Karoq 2020 model

PaveyArk

Thinking of replacing my 170bhp TDI Yeti for a Karoq. The only thing putting me off is 150bhp being the maximum power.  I could choose to go petrol, but the 190bhp petrol only seems available in the Sportline.

Ideally, I’d like a Scout with a 190bhp TDI and leather. Nether of which are options.

Does anyone know if these options are on the cards soon?

There was a post recently from Petroldsg, who had been in touch with Skoda UK about 2020 model changes and options.

They have given 20th August as the date the UK configurator will be updated to 2020 spec, I myself am waiting to see what engine options will be on it, and whether the 1.0 L DSG will be continued.

Skoda seem to have decided that certain engines will only be available with DSG

And the 4x4 system will be fitted to some of the bigger engines.

Remains to be seen what they choose to sell in UK with which specs, but I suspect a Karoq with big engine is going to come with high spec and a price tag over £30k (maybe nearer £35k)

On 10/08/2019 at 08:53, PaveyArk said:

Ideally, I’d like a Scout with a 190bhp TDI and leather.

What is the main reason you need 190 hp?

21 minutes ago, RicardoM said:

What is the main reason you need 190 hp?

Hi, It’s more of a preference than a need. I enjoy driving a powerful, yet practical and understated car.  My 170bhp Yeti still puts a smile on my face on country roads  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nope. This is a clear case of "I will use the car in ECO mode and MAYBE at half of its potential but secretly I like having a big one..."

On 11/08/2019 at 20:22, RicardoM said:

Nope. This is a clear case of "I will use the car in ECO mode and MAYBE at half of its potential but secretly I like having a big one..."

Not quite your most helpful post @RicardoM!

I personally don't feel the need to make full use of all my car's power all the time but also like to use it to put a smile on my face.

If @PaveyArk wants to do the same then so be it.

• Like 2

Don’t equate power with speed. A decent amount of power has the ability to get you out of trouble.  

My 1.5tsi is adequate with its 150bhp    ...but 150bhp in my last motorbike was much more useful. 

Tom

15 minutes ago, Sanqhar said:

Don’t equate power with speed. A decent amount of power has the ability to get you out of trouble.  

My 1.5tsi is adequate with its 150bhp    ...but 150bhp in my last motorbike was much more useful. 

Tom

Very true. I never drive fast, but having a little extra grunt has definitely saved me and my wife’s life once to get out of trouble. Far rather have some extra acceleration if needed.

Though, coincidentally and amusingly about to get the 1.6TD Karoq which is a little slow by all accounts. Built last week supposedly. Wonder if this will be a 2020 Model with the shiny new font on the boot!

52 minutes ago, Ragus said:

Very true. I never drive fast, but having a little extra grunt has definitely saved me and my wife’s life once to get out of trouble. Far rather have some extra acceleration if needed.

Though, coincidentally and amusingly about to get the 1.6TD Karoq which is a little slow by all accounts. Built last week supposedly. Wonder if this will be a 2020 Model with the shiny new font on the boot!

If it was built last week it will have the letters on the boot

7 hours ago, Sanqhar said:

Tom

Apologies as this is off topic...

I miss my GSXR1000 K6 from back in 2006, the last of the long stroke motors without any electronic gizmos.  It was the size and weight of a 600 with if I recall correctly nigh on 180 brake, it was mental.. completely bonkers and at the same time totally addictive, I sold it after a year with 12K on the clock with a frazzling brain because on the road it was too tempting to 'use' it. Given that I didn't want to gather licence points (or worse) or suddenly occupy I large surface area on the road it had to go. Bloody gad I had one though for the experience, brilliant machine.

Oddly my Karoq seems much more liveable but not no where near as much fun as the old gixer. The GSXR was crap for luggage though and chewed though a rear tyre in a tad over 2K miles (£200 a pop) but the experience was worth it....  The Karoq has oodles of space though... which is nice.... but a lot less engaging.

On 10/08/2019 at 23:21, bohmer said:

There was a post recently from Petroldsg, who had been in touch with Skoda UK about 2020 model changes and options.

They have given 20th August as the date the UK configurator will be updated to 2020 spec, I myself am waiting to see what engine options will be on it, and whether the 1.0 L DSG will be continued.

It's up now!

Makes one wonder if this is Skoda UK’s answer to the kangarooing 1.5 manuals, don’t sell them, or if it’s a VAG wide decision, I am surprised though, not everyone necessarily wants a DSG.

12 hours ago, bohmer said:

Thanks CJJE, no 1.0 L DSG anymore as feared.

A crying shame that, it's a fine combination......suits our needs more than adequately, 50mpg, cheap insurance (£128) and a good wedge of ££'s cheaper than the 1.5 - ok, it's 2 seconds slower than the 1.5 but at 0-60 in 10.4 that's quite respectable, the sort of performance I could only dream about when I first started motoring - I've never subscribed to the extra power 'get's you out of trouble' mantra, always been more a fan of the brake when things get dodgy.

• Like 1

I agree, my wife loves our 1.0l DSG, doesn’t feel at all underpowered, very smooth and economical, has all the performance we need for our mostly local trips with 2 dogs, and doesn’t feel slow on the motorway. We loved our 1.2 DSG Yeti, but find the Karoq slightly nippier and more roomy.

Maybe they were not selling, I don’t know, but it is a shame.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2019 at 21:31, Ragus said:

No manual 1.5 TSi either

It is still available in the VW Golf  and the T-Roc SEL and maybe others according to the VW configurator just now:-

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/app/configurator/vw-gb/en/golf/30316/39627/match?page=engine

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/app/configurator/vw-gb/en/t-roc/30361/39780/sel?page=engine

Maybe SUK fed up with the hassle from customers complaining and rejecting vehicles ....... then again do they give a toss?

Edited by Apprentice
typo

• 5 months later...

A new brochure price list has been issued dated 1st February 2020

Prices now £22,530 to £35,465 (before options)

https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesengb/alv1/708efc6a-8b64-4935-9d0b-a82b8ce2f091/SKODA_KAROQ_Interactive_Brochure_01FEB20.c85ea3a5f6a0b2fddf4882f7f817afdf.pdf

• Like 1