The 2019 Election - Done and Overwhelmingly Dusted!!

SkodaVRS1963

Still not seen anything of Diane Abbott since Thursday. I do hope that she will stand in the leadership contest for the Labour Party. 

7 hours ago, moley said:

Listening to LBC this morning on my way to the eurotunnel, Len McCluskey was suggesting that Labour should stay to the left or move further to the left and not move to the centre of politics as their policies were good, Corbyn was good and Brexit was the big issue. Also on the programme they reported that Emily Thornberry had told another Labour mp that leave voters were stupid. It used to be the Tories that were out of touch with the people, now Labour have taken that on board. 

Tday's version of Sunday Politics ( Midlands ) saw an old Labour politician ( now in HOL) - Lorde Snape tear Corbyn/Macdonnel et all to shreds over their hard left stance. Worth watching, for those that want to see how the old guard feel over the new lot.

Shy- my daughter in her younger days called them Liberal demoPrats.

Last week I saw a very interesting interview from Scotland. Admittedly it was from a fishing town, where the bloke asked about independance. To him and his group independance meant Scotland free from all ,not just England, but also from the EU.

Every so often someone arises from the Labour ranks as the Tories best friend ,especially at election time. First one I remember was George Brown, but there's been others in the same mould. Seems this time Dianne was kept under wraps. Lord Snape ( on Sunday politics) suggested that others might have served  the Labour cause better by sitting down and keeping quiet.

Edited by VWD

6 minutes ago, VWD said:

Last week I saw a very interesting interview from Scotland. Admittedly it was from a fishing town, where the bloke asked about independance. To him and his group independance meant Scotland free from all ,not just England, but also from the EU.

Thats an important point you've made there and may be the undoing of wee Nicky Sturgeon as 1.6 million odd voted for Scottish independence last time around, a good number of them want as you have said total stand alone independence from rest of UK and the EU which she seems to be completely ignoring in her quest for independence but crucially returning to the EU fold. 

• Like 1

Steve Bray, annoying idiot with a megaphone outside Parliament, only secured 949 votes  not even enough to keep his deposit when he stood for the Lib Dem’s. 
Highly skilled in holding signs, shouting the same thing over and over again whilst dressing like an idiot. If you’ve got a small business and need someone to dress up looking stupid outside your shop with a big sign saying sale, then he’s available for immediate work. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-general-election-remain-leave-17419411

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Steve Bray, annoying idiot with a megaphone outside Parliament, only secured 949 votes  not even enough to keep his deposit when he stood for the Lib Dem’s. 
Highly skilled in holding signs, shouting the same thing over and over again whilst dressing like an idiot. If you’ve got a small business and need someone to dress up looking stupid outside your shop with a big sign saying sale, then he’s available for immediate work. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-general-election-remain-leave-17419411

He could dress as an Orange Santa if the Lib Dems are still paying him?:tongueout:

1 hour ago, Gmac983 said:

Thats an important point you've made there and may be the undoing of wee Nicky Sturgeon as 1.6 million odd voted for Scottish independence last time around, a good number of them want as you have said total stand alone independence from rest of UK and the EU which she seems to be completely ignoring in her quest for independence but crucially returning to the EU fold. 

Gmac- I hail from the Northwest coast. From a family of fisher folk, who founded the village ,who moved from Thurso area. My politics as a teenager were this- SNP- GET SCOTLAND INDEPENDANT OF THE UK. These days- I despair, to find a SNP party where they'd sooner be under EU domination, than be part of a union ( as an equal trading partner) in UK LTD.

My fishing connections wanted Leave as the EU was favouring the EU nations in catches & fishing policy over the UK. Smacks of Highland clearances, where sheep wre given preference to folks. Thse days it's EU quotas to Scotish fisherfolk.

The SNP politicians and advisers and hangers on need their dreams and hopes and fantasy.

They have lots of votes from some areas, but that is because people are going to let them have their dreams if it stops the kind of Tory rule that Scotland has had, 

and Unions losing peoples jobs, and Liberals loving the lifestyle. 

Scotland is not all Yellow and never will be.  Too many people will never support the Nats with some of the chancers that make up their numbers.

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 20.18.15.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moley said:

Listening to LBC this morning on my way to the eurotunnel, Len McCluskey was suggesting that Labour should stay to the left or move further to the left and not move to the centre of politics as their policies were good, Corbyn was good and Brexit was the big issue. Also on the programme they reported that Emily Thornberry had told another Labour mp that leave voters were stupid. It used to be the Tories that were out of touch with the people, now Labour have taken that on board. 

Len McCluskey was on Corbyn's side, Friday wrote an article slamming Corbyn, Momentum etc, and now has back peddled. 

No wonder Labour are in a mess 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Something bothered me about a post in this thread which was referring to my posts in the brexit thread.
It was suggested that I called people stupid for opposing brexit. So, I had a look back and, as I thought, rightly it seems, that most of my posts were links to articles or videos.
So far I've got to page 30. Previous to these comments being made and, upon checking, I have't called anyone stupid or an idiot.
It seems the opposite is true. These are from the current brexit thread.

p2.PNG

p3.PNG

p5.PNG

p6.PNG

p11.PNG

p16.PNG

p17.1.PNG

p17.PNG

p21.1.PNG

p21.3.PNG

p21.4.PNG

p21.PNG

p25.2.PNG

p25.PNG

p28.PNG

p29notsurewhymentioned.PNG

p30.PNG

• Thanks 1

Yet Momentum and the far left are still trying to keep hold of their grip on the Labour Party, Meanwhile you have Jess Phillips trying to take the party to centre left. 

I don’t think the next leader should be their front bench or they will be seen as a Corbyn clone rather than someone who spoke out against him and wants to take the party in a new direction rather than more of the same. 

I would have said let Richard Burgon run for leader as he comedy gold but that’s how we ended up with Jeremy Corbyn. 

• Like 1

@Lee_Esq so much for your last comment on this thread but since you have so much time to go through the previous posts I assume your MIL is now better and you have time answer the question on why your wife was still driving round in a German registered car over two years after residing in the UK, when she was abused by the BMW driving brexiteer?

I do like you playing the victim again, shame it doesn’t wash.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

The SNP politicians and advisers and hangers on need their dreams and hopes and fantasy.

They have lots of votes from some areas, but that is because people are going to let them have their dreams if it stops the kind of Tory rule that Scotland has had, 

and Unions losing peoples jobs, and Liberals loving the lifestyle. 

Scotland is not all Yellow and never will be.  Too many people will never support the Nats with some of the chancers that make up their numbers.

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 20.18.15.jpg

Their former Leader will have his day in Court soon enough to answer for crimes against WOMEN.:thumbdown:

1 hour ago, Roottootemoot said:

@Lee_Esq   It is like the end of the year TV and Radio, looking back on the year.

Good that your review your posts.

There are none as blind as will not see.

I think his 2019 highlights were Boris losing his first 8 votes in Parliament. However the sand has moved on the beach and whereas before there was plenty of quicksand this has been replaced by solid ground and we expect his next 8 votes to be more constructive for the UK.:thinking:

Just now, Roottootemoot said:

@shyVRS245

Alleged crimes.  He would take legal action against you as quick as he did against the Scottish Government.

He will never be in court over selling Scotland down the river while he was First Minister.

His place in history is already written.  Just a chancer.

Well he is spending an awful lot of money trying not to appear in Court. Not exactly the actions of an innocent man. Agree about the chancer comment. Let him sue me if he has any money left.:sweat:

• Haha 1

@shyVRS245 He is a very wealth man, author and economist and receiver of pensions as a MP & MSP / First Minister.

A Broadcaster as well. Many ruples...

You better watch what you say and print, and get some knowledge of Scottish Law. 

His court date for the trial for the sexual assaults and attempted rape will be set.

He appeared and denied all 14 charges against him in November.

I doubt you could afford to pay out what the Tax Payers had to if he took you to court.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-46428570

Edited by Roottootemoot

Go easy on the guy, you too would be upset and hitting out if you thought that now there was a chance that you would have to get a job to remain where you chose to reside using freedom of movement.

• Like 2

Blimey - looks like someone's hit one of Lee's nerves - interesting (selective) response though given all the antagonistic posts he's made in the past (some of which he appears to have accidentally replicated above - thus showing himself to be an equal protagonist...).

Anyhow - any chance we could close this thread (and all other Political ones?) please before it gets even more out of hand.

• Like 3

On 13/12/2019 at 08:24, CWARD said:

Lol-lol has been absent from this debate for a while but his contributions to Labour Party have reduced their share of the vote around Worcestershire 😯 but the Lib Dem’s dd better but not enough to have any effect. 

Was not involved with the local Labour Candidate here in Worcester who I thought was a very weak candidate, much poorer than Mike Foster we had for Labour as our MP up to 2010.  Let us remember, with a bit of analysis, that the Cons only increased their share of the vote by 1%.  Some two million Labour voters, mainly from Birmingham northwards, changed their vote to Cons, Lib and even BREXIT party. The million extra Liberal votes got them nothing under the first past the post system.  

Congratulations to Dominic Cummins and Nagel Farage for their campaign strategy.

Now Mr Dolittle, Boris nickname when mayor of London, has it all to do.  The UK debt having doubled from £1T to £2T since 2010, UK finances in a mess, still, railways also in a mess, NHS also.  I give him a 6 month honeymoon until he is seen through.

On the good side Boris gave away Northern Ireland economically to the rest of Ireland and the 6 countries have more Nationalist MPs than Unionists.  Also Scotland has a strong Nationalist government determined to go their own way so good luck to them on their EU membership process. 

Now to decide who to back in the new Labour leadership election.  I back Burnham back in 2015, thinking of voting Rebecca Long Bailey this time if she stands.   Lets get BREXIT done so I can start earning part of this £7B per year of the new customs entries requirement !!  

Edited by lol-lol

What is certain about Freedom of movement for UK citizens and even British Passport holders is that when they need medical care for anything serious they are able to pop back to the UK for treatment.

In some cases that might be the first time they have ever been in the UK.

5 hours ago, CWARD said:

Yet Momentum and the far left are still trying to keep hold of their grip on the Labour Party, Meanwhile you have Jess Phillips trying to take the party to centre left. 

I don’t think the next leader should be their front bench or they will be seen as a Corbyn clone rather than someone who spoke out against him and wants to take the party in a new direction rather than more of the same. 

I would have said let Richard Burgon run for leader as he comedy gold but that’s how we ended up with Jeremy Corbyn. 

I wasn't shocked at the outcome of the election, I was surprised at the size of his majority but not shocked.

What is the craziest out come of the election is the outright denial of the  Labout Left. This mad idea that if only they were left enough people would vote for them in their droves. Is it not an Einstein quote, "the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expectin a different outcome".

Every time Labout put up a far left leader with a far left manifesto they tank. As times goes on playing to the far left makes them tank even more.

When did Labout get into power? When they had a centre left leader, with a centrist manifesto which at least played lipservice to economic competence.

Quite frankly unless Labour see the light Boris is going to have free reign for the next 15yr. But I don't think they will, not until the momentum lot either grow up or go senile. I can't see that happening until after the next GE.

I think the local elections will be very different as will the next Holyrood elections. I'd expect more Labour and more liberal then, both sides of the border. But those elections are usually very different to the GE.

The SNP will badger for Indyref2, I don't know why anyone gets annoyed or surprised by this, they are the Scottish NATIONAL party. It doesn't matter how many indyrefs they lose as long as they keep getting voted back in they'll keep asking for referendii.

So it's over to Boris.

He's in, he's got his Brexit mandate now he's got 5yr not to fk it up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well he is spending an awful lot of money trying not to appear in Court. Not exactly the actions of an innocent man. Agree about the chancer comment. Let him sue me if he has any money left.:sweat:

HE's got plenty of fans to bankroll him, his court fees are were paid for through a gofundme remember.