I need Bolero Update :-)

2 minutes ago, tyusaf said:

Thanks - and is it worth updating, or no real benefit?
haven't had any problems so far with 2 phones and carplay, but i haven't upgraded to iOS 16 yet either

2022-10-14_16-23-13.png

I have updated my own to 0253, you can do this if you wish.

They don't add features, but fix things like Bluetooth, or other general system stability.

So just let me know if you wish to use firmware, happy to help if you need it.

11 minutes ago, varooom said:

I have updated my own to 0253, you can do this if you wish.

They don't add features, but fix things like Bluetooth, or other general system stability.

So just let me know if you wish to use firmware, happy to help if you need it.

Yes, if it's just a USB update, that would be appreciated - won't have to touch it again for the next 3 years...

6 minutes ago, varooom said:

SD Card job, not seen anyone that ever got the USB to update it.

Does the Fabia Bolero have an SD card slot?
I can't find one anywhere and the manual isn't helpful - "not applicable to the Fabia model"

Just now, tyusaf said:

Does the Fabia Bolero have an SD card slot?
I can't find one anywhere and the manual isn't helpful - "not applicable to the Fabia model"

Take a look in glovebox area, might be hidden away somewhere like that.

After you do update, you can use VCDS to clear an SVM fault (but not a fault that will cause trouble)

• Like 1

Hi,

I have infotainment 5qa035846 unit I updated the firmware from 0252 to 0253, then I tried to update to 0369, but I get a message that I have an old version of the software. What update should I upload now so that I can switch to soft version 03xx and will you make the file available for such update, thanks for help 

2 minutes ago, Tom_Seat said:

Hi,

I have infotainment 5qa035846 unit I updated the firmware from 0252 to 0253, then I tried to update to 0369, but I get a message that I have an old version of the software. What update should I upload now so that I can switch to soft version 03xx and will you make the file available for such update, thanks for help 

You don't jump from 01xx to 02xx, 03xx, 04xx or 05xx

If you are on 02xx, then you stay on that series (otherwise you could brick the unit)

Yes if you know what you are doing you can change one series to another, but not worth it unless you have way to recover unit.

Hi everyone,

just signed up to the forum and I'm looking to do all the updates on my car radio. I have a 2015 Fabia with a Bolero system. can someone point me in the right direction to the update files?

Thank you in advance.

System Information
Device part: 5Q0035820
Hardware: H11
Software: 0138
Media Codec: 1003.113.1.15 prod

Installed SW Train Version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0138T

Installed SW MU Version: 0138

Part number: 5Q0035820

Software Version: H21.50.93_STD2_EU

VIN: TMBFJ6NJ5FZ061912

12 minutes ago, iFink said:

Hi everyone,

just signed up to the forum and I'm looking to do all the updates on my car radio. I have a 2015 Fabia with a Bolero system. can someone point me in the right direction to the update files?

Thank you in advance.

System Information
Device part: 5Q0035820
Hardware: H11
Software: 0138
Media Codec: 1003.113.1.15 prod

Installed SW Train Version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0138T

Installed SW MU Version: 0138

Part number: 5Q0035820

Software Version: H21.50.93_STD2_EU

VIN: TMBFJ6NJ5FZ

You have the latest version for that software train.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

I'm looking to update the software on my unit to fix intermittent crashes and possibly 'ghost touches' during cold weather. The dealer requested a £70 diagnostic fee to begin, which I kindly declined. 

Is there an update available for my unit? If so  please provide a link. 

Would updating deactivate any features? 

Regards

PXL_20221020_162110569.thumb.jpg.e827b58868c6f7201d3c1f12038af239.jpgPXL_20221021_122420077.thumb.jpg.897eab0adaecb42cdce7af8648de8656.jpg

1 minute ago, TSiTorque said:

Hi all, 

I'm looking to update the software on my unit to fix intermittent crashes and possibly 'ghost touches' during cold weather. The dealer requested a £70 diagnostic fee to begin, which I kindly declined. 

Is there an update available for my unit? If so  please provide a link. 

Would updating deactivate any features? 

Regards

PXL_20221020_162110569.thumb.jpg.e827b58868c6f7201d3c1f12038af239.jpgPXL_20221021_122420077.thumb.jpg.897eab0adaecb42cdce7af8648de8656.jpg

Keep your £70 in your pocket, will send you a link to download and install yourself.

Usually nothing is lost in the process, unless unit was "hacked" to enable something it never had.

• Thanks 1

On 14/10/2022 at 16:53, varooom said:

Take a look in glovebox area, might be hidden away somewhere like that.

After you do update, you can use VCDS to clear an SVM fault (but not a fault that will cause trouble)

Just to let everyone know - the update went fine on my Bolero - took 30 mins

at the end of the update it showed a screen like "connect your dealer diagnostic software", but there was an exit option. It rebooted again, and working fine.

Thanks again to varooom for the firmware

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nj3turbo said:

Hello I hope for the radio gibts an update would be really good see pictures attached!

Yours sincerely Nj3turbo

IMG_20221106_123227.jpg

You can update to 0138 version if you wish.  And you can dust car while it loads, especially below the heater and fan speed knobs for the air temperature sensor 😁

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, nj3turbo said:

can i also take a usb stick for this? Since he somehow does not recognize sd card or no update package. I must say that this is one of the first MIB2!

Do you guys maybe need a serial number or something?

Can you take a picture of the contents of your SD Card?

Normal is single file in root, and then about 30 or so folders.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nj3turbo said:

Previously I had the folder MST2_EU_SK on Drive F.: , there was exactly the same.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 192628.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-06 192711.jpg

That F Drive looks perfect, in root there is metainfo2.txt (or some name like that)

And is FAT32/exFAT format?

In car, you are in engineering menu, where you see existing software train value?

1 minute ago, varooom said:

Es ist dieses Menü, also können Sie die Update-Schaltfläche oben sehen

Yes exactly I can see and also the button update I can click and also the SD card and then he grumbles around. No package available. Have just looked if I find the metainfo2.txt. It is also on the SD card. Something else, how long does such an update take?

7 minutes ago, nj3turbo said:

Yes exactly I can see and also the button update I can click and also the SD card and then he grumbles around. No package available. Have just looked if I find the metainfo2.txt. It is also on the SD card. Something else, how long does such an update take?

This is the structure I see, and should be on SD Card

850044753_0138FW.png.3f6a98a4936be52aed6862293e22e58e.png

Update depends on amount of changes, as you are on 0137 you may find it's quick.

Most updates take 20-40 minutes as depends on SD Card speed.

3 minutes ago, varooom said:

Dies ist die Struktur, die ich sehe, und sollte auf der SD-Karte sein

850044753_0138FW.png.3f6a98a4936be52aed6862293e22e58e.png

Die Aktualisierung hängt von der Anzahl der Änderungen ab, da Sie auf 0137 sind, werden Sie feststellen, dass es schnell geht.

Die meisten Updates dauern je nach Geschwindigkeit der SD-Karte 20-40 Minuten.

This is exactly how the structure looks. Will try it with USB stick tomorrow and would let you know tomorrow. Maybe I can find a few more photos that would help you. Until then....

• Like 1