ECE 2019/2020 maps are now available on the Skoda Update Portal

8 minutes ago, Portos said:

Hi everybody,

Is there definitely no solution to combine (merge) multiple 2019/2020 maps on the SD card ?
In my case, how can I travel between Belgium, Italy and Spain in these conditions ?
Should I change my car ... or just keep my old 2018/2019 maps update ?

Buy a cheap genuine Skoda SD card off eBay and put the other set of maps onto that?

2 hours ago, Pottermaus said:

So am i right in thinking that my VRS should have a sd card ? And I download an update on the pc onto the SD ? All new to me this so would appreciate some help please

Standard Amundsen, should have an SD Card (Skoda branded) with the car that contains the maps - download latest version to PC and copy to that SD Card

If you have a Columbus, download maps to any SD Card, insert and upgrade the maps which are stored on the internal Hard Drive.

If you Amundsen didn't come with the card, you will need to buy one - only genuine cards work, but they are a lot cheaper on Ebay than direct from dealers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pottermaus said:

So am i right in thinking that my VRS should have a sd card ? And I download an update on the pc onto the SD ? All new to me this so would appreciate some help please

But can you trust them to work though.

On 13/03/2019 at 16:41, Portos said:

Hi everybody,

Is there definitely no solution to combine (merge) multiple 2019/2020 maps on the SD card ?
In my case, how can I travel between Belgium, Italy and Spain in these conditions ?
Should I change my car ... or just keep my old 2018/2019 maps update ?

I have reverted back to 2018/19 for my recent trip to France and don't intend putting fragmented one.

There _is_ enough space on the card to combine, I have tried, but it doesn't work. It sees only the last package you put on card, as it overwrites some already existing files. Idiots obviously named them all same for each package. 

edit:

this is listed in the top for the maps:

The SD card can work with just one map. To avoid unnecessary downloading, please check your map version in your navigation system.

Edited by nidza

You'd be better off using Google Maps or getting a separate PND from Garmin or TomTom.

As I asked in a different thread does it work with two separate cards with two different zones?

Edited by TheWanderer

9 minutes ago, Neilmitch said:

Is there an option to add safety camera to the maps 

You can add them as POIs. There's a couple of threads detailing one how to do it, but it's just as easy to get a subscription from pocketgpsworld and add them to a cheap Garmin or TomTom.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Can we use VW Maps?

I've been to their Sat Nav Update site and they still seem to provide the full EU mapping. 

I'm using the 2019 VW maps on my MIB1 Amundsen.

• Thanks 1

On 18/03/2019 at 11:04, nidza said:

I have reverted back to 2018/19 for my recent trip to France and don't intend putting fragmented one.

There _is_ enough space on the card to combine, I have tried, but it doesn't work. It sees only the last package you put on card, as it overwrites some already existing files. Idiots obviously named them all same for each package. 

edit:

this is listed in the top for the maps:

The SD card can work with just one map. To avoid unnecessary downloading, please check your map version in your navigation system.

FYI, they have later released a compiled version for one of the packages that includes all the maps like before - I am using it on my Seat and it works fine.

I think I downloaded it from the VW portal, but I am not sure...

Edited by Jaco2k
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, nidza said:

@Jaco2k, thanks. Indeed crossed my mind to search on VW portal, as the packages should be interchangeable. 

Here's the link: http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1115_V10.7z

I've just loaded this to my Amundsen and it seems to work (haven't tested it extensively but it loads and shows in the car).

• Thanks 3

Here's the link: http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1115_V10.7z

I've just loaded this to my Amundsen and it seems to work (haven't tested it extensively but it loads and shows in the car).

Hi Zid2000,

Thanks for your archive... but there is no "xxxxx.md5sum.txt" file at the root in this archive. It is not a mandatory file ? All run without this file ?

17 minutes ago, Portos said:

Hi Zid2000,

Thanks for your archive... but there is no "xxxxx.md5sum.txt" file at the root in this archive. It is not a mandatory file ? All run without this file ?

It doesn't seem to be used by the system. The system has successfully verified that SD card contains the map data and loaded and displayed it on the screen. That's the extent of testing I did last night (it was in garage after midnight :)). But since I know what md5sum is, if they used it, they would do it on initial verification so I don't expect further problems.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I can confirm that Zid's maps do work with my system without issue. :happy: :thumbup:

I can now confirm as well as I had to take the kid to practice (5 min ride) but set the navigation as if I'm driving to Berlin (I previously had ECE 7 without Germany). There was a lot of "recalculating". :)

10 hours ago, hatchy said:

Is this vw maps file for all systems or just Amundsen?

To be honest, I have no idea. I went here to what looks as VW update portal and tried to identify which VW infotainment is the most similar to Amundsen I have in my Superb MY19 and ended up concluding it’s Discover Media on Passat 2017 so I gave it a try and it worked. Don’t have time for further research, sorry.