What really annoys me on the Yeti

Zednine

No matter how hard I try the door sills always get dirty and gets on our legs getting in or out. 

Bloody annoying. I had many X-Trails and the doors came low enough to cover the sills. Much better design.

Anything else gets your goat?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zednine said:

No matter how hard I try the door sills always get dirty and gets on our legs getting in or out. 

Bloody annoying. I had many X-Trails and the doors came low enough to cover the sills. Much better design.

The fact the Yeti is such a bloody good car really gets on my nerves 

• Like 1

Three gripes:

1) Seat cushion is too soft for me.  The front section of the squab presses into the underside of my thighs, while the raised section at the rear presses into my coccyx.

2) Poor lumbar support.  Adjustable lumbar support was only available on SEL models and above, which made it an expensive option.

3) Position of rear view mirror.  Mine is a sensor mirror, so occupies a higher position than non-sensor mirrors.  But the mirror still blocks forward vision if I sit at a height I find comfortable.

I must be of weird shape & size as I find the driving position of most cars a compromise!  Fortunately, I find the Yeti's driving position a better compromise than most.

5 hours ago, Zednine said:

Bloody annoying. I had many X-Trails and the doors came low enough to cover the sills. Much better design.....

I had an idea that this had come up before.  It had, just over six years ago: 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/260222-door-sills-clothes/

It's interesting that several of the posters there (inc me) had owned X-Trails, and that the Yeti's sill design was a major complaint.  

Also a bit nostalgic to look through posts and see the contributors who were prominent in their time but, for whatever reason, are 'no longer with us'.   Hey ho, the years roll by.  

PS Anyone still in touch?

Edited by Brijo
PS
  • Like 1

What annoys me is they stopped making it.

5 hours ago, Robjon said:

Three gripes:

1) Seat cushion is too soft for me.  The front section of the squab presses into the underside of my thighs, while the raised section at the rear presses into my coccyx.

2) Poor lumbar support.  Adjustable lumbar support was only available on SEL models and above, which made it an expensive option.

Robjon, I was lucky and specified the little known about sports seats on my cloth trimmed SE.  I'm 5'8" and 12 1/2 stone with a back problem. The seats are wonderful. I've sat in the car from 3.00am till 6.00pm, driving 650+ miles and felt great.

Colin

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eribaMotters said:

Robjon, I was lucky and specified the little known about sports seats on my cloth trimmed SE.  I'm 5'8" and 12 1/2 stone with a back problem. The seats are wonderful. I've sat in the car from 3.00am till 6.00pm, driving 650+ miles and felt great.

Colin - I had previously test driven a Monte Carlo with sports seats and found them wonderfully comfortable.  Sadly, sports seats were no longer an option when I bagged my Yeti Drive.

Same thing with my two Roomsters.  I found the firmer seats in my Scout wonderfully comfortable, whereas the soggier seats in my SE crippled me.

Note to self: a half-hour test drive is not long enough to test seat comfort.

Rob

Edited by Robjon

Had mine 4 years no issues with the yeti itself and no issue with the sills and if it wasn’t for vag cheating would probably stayed with the brand and got a 1.5 karrott then I would have been annoyed with the kangaroo issues/characteristics.

Still in my 1st year of ownership, so it may come with time but in the dark, the centre dash heating controls are far from intuitive or easily changed without having to glance at them.

1 hour ago, lawnmowerman said:

Heater controls dreadful.       ----- Climate Control, set and forget

Small door mirrors.  ----------------- Really, mine are fine, but only when properly adjusted

How dirty the rear screen gets.  ---- All SUV’s I’ve driven have been the same, but that’s what rear wash/wipe is for.

How easily the diesel stalls. ---------  Petrol DSG so not a problem!

The afterthought ad-blue filler location. ----------  Petrol

Don’t have those problems !!

Edited by Expatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lawnmowerman said:

Heater controls dreadful.  SET BEFORE YOU DRIVE OFF AND THEN IF YOU NEED TO ALTER THEM ONE CLICK IS ONE DEGREE, OR AS SAID YOU USE CLIMATE CONTROL.

Small door mirrors. WELL I'VE MANAGED FOR 7 YEARS AND NEVER FOUND THEM TOO SMALL, HOWEVER WHAT I HAVE FOUND IS TOO MANY OWNERS HAVEN'T ADJUSTED THEM ADEQUATELY.

How dirty the rear screen gets. CAN'T BE STOPPED BECAUSE OF THE AERODYNAMICS OF THE CAR. JUST USE THE REAR WASH WIPE.

How easily the diesel stalls. NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM SINCE THE FIRST COUPLE OF HOURS.

The afterthought ad-blue filler location. CONSIDERING THAT IT ONLY NEEDS FILLING UP ROUGHLY EVERY 5K MILES I REALLY CAN'T SEE THIS IS A PROBLEM.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2019 at 10:53, Zednine said:

Indeed we had an Xtrail and the doors shut over the sills so clothes were protected.

On 19/01/2019 at 13:53, Zednine said:

Fixing rubber gaskets to buttom part of the doors might be a solution.

"Z" types pictured on the above link are fit for this purpose.

Great stuff, I'll go see if i an measure and fit something. 

Yep, I agree with nearly all the above. 

Overall tho a great car. 

I'm honestly trying to remember anything that annoyed me so much that a year later it still lingers.  The only thing that I come up with is the Skoda dealer whose negligence could have killed me - that was a bit annoying.  Other than that, any niggles I may have had have melted in the passing of time leaving only fond memories.

On 19/01/2019 at 12:48, longedge said:

DSG - Hesitant pulling away from junction so that I now err on the side of safety and sometimes sit waiting when in manual gearbox days gone by I would have been long gone.

Yes me too. I think it's down to the 7 gears, always changing up or down. I sometimes whack it into manual and select 2nd, or 3rd depending on speed, so I can be sure I pull away cleanly if I need to.

46 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Try using S mode. It sits assuming you want to accelerate hard and if you turn off stop start it is ready with engine running to pull away quickly without starting engine first.

Yes, and just click into D when on open road.