I need Bolero Update :-)

1 hour ago, gumuskurt22 said:

Hi 5GD 035 280 B multimedya Skoda rapid 2016 spaceback
Is it compatible?

Sorry my list only knows Software Train.

Are you still trying to make mirrorlink on this?

On 02/09/2022 at 07:47, gumuskurt22 said:

Thank you! the update is complete. but nothing changed. He got hopeful when he saw MirrorLink in the update files, but it still doesn't show up in the menu. Is there anything that can be done to enable MirrorLink?

Hi All,

I have just bought a 2015 mk 3 fabia and want to be able to connect my S21 and use apps.

Currently there only appears to be mirrorlink installed which isn't compatible with my phone.

Is it possible to update my firmware/software to allow me to do this?

16635184849857121295345014475870.jpg

5 hours ago, MrBoyson31 said:

Hi All,

I have just bought a 2015 mk 3 fabia and want to be able to connect my S21 and use apps.

Currently there only appears to be mirrorlink installed which isn't compatible with my phone.

Is it possible to update my firmware/software to allow me to do this?

16635184849857121295345014475870.jpg

There is an update to 0138

But this is bug fixes and such, the features are existing in all firmwares usually, but they are turned on and off with codes usually programmed in at factory.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CoLoNeL said:

Hi!

I am also looking for an update. 

My car: Skoda Rapid Spaceback 2016/12

Thank you!

IMG_1385.JPG

Try to hold down the Menu button for 10 seconds to get the Software Train information, this also has the firmware update button you need.

1 minute ago, CoLoNeL said:

My car does not support image transfer via usb cable. Seems like there is no "mirrorlink/Smartlink" features. Can I activate it with an update? Or do I need to install new software?

Available is 0369 update, even the old firmware has the features inside, but they are only enabled via codes!

You can pay some independent workshops or main dealer to active, and there's also a "free" option where you patch the unit to unlock all the codes.

19 minutes ago, varooom said:

Available is 0369 update, even the old firmware has the features inside, but they are only enabled via codes!

You can pay some independent workshops or main dealer to active, and there's also a "free" option where you patch the unit to unlock all the codes.

How can I download the 0369 update?

How do I unlock codes? what menu exactly is the free option in?

1 minute ago, CoLoNeL said:

How can I download the 0369 update?

How do I unlock codes? what menu exactly is the free option in?

I can send a link for the firmware, but this won't solve the unlock.

A dealer should be able to provide and input the code, otherwise the free choice needs more work (no such thing as a free lunch)

You need to enable developer engineering mode, and install a toolkit to hack the unit.  You need VCDS or similar to enable this extra hidden menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - first time Skoda owner - just signed up...

I'm also looking to do all the updates on my car - I have the 2015 Bolero with Carplay - can someone point me to the firmware update files?
I also have access to an official VCDS cable if that's what required

Cheers

System Information
Device part: 5Q0035842A
Hardware: H24
Software: 0241
Media Coded: 2101.0.0.8

1 hour ago, tyusaf said:

Hi everyone - first time Skoda owner - just signed up...

I'm also looking to do all the updates on my car - I have the 2015 Bolero with Carplay - can someone point me to the firmware update files?
I also have access to an official VCDS cable if that's what required

Cheers

System Information
Device part: 5Q0035842A
Hardware: H24
Software: 0241
Media Coded: 2101.0.0.8

Odds are 0253 is available, but you should hold down menu key for about 10 seconds to enter engineering menu, look for Software Train information and take a picture of that.

4 hours ago, varooom said:

Odds are 0253 is available, but you should hold down menu key for about 10 seconds to enter engineering menu, look for Software Train information and take a picture of that.

Thanks - and is it worth updating, or no real benefit?
haven't had any problems so far with 2 phones and carplay, but i haven't upgraded to iOS 16 yet either

2022-10-14_16-23-13.png

Edited by tyusaf