Virtual cockpit - change default view?

Hello

I'm just wondering if it's possible to change the default layout of the display?

Everytime I start the car it shows the two dials with the map in the center.

I would like to have the single center dial as default, it must be possible?

Edited by matt_black_90

20 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I have the same display but on a different car and it always defaults to whatever was the last setting.

Ok, does the sport dial stay put for you as well?

Or is it like SashaGrace said for you too?

7 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

The Sport dial and night mode won’t stay put for some reason. It defaults back to one of the other views. No idea why and I can’t see anything in the settings that would change that.

Ok, that's wierd.

But now I know it's not just for me.

Will try another setting and see if that one stay for the nest time I start the car.

Thank you both for the replies

32 minutes ago, matt_black_90 said:

Ok, does the sport dial stay put for you as well?

Or is it like SashaGrace said for you too?

Hmmm.

Maybe I haven't left it in that particular screen before? I will change it tonight and see what it shows tomorrow though.

Last Sunday I was out in my 245 with the VC. I had the car in Sport Mode with the VC also in sport view. I went out in the car yesterday and on start up the car was still in sport mode and still displaying the Sport View. I always thought the car reverted to Normal when the engine was switched off.

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Last Sunday I was out in my 245 with the VC. I had the car in Sport Mode with the VC also in sport view. I went out in the car yesterday and on start up the car was still in sport mode and still displaying the Sport View. I always thought the car reverted to Normal when the engine was switched off.

I think earlier cars reverted back to normal mode but not later models.

Will try to leave it in sport mode and with sport view and see if that works.

I usually have it in individual

3 hours ago, BGB said:

The driving mode always goes back to Normal when parked, we got a 2019 build date. But as said, the VC stays where it was. 

My driving mode does not reset to normal, have had it on individual for about a week.

Edit: have a 2019 vrs 245

Edited by matt_black_90

This is actually really annoying me now after a few weeks with my 245. I want the single dial sport mode to be retained as default, but it changes back to the standard 2 dial mode at every start up. VRS mode also changes back to Normal mode on startup.

has anyone been able to work this out? Perhaps via oBDeleven?

No idea how to do it via OBDELEVEN.

Found loads of adaptations but haven't got a clue how or what does what and what the implications of anything are, so leaving it alone.

As it's well known what I think of the implementation of the VC on the RS, it's pretty poor (and that's being polite and stops me getting a ban from here).

Edited by TheWanderer

57 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

As it's well known what I think of the implementation of the VC on the RS, it's pretty poor (and that's being polite and stops me getting a ban from here).

Please elaborate, I love my VC so I’m just curious why some people dont like it. 

22 minutes ago, BGB said:

Please elaborate, I love my VC so I’m just curious why some people dont like it. 

Very poor graphically its low definition compared to other brands. 

Clumsy and clunky interface.

As other's have found it doesn't stay where you left it.

Calibration of speed is poor (you can't easily define the layout of the speedo without VCDS). 

The number of so called  "styles" is actually small.

You should be able to access all of the views without having to use VCDS which is quite a technical thing to use and not for the faint hearted and not easy to understand for the novice like me (I've got it but it's too complicated for me to

understand so it's staying in the box I bought for it.)

My VCD on a 19-plate stays on the display you set it to. I do like it. 

These TFT displays spoil us. I mean they are brilliant really but you know, could be just a bit better if it displayed things just slightly differently. The one on my Triumph is ace and much nicer than having a dial tacho+LCD panel but I still just wish it was a bit different to how it is. The one in my GF's 15-plate Audi is very nice but you only get one display, the classic one, with very few options. 

1 hour ago, TDIum said:

My VCD on a 19-plate stays on the display you set it to. I do like it. 

These TFT displays spoil us. I mean they are brilliant really but you know, could be just a bit better if it displayed things just slightly differently. The one on my Triumph is ace and much nicer than having a dial tacho+LCD panel but I still just wish it was a bit different to how it is. The one in my GF's 15-plate Audi is very nice but you only get one display, the classic one, with very few options. 

With the cheap prices of AMOLED display units, these screens are an utterly disgrace.

The user interface is very poor and you should be able to define it with absolute ease, things like graduation, colour, sharpness etc are quite easy things to implement these days, a small D-pad with a centre "confirm/ok" button would make light work of navigation and selection.

As the amazing Steve Jobs once said; «You can please some of the people, some of the time...»

love my Virtual cockpit, couldn’t be happier :)

33 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I have found in OBDELEVEN that there are about 15 variants for the speedo!

0-9, A-F?

Yes and not all of them work.

Honestly i've set the clock with the speed up to 240 km/h, I think that is the clock from Fabia; Did that as it's more closer to the real speed of 230 km/h that the car reaches. 

I've could of set the VRS that goes up to 280, but why, if I will never end up there; could as easily be 500 there, who cares :) 

5 minutes ago, ccosmin said:

Yes and not all of them work.

Honestly i've set the clock with the speed up to 240 km/h, I think that is the clock from Fabia; Did that as it's more closer to the real speed of 230 km/h that the car reaches. 

I've could of set the VRS that goes up to 280, but why, if I will never end up there; could as easily be 500 there, who cares :) 

Glad Skoda fitted my car with analogue speedo that reads to 288kph (180mph) because it came in handy on the German autobahn when I reached 283kph indicated (177mph).:sweat:

12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Glad Skoda fitted my car with analogue speedo that reads to 288kph (180mph) because it came in handy on the German autobahn when I reached 283kph indicated (177mph).:sweat:

Bloody show off. 😄

• Thanks 1