Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, @Lee said:

You doing the sewage treatment plants for the other new bits then?

I've never been a believer in HS2 but have been providing the odd review input into some elements of phase 1...   So to some degree yes but not the sewage treatment plants no ..

My inputs will increase significantly shortly though as the next stage of development work moves forward on the western leg of phase 2B.  Not ideal given my personal conflict of interest but at least I can be objective and not rose tinted about it in my inputs.

Edited by skomaz
Corrected phase references
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I stayed with friends while househunting a couple of weeks ago, I took the charger for my laptop but not the mains lead, I have mains leads in my properties in each country so am used to packing just the charger, luckily his box of snakes produced exactly what was required.

Just as well as I had forgotten my phone with internet access as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

I stayed with friends while househunting a couple of weeks ago, I took the charger for my laptop but not the mains lead, I have mains leads in my properties in each country so am used to packing just the charger, luckily his box of snakes produced exactly what was required.

Managed the same, JR. My long time best friend's Dad left his charger at work and needed the laptop for working (he has now been set up for working at home), managed to get him a whole HP charger, cable and all. :D

• Like 1

He was lucky as the plug size is bigger than all the others, I bought a universal charger, selectable voltage and a multitude of adaptors, it was supposed to work with my Compaq/HP but none of them were big enough and I had nothing in my box of snakes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He was lucky as the plug size is bigger than all the others, I bought a universal charger, selectable voltage and a multitude of adaptors, it was supposed to work with my Compaq/HP but none of them were big enough and I had nothing in my box of snakes.

I bought a Trust branded universal one for my Dell laptop (now my brother's) as it needed a specific one. It didn't come in the packet but they send you out a free adapter thingy. :)