This, replace the missing accelerator pedal cover. Which is a job I never want to have to do again

IMG_20200912_153153.jpg

Well done 👍

If you ever happen to do it on a future car, slip some washing up liquid on the underside and it slides on much more easily.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, boydeee said:

Well done 👍

If you ever happen to do it on a future car, slip some washing up liquid on the underside and it slides on much more easily.

After dicking around with it for what seemed like hours I ended up cutting a chamfer on the lip and it snapped straight on, didn't want to cut it as it was OEM, but needs must lol

20 minutes ago, Mexico75 said:

After dicking around with it for what seemed like hours I ended up cutting a chamfer on the lip and it snapped straight on, didn't want to cut it as it was OEM, but needs must lol

Needs must indeed! I spent ages doing it on a previous car and then tried lubing her up this time for the Superb 😉 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2020 at 20:44, newbie69 said:

Sure, it's just gonna take a few months before I attempt this so stick around till next year please just in case :D

Regarding brake fluid, I plan on putting together a better/bigger brake kit for my 272 soon. I am in the process of finalizing the components (actually I'll open a thread for input, never hurts) and I have questions regarding the bleeding process of the brakes. Might PM you then!

@newbie69 Hi, coming back to this discussion:

I've released the tutorial for brake fluid change: Enjoy! ;) 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2020 at 15:56, Mexico75 said:

This, replace the missing accelerator pedal cover. Which is a job I never want to have to do again

IMG_20200912_153153.jpg

The technique I employed when fitting mine was to gradually increase the vulgarity of the swear words I aimed at it until it gave in.

Eventually worked although the neighbours did get an ASBO served on me 😁

• Haha 4

On 12/09/2020 at 18:10, thousandsons said:
Gloss Metallic Chameleon Purple Blue wrap using Teckwrap USA .

The metallic chameleon finish brings out the muscular lines of the Superb and accentuates the side profile spectacularly as well.

oatiQKf.jpg

cqYzn0E.jpg

K5NSspt.jpg

qv0tQ7r.jpg

Love that.   Chromaflair always reminds me of one of my primeras 

Yes. Does look stunning. Takes it out of 'sleeper' for me though. Primera, forgotten about them, I was thinking TVR. Either way i imagine wrap will be cheaper to redo than the paint on either.

Busy week this week, car has been in the workshop again today for some more work....theirs numerous threads regards retrofit of the rear view camera but i wasn't confident enough to buy the kit and give it a go myself like some have so i took it to a local guy and in under 2 hours i was on my way home and another box ticked 

received_1270335693305494.jpeg

received_3235584449811983.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lowey said:

cost me £380 inc 

Good price. I bought mine from TPS, fitted it myself, and got Skoda to code and calibrate. Cost me about £350 all in. Plus the best part of a day of agro for me and a mate! (Having not done it before it took a lot longer than it should have. Learning how to to overcome problems etc). 

You definitely made the right decision. £30 for no agro!

• Like 2

On 12/09/2020 at 11:12, Mexico75 said:

Yeah but it's not as easy, floss wasn't really up to the job, I ended up breaking mine to get it off which left a lot of adhesive that needed cleaning off. 

There’s not a chance in China that dental floss (with a heat gun) will get the new emblems off. Plus you were spot on with the amount of adhesive left behind. 

only managed the bonnet as it was getting dark but will do the rest tomorrow evening. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MICKSVRS said:

There’s not a chance in China that dental floss (with a heat gun) will get the new emblems off. Plus you were spot on with the amount of adhesive left behind. 

only managed the bonnet as it was getting dark but will do the rest tomorrow evening. 

Okay, I'll definitely do those badges tomorrow morning.

Had a sh1te day that started with a kerb.....

• Sad 2