ECE 2019/2020 maps are now available on the Skoda Update Portal

21 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Hi,

Just a question to prepare a map update on my father's O3 MY2018, Amundsen equipped.

The original SD card is a 16 Gb one.

The new ECE A1 2020 map needs a 32 Gb SD card. Will the Amudsen on MY2018 be able to read a bigger card?

Thanks for your help!

;) 

The latest file from VW is still only 13.5GB/14GB or SO (not at my PC so can't double check), the 16GB is fine. 

The SD card has to be a Skoda card. Have tried non Skoda card and it doesn’t work. If you only have a 16GB card, try it and if it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t fit, use a smaller map package or obtain a 32 GB Skoda card. 

5 hours ago, sgt1297 said:

The SD card has to be a Skoda card. Have tried non Skoda card and it doesn’t work. If you only have a 16GB card, try it and if it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t fit, use a smaller map package or obtain a 32 GB Skoda card. 

Before you shell out for a 32GB Skoda SD card try reformatting the 16GB Skoda SD card to FAT32 BUT select a cluster size of 2KB. That makes the many small files waste less space of the SD card, and can help make all the files fit.

Have just been doing the downloads to update sat nav. 

Tried downloading to SD card but it says not enough space even after formatting. 

The card says Europe 1 CW22 2016. Does anyone, with the knowledge no what GB this is? 

I read a couple of posts, does it look like i need a 32GB card for the latest updates? 

14 minutes ago, NZ100 said:

Have just been doing the downloads to update sat nav. 

Tried downloading to SD card but it says not enough space even after formatting. 

The card says Europe 1 CW22 2016. Does anyone, with the knowledge no what GB this is? 

I read a couple of posts, does it look like i need a 32GB card for the latest updates? 

See above. 

If you look at the properties of the card in your computer it will give you the card capacity.

The Skoda update portal gives a number of map options, several of them are suitable for installing onto a 16GB card.

The latest Skoda A1 package Full Europe, as well as the VW one both fit onto the 16GB Skoda SD card. Did both installs this month, after learning here (thanks all) that the “latest” Skoda offer are the previous package that VW has. 
SD card is formatted FAT32 but I did not bother to set anything else for the cluster size, so it may be the standard value. 
As far as I recall, Skoda package had 13.4 GB while the VW’s is approx 1 GB larger. 
Procedure is : download onto computer, unzip, insert card, quick format it (before can copy the card to another location for backup) and then copy from computer to card. 

Went back to beginning to check everything was set correctly after reading a few more posts. 

Re formatted sd card, this time it came up with, download 14.8, space on card 14.8. Pressed go, it said, now loading 6550 items. 

About 30mins later, all done, just got to try it in the car, it was late when it finished. 🙄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I use the update portal my VIN only gives one option of maps for my November 2017 Columbus and it is all of Europe. If I can access the smaller files, for the UK only, if possible, will they work with my Columbus?

• 1 month later...

Just bought a 2017 Octavia vRS and trying to update the maps to current ECE 1 2020, also tried ECE1 2018/2019 Downloaded the map/s, but every time I try to unpack using WinRAR, I get and error "Unexpected end of archive". I've also used the "downloader.exe" utility, which downloads and unpacks. Tried this with both an SD card & a USB stick. Tried updating from the car but it gives me an error every time. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. 

Try to unpack it with WinRAR to a folder on a hard drive, maybe it is something SD/USB related? 

Could be that you don't have enough free space on a disk partition it is temporarily decompressing the file prior to copying it to the SD card (usually archiving applications do like this, first unpack locally, then copy).

What is the current situation?

I downloaded the a map from this thread some months ago but never got around to install it.

Remember it was somewhat smaller than 32 gb.

When i try to download the link from the first page it's just ~6gb. Can't find the old download.

I have the columbus system, superb 2014. Never understood what the mib1 or 2 or whatever they're called are.

I finally got this issue resolved. I downloaded the latest version of WinZip (21 day free trial). This unpacked without error to my desktop. I backed up the maps folder on the (Skoda) SD card to desktop then deleted the folder from the card. Copied the unpacked maps to SD card and everything working fine. I hope this may help others with the same issue, but feel free to message me.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, nidza said:

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

Enter your VIN here, and it will provide you possible download options.

Problem is that my car is not supported there. Too old (2014).

Because of that I will not get any download link.

But it is suggested in this thread that it is possible to update the maps anyway, only then I need the direct link for download.

That is the link I'm asking for.

The direct download link for the latest Europe map for Columbus system.