Trevorb33’s Fantasygreen Fabia 1.8t build take 2

TrevorB33

Rear suspension and calipers swapped over today and fitted the Fabia stuff back to the Ibiza so I can keep it rolling. 

Managed to get one front stripped down on the Ibiza before the heavens opened. 

Fitted the new top mount to that one. 

Hopefully get the fronts fitted tomorrow and brakes bled so it’s usable again.

The second hand Boot carpet fitted back in too with the side trims. And fitted the front tweeters. And tidied the wiring in the doors

69FFF6A4-FDF7-4253-8A1E-A807A11A5A5C.jpeg

11179C46-8CB5-4F9D-8968-43540D5E9B09.jpeg

7D52E06E-98C3-40B9-986C-78AFB751B777.jpeg

• Like 3

On 26/11/2018 at 18:06, Paul thornton said:

Nice work Trevor. I'm guessing this one is going to be more of a fast road / occasional track day car rather than a full on track car like the last one?

I was using it as a daily for a while :D 

1 hour ago, AJ7788 said:

Nice work Trev. Looking forward to having 2 fgf's out on track :biggrin: just imagine how much @pip_vrs will like that :D

On track its fine as the worse it looks the better comedy value it is. I couldn't live with FG daily :sick::D:D

Edited by pip_vrs

6 hours ago, Paul thornton said:

Nice find. That front grill looks massive all black!

Is it plastidip or paint?

Its been wrapped I’ve been meaning to see what colour it is underneath although I presume not green. It’s on the list of bits that need attention :biggrin:

Found some v maxx coilovers for a decent price, rear shocks were shot, and rear adjusters missing. I’ll see how it sits at the rear without them. I used to run my old Fabia vrs with no rear adjusters in and it wasn’t too low still. I’ll keep the st rear shocks in as there be pretty close to the damping off the v maxx’s.

hoping to get something done front brake wise too probably 312 conversion when getting the struts off again 

20166825-1CD3-43CC-9E96-54DE22A7860C.jpeg

• Like 1

Front brakes have arrived, should get the front built up and fitted with the fr hubs and coilovers, found some r32 334mm twin pots actually off a v6 tt so silver instead of blue for decent money, and now discs arnt as stupid a price as they used to be I’ll quite happily run them. 

2BF5C4EB-6262-4288-9020-A97099D47A45.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Paul thornton said:

Looks a million times better on the coilovers. Amazing what a few extra mm can do lol!

I wait in anticipation for you to sort that grill out.

Indeed that grill haha, I’ve got vrs bumpers too that I don’t know if I want them on or not  

On 14/12/2018 at 19:42, Lofty said:

Ride height looks spot on Trevor.

I’d go with the vRS bumpers tbh as it makes it stand out just that little bit more, especially as it’s an unusual non-vRS colour

Yeah I think I will as the exhaust will then fit straight on the rear vrs too with it’s nice oem looking twin tip I’ve not long brought for the piper system 

Well she died lol, been having niggles with clutch/box, finally lost fifth completely on way home the other night and every gear a horrible crunching constant grinding noise that was extremely loud, it was very painful limping back :crying:

looks like the conversion starts now then B)

• Like 2