MY2019 vRS orders who's got what coming?

I can help with tips if I can, had mine new since Nov 6th only. VCDS I don't have, I'm potentially interested myself but VWFS own my car so sadly 100% standard it will stay.

1 minute ago, Scotty72 said:

I can help with tips if I can, had mine new since Nov 6th only. VCDS I don't have, I'm potentially interested myself but VWFS own my car so sadly 100% standard it will stay.

I have sold my E63 but decided to finance mine as well, but it will not be staying standard ha ha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris245 said:

I have sold my E63 but decided to finance mine as well, but it will not be staying standard ha ha

Mines a rental lol i never will own it.. I'll give it back and get something else in around 23 months time

A whole lot is different. The MY19 245 replaces the MY18 230 spec for spec. The MY18 245 replaces the MY17 230 and has the 19 inch black Xtreme’s, folding mirrors, heated power seats black pack as standard etc etc. Lots of toys that are extra on other models. Also the MY19 has a GPF which the MY18 doesn’t have.

1 minute ago, Chris245 said:

Whats the difference between MY19 and MY18? As far as I can tell, nothing!?!?

You get different seats, pimping 19s other cosmetics, some other options standard like folding mirrors and parking sensors at the front. Engine, running gear vaq diff, 7 speed dsg, brakes all the same

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

A whole lot is different. The MY19 245 replaces the MY18 230 spec for spec. The MY18 245 replaces the MY17 230 and has the 19 inch black Xtreme’s, folding mirrors, heated power seats black pack as standard etc etc. Lots of toys that are extra on other models. Also the MY19 has a GPF which the MY18 doesn’t have.

Ahh I see, so the MY18 245 Special Edition is  pretty much the best one available then given all the options etc?

Mine is the special edition and hammering it around on the test drive, you can tell the handling difference with the LSD.

Yes, it’s certainly the highest standard spec :) Tbf, the standard XDS diff isn’t bad, but the VAQ diff is better. You can alter the diff settings with VCDS. Verrrrrry nice! You got quite a bit over the 230 but the MY18 245 only came in a few colours. If you wanted Blue or Green you had to have a 230. Not so anymore.

7 minutes ago, Chris245 said:

Ahh I see, so the MY18 245 Special Edition is  pretty much the best one available then given all the options etc?

Mine is the special edition and hammering it around on the test drive, you can tell the handling difference with the LSD.

Mine could have been spec'd very close but not quite identical to yours.. However on PCH no chance, get stung for full  option price across the rental period.

Also I'd still be waiting for it.. Lol rather then hijacking a factory order slot and getting it pretty dam quick. For me the brand new car thing wins over some missing toys :)

Edited by Scotty72
Missing info

9 hours ago, Chris245 said:

Scotty72 and Themanwithnoaim...........new VRS owner (on Friday) here in Aldershot, would be good for any tips and or upgrade if either of you have VCDS?

Sorry I don't have VCDS myself but, I can recommend the Traffic Sign Recognition, High Beam Assist, teardrop wipers & some other bits n pieces I've had so long I have to think what's not standard.

I've got the MY18 vRS 245 the same as yours, due to warranty I've only tweaked it with a removable tuningbox, Pedalbox & a TCU flash for the DSG.

The standout feature of the MY18 245 is the seats, so supportive, so comfortable in Alcantara & a lumbar support you can actually get to stay exactly where you want it, makes driving a pleasure even when pottling around with the family

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Sorry I don't have VCDS myself but, I can recommend the Traffic Sign Recognition, High Beam Assist, teardrop wipers & some other bits n pieces I've had so long I have to think what's not standard.

I've got the MY18 vRS 245 the same as yours, due to warranty I've only tweaked it with a removable tuningbox, Pedalbox & a TCU flash for the DSG.

From driving the car, it has Traffic Sign Recognition & High Beam Assist a;ready activated but would be interesting to see what else can be switched on.

I'm gonna be looking at a remap , filter & exhaust, but intrigued by a tuning box (who do they work and perform againint a std map? Also what the Pedalbox and I guss the TCU flash for teh DSGis to make the gearbox change quicker and smoother etc? 

1 hour ago, Chris245 said:

From driving the car, it has Traffic Sign Recognition & High Beam Assist a;ready activated but would be interesting to see what else can be switched on.

I'm gonna be looking at a remap , filter & exhaust, but intrigued by a tuning box (who do they work and perform againint a std map? Also what the Pedalbox and I guss the TCU flash for teh DSGis to make the gearbox change quicker and smoother etc? 

Personally if you will ultimately own the car go look at Revo or AmD.. get them to map the ECU and TCU. Tuning box serves one purpose.. its removable. Various discussions on the traces it may or may not leave for warranty/non ownership anti mod purposes. I can't go (for my own piece of mind) near any of this for obvious reasons.

Edited by Scotty72

+1 for the Revo remap, I think SSR in Farnborough do them too if not, JKM in Portsmouth defiantly do. That's where in South East Central meets do their rolling road days, one of the guys got had 307bhp outta his Mk3pfl 230 so you should expect around 320bhp.

The TCU is great, faster, smoother & just oh Fn yeah, its gotta be down if you want the best from a dsg

Picking up my Quartz Grey manual 245 estate this Saturday, really looking forward to it. Will be good to get back to a fun car with all the practicality the Octavia has. Only added option was the spare wheel, I would of liked more toys but didn't want to wait for a factory order. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoops85 said:

Picking up my Quartz Grey manual 245 estate this Saturday, really looking forward to it. Will be good to get back to a fun car with all the practicality the Octavia has. Only added option was the spare wheel, I would of liked more toys but didn't want to wait for a factory order. 

Same deal for mine, just the spare wheel otherwise I'd have been waiting way past early nov to get my 245 dsg corrida red hatchback

11 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

+1 for the Revo remap, I think SSR in Farnborough do them too if not, JKM in Portsmouth defiantly do. That's where in South East Central meets do their rolling road days, one of the guys got had 307bhp outta his Mk3pfl 230 so you should expect around 320bhp.

The TCU is great, faster, smoother & just oh Fn yeah, its gotta be down if you want the best from a dsg

Perfect and thanks for that. Who are SSR in Farnborough? What about The Phirm in Blackwater? They seem to do APR maps.

4 hours ago, Chris245 said:

Perfect and thanks for that. Who are SSR in Farnborough? What about The Phirm in Blackwater? They seem to do APR maps.

Surrey Rolling Road, Invincible Rd next turning after the Ford garage, the Phirm are really good though I thought they were in Hartly Whitney. APR have a way up there remap although they have few turbo failures in the early days with the EA888 engine