disguising a vrs

On 21/05/2019 at 12:15, 310golfr said:

i believe 17 inch will fit ok, 16 inch might be pushing it a bit though  😊

17 will fit. For 16s the maximum disk size is 320 mm

I'd leave the calipers unpainted.

Have you though about a good immobilizer?

P.S. Skoda is far from interesting to be stolen, even the vRS model.

Edited by trimata

not sure if the op initial comments were tongue in cheek in getting comments about changing a look of a vrs but really after advice on security etc. to me seems a waste of time getting a vrs to change it etc. thieves will steal if needed anyway and tbh its just a car and is replaceable hence why have insurance.

The badge/brand is the only antitheft device you need in the UK.. looking at that most stolen link posted above says it all. LOL

On 21/05/2019 at 09:47, 310golfr said:

was thinking of buying a new vrs, but dont want any problems with car theft, house break ins etc

want to make the car are real sleeper  😎

my plans are

change wheels to 17 inch and a bit plainer

paint the calipers grey or standard metal colour

remove vrs badges

seat covers to hide vrs seats

new 1.0 tsi badge on rear

exhaust might be a give away though  😅, but maybe people will think it's a zopped up 1.0 tsi

what do ya think,

is it possible to pull it off ?

Just get a 1.0 Tsi, it dosnt have a badge on it that identifies it. You will be surprized how well it performs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not convinced that the mass produced VRS is a hot item ..... as mentioned earlier the thieves are into S3, RS3, Golf R or more distinguished stuff like Defenders to strip for parts - that's what the cop programmes on TV have taught me :giggle:

Realistically if you are concerned about theft look at something like a Ghost immobiliser and a decent steering wheel lock or a lower spec car.

• Like 1

I have had a couple of cars that are theft worthy and too be honest its not something I would buy again, I am collecting my VRS on wednesday and I am glad it has an old fashioned key and no button start, I have recently installed anti snap locks on all my doors at home and have a relatively good alarm, cameras are useless as all you get to see if some idiot taking your car which you knew had happened anyway.  

I think it’s all about the simple visual things just to make your car a less attractive target. 

1. Gates/Good door locks

2. Keep your keys away from the door/front of house

3. Wheel lock 

3. Don’t leave things in it.

4. Park another car behind. 

As I said above Skoda isn’t going to be a target for professional thieves and it’s really too advanced to fall into the bracket or steeling for a joyride ect. Although possibly if your keys are in view from the door/letterbox.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2019 at 14:55, chrisski said:

not sure if the op initial comments were tongue in cheek in getting comments about changing a look of a vrs but really after advice on security etc. to me seems a waste of time getting a vrs to change it etc. thieves will steal if needed anyway and tbh its just a car and is replaceable hence why have insurance.

if you want the 245 engine in the octavia, you have no choice but to  buy the vrs though

its a lot of hassle if car gets stolen/ house gets broken into , plus renewal quotes normally go up even when not your fault

On 23/05/2019 at 14:06, trimata said:

17 will fit. For 16s the maximum disk size is 320 mm

I'd leave the calipers unpainted.

Have you though about a good immobilizer?

P.S. Skoda is far from interesting to be stolen, even the vRS model.

an immobilizer  doesnt stop them from trying, though , but it may stop them from driving away with the car.

just trying to stop thiefs from having a go in the first place, though accept what you say about vrs being  less of a target than say a golf r, bmw etc

I think everyone is missing the secondary point.

Having a 300 bhp car that looks like a 120bhp car will make that 300 bhp more fun.

They're will be a few shocked faces out there when it accelerates away from them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alex-W said:

I think everyone is missing the secondary point.

Having a 300 bhp car that looks like a 120bhp car will make that 300 bhp more fun.

They're will be a few shocked faces out there when it accelerates away from them.

I know that feeling very well as 90% of MK3 Octavia Vrs models are the 181bhp diesel version so other motorists (including a Nissan GTR the other day) assume I must have an oil burner for propulsion.:D

5 hours ago, Loopylil said:

She sounds quite formidable.:sweat:

19 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

I know that feeling very well as 90% of MK3 Octavia Vrs models are the 181bhp diesel version so other motorists (including a Nissan GTR the other day) assume I must have an oil burner for propulsion.:D

I knew that post would interest you! @shyVRS245😉