Slow factory orders

jinxgj

5 hours ago, CowsGoMoo said:

I've been bugging chat since week 2 post order as my dealer said in the normal run of things factory acceptance takes 2-4 weeks, and then you are allocated a build slot which is +1 to +5 weeks from that. At that point though the build slot is temporary and can still move but I guess the close to +1 you get the more likely it will firm up.

From week of build it I'm told it take 4-5 weeks to get it to you assuming no logistic issues.

I ordered on 20th January, and still have no order acceptance, so at this point I think my dealer is going to fail in it's unofficial expectation of having it with me end of March.....be lucky to be end of April at this point.

I want the car and I have until October on my current PCP so there is some wiggle room thankfully. 

Could you see if there is a similar spec car already being built that you could take instead? I ordered on 17th of january and got an email saying that my car would possibly not be arriving until after the increase in tax from 01/04. They managed to source another car that was already being built that hadn't been allocated to anyone yet, different colour but same engine, gearbox, trim level and had optional full leather, spare wheel and triglav alloys. The car I ordered was the base energy blue colour with optional full leather, rear view camera and triglav alloys. So I've lost the rear view camera but I've gained a spare wheel and metallic petrol blue paint and the car is already at port waiting to get on a ship.

Where are the Kodiaq's built? Are they built in germany?

Edited by Carkus

Possibly but I've been in cars that have been a compromise for various reasons over the last 20 years so for once I've got a good balance of affordability and what I really want so I think I'll wait it out as disappointing as it is. 

Superb Se l in energy blue, with rev camera, heated windscreen, spare wheel, heated steering wheel.

If it was just colour then I'd consider a swap I guess. Skoda UK are saying 13 to 15 weeks lead on the superb at the moment so I remain hopeful of an April delivery 👍

Best wishes to anyone else waiting for confirmation. 

1 hour ago, Carkus said:

Could you see if there is a similar spec car already being built that you could take instead? I ordered on 17th of january and got an email saying that my car would possibly not be arriving until after the increase in tax from 01/04. They managed to source another car that was already being built that hadn't been allocated to anyone yet, different colour but same engine, gearbox, trim level and had optional full leather, spare wheel and triglav alloys. The car I ordered was the base energy blue colour with optional full leather, rear view camera and triglav alloys. So I've lost the rear view camera but I've gained a spare wheel and metallic petrol blue paint and the car is already at port waiting to get on a ship.

Hey carkus

They are built in Czech Republic I believe. We we in similar position and wife opted for a compromise on options. The rear camera is currently available as a dealer retro-fit for £599 I believe. 

2 hours ago, Carkus said:

All Kodiaq's are built at the Kvasiny plant in the Czech Republic.

• 2 weeks later...

How long do the cars tend to spend at the port in Emden waiting for a ship? my cars been at the port of exit for more than 2 weeks now waiting for a ship. I got an email from the lease company telling me the car has now been shipped and is awaiting arrival at the port in the UK. But Skoda live chat today says its at the port of exit and has been assigned a ship, but they don't know when it will be shipped or what ship it has been assigned to.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 11:18, tallpaul_kodiaq said:

Ordered a 1.5 TSI Edition on the 9th January. Confirmed build week 6. So hopefully delivered by end of March, which would make a lead time of approx. 12 weeks. 

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 14:09, tallpaul_kodiaq said:

Now confirmed as built and cleared for loading at the port of exit.

Aaaaaand now it's sat at the Dealers awaiting collection. Got a bit held up at the Port of Exit due to the recent storms.

Overall, less than 8 weeks from order to delivery.

4 minutes ago, tallpaul_kodiaq said:

Aaaaaand now it's sat at the Dealers awaiting collection. Got a bit held up at the Port of Exit due to the recent storms.

Overall, less than 8 weeks from order to delivery.

Nice. Pleased for you!

Not so lucky here. Seems my provisional week is no longer and Skoda UK told me I would be lucky to get the car by end of June early July.....I'm hoping this is a worst case scenario. Order date 20th January.....so 18 to 19 weeks lead on a superb se l 2.0 TDI

2 minutes ago, CowsGoMoo said:

Nice. Pleased for you!

Not so lucky here. Seems my provisional week is no longer and Skoda UK told me I would be lucky to get the car by end of June early July.....I'm hoping this is a worst case scenario. Order date 20th January.....so 18 to 19 weeks lead on a superb se l 2.0 TDI

The difference is that my order took an existing build slot that the dealer had. My order was contingent on delivery by end of March, so they'd only process the order if an existing early-Q1 slot was available. I guess I'd be in a similar situation if my order had just joined the queue.

6 minutes ago, tallpaul_kodiaq said:

The difference is that my order took an existing build slot that the dealer had. My order was contingent on delivery by end of March, so they'd only process the order if an existing early-Q1 slot was available. I guess I'd be in a similar situation if my order had just joined the queue.

I am pretty much identical to you, i originally placed an order for my own build and spec on 17/01/2020, then on 05/02 i found out that it wouldn't come until after 01/04 and there was a hike in the VED by over £600 which i would have to pay for, so they managed to secure me one that was already being built but not allocated to anyone yet. I got confirmation this was secured for me on 06/02 and would arrive at the dealer in 3-4 weeks. I've been on the live chat to skoda every few days checking progress but for the last 2 weeks+ it has been at port of exit waiting for a ship, understandably there have been delays with shipping due to the storms. even if the car arrived in the uk in the next day or 2, it will likely be another 2 weeks before i get it as the agent has 7 days to get it from the port to the dealer, then another 3-5 working days to deliver the car to me 😞 I hope mine will be arriving very shortly, i'm itching to get it!

Edited by Carkus

On 02/02/2020 at 13:05, pchor_1 said:

I`ve ordered on 3rd of January my L&K Petrol 190, Velvet Red, Beige sits, with some extras (Driver assistance package, Driver alert system with fatigue sensor, Electrically operated boot with kick activated boot (Virtual Pedal), Folding table on front seat backrests, Virtual Cockpit). Estimated time beginning of April.

Today`s update. My car is waiting for shipping.

Finally my car is on a ship and is docking in Grimsby shortly today. On the Aquarius Ace. Hopefully have the car with me within the next 2 weeks. The agent has 7 days to get it to the dealer (which is only 2 hours away from the port), then the dealer has 3-5 working days to deliver the car to me.

20200308_135935.jpg

Got confirmation from Skoda live chat the car arrived at grimsby port on 09/03 (it had docked around 5pm on Sunday 08/03). The Skoda agent told me it can be another 7-10 working days in the UK port, then another 24-48 hours to deliver customer orders to the retailer, then a further 24-48 hours to perform the necessary checks and call to arrange delivery. I need to have the car with my before Monday the 30th of March. Cutting it very close

Good luck with the car. Hope you get it when you want it. 
Mine is at Dealer now and will be collecting on 28/03. Will mean we have an ‘extra’ car for a month before lease car goes back, but saves the ~£600 tax increase. 

3 hours ago, Darren_P said:

Good luck with the car. Hope you get it when you want it. 
Mine is at Dealer now and will be collecting on 28/03. Will mean we have an ‘extra’ car for a month before lease car goes back, but saves the ~£600 tax increase. 

After ordering in October, today I was told that the new car will be registered on 31 March - again to avoid the increase - and I have the reg. number and VIN.

Funny thing is, the outgoing car is being inspected and collected on 3 April, so I may post a pic of the “Happy Couple” on April Fool’s Day 😀

ps - I’m hoping for a preview when I take the old bus for it’s MOT late in March.

Nice one, at least you guys have real sight of your cars.

Latest update on mine is provisional build week of week 16....was 15 last week.

So...end of April best case for delivery which is in line with order paperwork but a good month later than what the dealer said. 

Been a long wait from October @BoxerBoy almost half a year....i think that long would send me over the edge!

8 minutes ago, CowsGoMoo said:

Nice one, at least you guys have real sight of your cars.

Latest update on mine is provisional build week of week 16....was 15 last week.

So...end of April best case for delivery which is in line with order paperwork but a good month later than what the dealer said. 

Been a long wait from October @BoxerBoy almost half a year....i think that long would send me over the edge!

There was a threat of 6 month lead time for certain custom builds, so I had no reservations about ordering early. My list of “must have” extras meant that I would never find one lying around at short notice. And agreeing a price of course.

My only concern was having a replacement car on time to match the expiry of my current contract on 6 April.

I believe the car arrived in the UK sometime in February so all will end well.

I was in a similar position - ordered in October for collection this month - no prospect of finding a stock car or earlier build slot for Edition 2.0TSi, with acceptable colour (silver or, at a push, business grey), virtual cockpit, retractable towbar, reversing camera (or the 360degree view), driver assist package. Could get dealer to fit spare wheel if necessary (but evidently it's a non-trivial job) and perhaps 'code in' some other stuff like display of speed limits. To their credit, Skoda does allow a large degree of personalisation, unlike Japanese makes where you get what you get at a given trim level with virtually no user-defined variants.

21 hours ago, Darren_P said:

What ‘must have’ extras did you guys go with so that you had to order so early?

Apart from a Big Dirty Diesel engine (was rumoured to be in short supply for a while) and a Velvet Red paint job, it should have this lot. 

Of course nothing is mission critical, but having lived with my grey bear for 3 years I fancied a few changes.

All the Hot Bits are brilliant and used all year round.

The personalisation of drive mode isn't critical, but it gets you 3 keys and options for alternative drivers to arrange their own radio stations. 

In 2017 we got lights in our sun visors, but in 2020 that needs an add-on package.  I'll let the little kids play with the lights, but at least my good lady will still be able to check her make up. 

I'll not lose any sleep over not having 2 umbrellas (I think I used one once), I suffered a broken door bumper and still have a sticky one so don't care for them, the wee boot torch is almost pointless, the red door lights, the round badge on the boot lid, but hey I get S K O D A instead.

The boot buttons for releasing the seat backs have been a waste of time. I haven't used my spare wheel, but would know how to when the time comes. The 3 zone climate control was similarly not really worth it.

I will miss the 2 knobs on the centre display as my co-driver often likes to play with the LH volume too - and the steering wheel volume control does not work when sitting in car with engine off - and I do like the RH zoom on the seldom used NAV (I still stick on a Garmin).

When Skoda remove the big heater knobs I'll probably be searching the car market for the last remaining dinosaur vehicle with heater knobs, irrespective of make.

The penny pinching cuts that have been made do seem petty in the 21st century when other (cheaper) brands are loading their cars with specification.

On the whole, I think Skoda still provides a reasonable package - inc. KESSY, LED lamps, Hot seats, cruise, NAV as standard.  The "premium brands" still have frightening option lists to load a car with what some of us want as basic nowadays.

There was no car in the production pipeline that looked like this, hence 6 months for order.

image.png.aef13cff975e39e038aa1f5c99fefa8e.png

Just now, Phasio said:

My Sportline was set to be delivered early September but apparently it's being produced in week 14 - so I'll probably get my hands on it by the end of April. Can't wait.

Looking increasingly unlikely as car factories in Europe are/will be shutting down shortly.