‘Seats’ on dashboard

Mee

When I first start my car it shows 3 car seats on the dashboard, even if I’m the only person in the car. 

Is this another thing wrong with my car that needs fixing or completely normal?

15 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

It’s a requirement for Euro NCAP, seatbelt monitors on all seats. If someone is in the back and removes a belt the light flashes up with which belt it is and the car bongs. My Citigo has it too.

And if nobody is in the back, it tells me there's an empty seat.  Simply Unclever.

13 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

And if nobody is in the back, it tells me there's an empty seat.  Simply Unclever.

Actually 3 empty seats. Saves having to turn round and shout at passengers, particularly useful for Taxi drivers I would imagine, knowing which of the 3 paying (hopefully) customers is a moron and can't be bothered to obey the law or worse get the driver a nice fine if spotted by PLOD.:cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Actually 3 empty seats. Saves having to turn round and shout at passengers, particularly useful for Taxi drivers I would imagine, knowing which of the 3 paying (hopefully) customers is a moron and can't be bothered to obey the law or worse get the driver a nice fine if spotted by PLOD.:cool:

If the passenger not wearing a seatbelt is an adult, then it's them that will get the fine and not the driver.

22 hours ago, Scot5 said:

Don't you watch movies?

Assassin cannot cut your throat from the backseat in Škoda. Simply clever. 

Joke aside, I control my kids if they have tied themselves, even they are in their childseats (using regular belts).