Car value!! (dare I ask....)

Do I change the car or not????
April 2016 Octy Combi vRS diesel DSG, 99k, race blue, full dealer history, few stone chips apart, its in excellent condition, I bought it new. Car has a load of factory extras:-

Spare wheel; Detachable tow hitch (hardly used); Heated/folding mirrors; Black pack plus; Heated leather (grey stitching); Panoramic roof; Variable boot floor; Columbus sat nav+Canton; Front & rear parking sensors; Adaptive cruise; Light assist; Electric tailgate; Winter pack.
Also has:-
Front & rear mud flaps, Super Skoda grille, Maxton splitter, black badges, roof wrapped black around the sunroof, front Heko wind deflectors, black bumper protector, light brows, lidded compartments under the seats, bonnet struts.
Car has been regularly cleaned and always looks lovely - regularly get comments of approval from total strangers!!
Car not had any issues, no DPF problems, everything is great and it still drives spot on.
Whats it worth?

WP_20190515_19_26_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20190515_19_26_59_Pro.jpg

Edited by cherry evo

It is worth more to you as you look after it

Why change it, someone else may only offer you much less, perhaps 35-40% of price you paid

18 hours ago, toni8b said:

I say it worth 50% of the price now. Why would you change it if its in mint condition?

50% :giggle:

The extras will be worth something to a specific buyer after such a car - only the buyer can say what it's worth to them. Didn't Sasha buy a high miles VRs tdi DSG. Would have thought she'd be the ideal person to guestimate what it's worth to her.

' What's it Worth' to the trade tho...  😢  those extras will no doubt help it sell quicker but aren't really worth anything.  What is of more significance is obviously the huge mileage and the fact the car is out of warranty. Also nothing said how much life left in tyres which is another factor that will alter price. 

OP would be doing very well to retain 50% ( assuming he paid list price) if in A1 condition but current value to trade would probably be around the £10k mark if not less - might be nearer £9k.

Would defo be much better advertising to Vrs enthusiasts who'll pay whatever it's worth to them. Despite the mileage I wouldn't have thought there'd be any trouble selling it but as others have said, assuming it's running ok and has no problems, not sure I'd get rid of it, especially if you're going to continue racking up that sort of mileage.   

Edited by Guest

For a similar comparison, my Dad sold his 66 plate vRS diesel hatch today to Arnold Clarke. Standard car with 16k on the clock, 3 kerbed wheels and a little bit of damage to the bottom of the front bumper from a kerb. Only options from new were black pack and spare wheel, he got a tenner off of £14k. 

• Like 1

Cheers for the feedback guys.

For the ones that replied with getting basic valuations - I am well aware of how to do that! With the miles, its trading just under 9k - so if that's all it's actually worth then no I ain't going to get rid as it's way too much of a car to sell it for that! 

Tyres are probably 60% worn on the front and 50% on the rear.

My plan was always to keep it for about 5 years/150k miles and that is what I will probably do as it still goes like the day I had it.

With the factory extras it was listing at £35300 plus the grands worth or so of extra bits I put on. I had a good deal on it via a broker but it was still over 28k.

Just thought that as this is a place for lovers of the model that here would be the place to ask. Yes the extras don't effectively have a value, but surely as it has so many nice extras then, despite the miles, I'd like to think it's worth a bit more that a basic spec vRS with the same miles.

Anyway,  again, thanks for the replies.

Edited by cherry evo

12 minutes ago, cherry evo said:

With the miles, its trading just under 9k - so if that's all it's actually worth then no I ain't going to get rid as it's way too much of a car to sell it for that! 

I’d say you have your value and your answer right there :nod:

Octavia Vrs make good money at auction,in May I went after NL64GXB a race blue ex Lex lease estate with heated seats full main stealer history & 104000 miles at BCA Newcastle,CAP clean at the time was £6750-7000,online bidding started at £7000 & the car sold for £8000!! On top of this are over £600 worth of buying fees, car now has an export marker against it so I'm guessing it's living its days out in Ireland....

1 hour ago, burno20v said:

Octavia Vrs make good money at auction,in May I went after NL64GXB a race blue ex Lex lease estate with heated seats full main stealer history & 104000 miles at BCA Newcastle,CAP clean at the time was £6750-7000,online bidding started at £7000 & the car sold for £8000!! On top of this are over £600 worth of buying fees, car now has an export marker against it so I'm guessing it's living its days out in Ireland....

Cheers fella. 

I think with the nice options like black pack plus, leather, pano roof, Columbus & Canton and the active cruise, for a private buyer doing normal miles, I think mine would be a great car. Got to be a better buy than an ex lease/company car I'd have thought.

Even though Cap clean on mine is just under 9k I'd have thought it would be on the forecourt for up to 14k.

3 minutes ago, cherry evo said:

As I said, that's trade. 

Always a smart arse?

Are you always unnecessarily rude when people offer advice that you’ve asked for? I’m not trying to be a smart arse. You started a thread asking what your car was worth - you made no mention of having gotten any valuations from anywhere so I (and someone else) posted a genuine suggestion of how to get a valuation. You then said you knew what it was worth and that you didn’t want to sell it for that, so unless you’re expecting someone here to randomly offer you £15k for it, I think you already have your answer. You might get a grand or two more from a private sale, but you presumably already know that too...so I’m not really sure what you were looking for here?

Enjoy your day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, maffyou said:

Are you always unnecessarily rude when people offer advice that you’ve asked for? I’m not trying to be a smart arse. You started a thread asking what your car was worth - you made no mention of having gotten any valuations from anywhere so I (and someone else) posted a genuine suggestion of how to get a valuation. You then said you knew what it was worth and that you didn’t want to sell it for that, so unless you’re expecting someone here to randomly offer you £15k for it, I think you already have your answer. You might get a grand or two more from a private sale, but you presumably already know that too...so I’m not really sure what you were looking for here?

Enjoy your day. 

When you respond with condescending/patronising comments, don't be be surprised at the response...

I will enjoy my day, thanks!

Why not buy a Freedom membership and put an advertisement in the Classifieds section with your most optimistic price?

If you get no responses, you'll know your optimism needs to be dialled down a bit.

Repeat until you get a bite or two. Then you'll know what it's worth to those who are actually wanting to buy one just like yours.

Any other estimated valuations are of limited worth.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cherry evo said:

When you respond with condescending/patronising comments, don't be be surprised at the response...

I will enjoy my day, thanks!

When you ask silly questions that you already know the answer to, don’t be surprised at the response...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maffyou said:

When you ask silly questions that you already know the answer to, don’t be surprised at the response...

Seems only you thought it was a "silly question" as the other responses were quite helpful!!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, maffyou said:

Seems the OP is the one making patronising / condescending remarks by saying "For the ones that replied with getting basic valuations - I am well aware of how to do that!"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maffyou said:

Seems only you thought it was a "silly question" as the other responses were quite helpful!!

I have suddenly remembered why I haven't bothered to come on here for two years!!! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cherry evo said:

50 minutes ago, cherry evo said:

I have suddenly remembered why I haven't bothered to come on here for two years!!! 

I can only assume you’re trying to provoke me in some way by posting the same comment twice, 7 hours apart?

OP: I’d like some advice about X. 

Me: Well here’s a suggestion for X. 

OP: Well I know that already!

Me: Ok, so you have your answer. 

OP: You’re a smart arse. 

Me: I offered you advice when you asked for it?

OP: You’re patronising. 

Me: :huh: 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cherry evo said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have had nothing but entertainment and information from the generous members on here. 

I must say I was quite surprised how this thread progressed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This argument all seems to have started with cherry evo typing as part of his post,- (For the ones that replied with getting basic valuations - I am well aware of how to do that!) It looks a bit blunt, but maybe he just worded it badly by accident. Come on guys be nice on here, it's a great friendly site, lets keep it that way.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Chris locked this topic