The 2019 Election - Done and Overwhelmingly Dusted!!

SkodaVRS1963

6 hours ago, Chorlton said:

Well that's that then.  Labour cocked that up big time.  Corbyn should've stepped aside a long time ago and given Labour a proper go of it.

I only hope the areas that turned blue are rewarded for their loyalty by the Cons. Some of those areas are on their arse and deserve hope and investment.

Time to get on with Brexit and discover whether it will be the panacea to the country's problems.

The Tories are feeling pretty pleased with themselves today.  However, I hope it's not long before they realise the weight of responsibility they now bear not to let down those communities that voted for them.

Personally I think the falsehoods many exposed, but equally voters were seemingly happy to ignore will come out. 

Already been some statements from Education and NHS which aren't positive. 

Wonder if the treasury will release the economic assessment of both brexit and Northern Ireland now it's impact won't have any effect. 

I hope he is good on his word, but I think we'll see some about turns on promises such as no tax rises in 2020. 

6 hours ago, CWARD said:

I’d like to congratulate @gadgetman who has been on the losing side but still had the balls to contribute to this thread after it became clear of how bad it was for Labour. Others who had been equally passionate have just skulked off.
Please accept this as an olive branch from me. 

Aw, fanks. 

All a good game. 

But still not a Labour supporter ;)

• Administrators

Well I didn't vote for the blues, or the reds, I far more obscure than that.  TBH I didn't vote for yellow either, the 11th hour switch-a-roo caught us out, if Jo mellowed, she may of got there eventually. A big job and I'm sure she didn't think a GE was on the cards again so soon. Corbyn, the power of a few, no real opposition and that is the scariest thought of all going forwards. How the hell do we keep JRM and the looines in check...

However, I can't help but think a majority one way or the other will be better, it has to be, it's what we've got now. The future is unwritten right? Let's be positive ;)

Well this seems apt, something someone said about the people and peoples goverment...

you need to let him get to the end of the speech... only 70 odd years old, the past, pffft, who needs the future.

• Like 1

Hey Colin - at least some of us here in Sheffield now have an MP - as opposed to our previous incumbent the 'missing in action' Jared O'Mara...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

My new November 2019 Passport states "United Kingdom and Northern Ireland" on the cover, no mention of Europe which is the way it will be going forward.;)

Yes you can now look forward to unfettered passage to all the EU countries!

Oops. Got that wrong as I meant to say you can now look forward to extra checking at all the EU countries. :tongueout:

Obviously it won't affect your other worldwide visits though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ColinD said:

Corbyn, the power of a few, no real opposition and that is the scariest thought of all going forwards. How the hell do we keep JRM and the looines in check...

However, I can't help but think a majority one way or the other will be better, it has to be, it's what we've got now. The future is unwritten right? Let's be positive ;)

That's why Labour need to get real and reconnect with the voters as well as getting an actual leader rather than someone who has objected to everything instead of opposing with an alternative. An alternative that the people can understand and see they are being listened to.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Aw, fanks. 

All a good game. 

But still not a Labour supporter ;)

Not that you'll believe me but I'm not true blue either but with two disabled brothers I've seen that both main parties say one thing and do the complete opposite.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Yes you can now look forward to unfettered passage to all the EU countries!

Oops. Got that wrong as I meant to say you can now look forward to extra checking at all the EU countries. :tongueout:

Obviously it won't affect your other worldwide visits though.

You should try filling in an online visa application for visiting India. It takes about 2 hours per person for just 1 month. Anyone would think they don't want any tourists. 2019/2020 Holidays will spend £10,400 on 4 long haul flights/holidays none in Europe so making a choice to avoid overpriced European destinations as all customers are entitled to. The customer is always right. At least coming back to the UK is very easy and quick with our modern passports and technology with microchips and retina recognition. The checks and delays at Goa (military Airport) are not something I want to experience anytime soon.:nod:

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

You should try filling in an online visa application for visiting India. It takes about 2 hours per person for just 1 month. Anyone would think they don't want any tourists. 2019/2020 Holidays will spend £10,400 on 4 long haul flights/holidays none in Europe so making a choice to avoid overpriced European destinations as all customers are entitled to. The customer is always right. At least coming back to the UK is very easy and quick with our modern passports and technology with microchips and retina recognition. The checks and delays at Goa (military Airport) are not something I want to experience anytime soon.:nod:

The last time I went to sort a visa involved a personal visit to go along with the waiting time.

Talking of waits, the airport in Goa had >15< (individuals or in pairs) of people to check the paperwork that had been checked by the previous person who'd checked it!

12 minutes ago, john999boy said:

The last time I went to sort a visa involved a personal visit to go along with the waiting time.

Talking of waits, the airport in Goa had >15< (individuals or in pairs) of people to check the paperwork that had been checked by the previous person who'd checked it!

The most bizarre thing on the way back was having put the suitcases through a scanner they put security tape around our padlocks so that no-one at the Airport could interfer with our luggage. This is the first time this has happened to us anywhere in the World.B)

24 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Well.. at least Farage got nothing at all.... gob****e...

Nigel, bless him, is the only person who is consistently honest. He doesn't change his story and has a measured answer for any interviewer. Even Mr Neil.

Edited by Skoda_newby

well well well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where are all the we want another referendum people now,who would not accept the original democratic majority vote of the people,3 yrs of in fighting telling the majorty they didn't know what they were voting for,it just goes to show ,listen to the majority of voters.

45 minutes ago, Skoda_newby said:

Nigel, bless him, is the only person who is consistently honest. He doesn't change his story and has a measured answer for any interviewer. Even Mr Neil.

Consistently hypocritical you mean?

Heading up the "Brexit Party" and pushing for leaving while happily taking the cash to not sit in an MEP seat.... 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

well well well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where are all the we want another referendum people now,who would not accept the original democratic majority vote of the people,3 yrs of in fighting telling the majorty they didn't know what they were voting for,it just goes to show ,listen to the majority of voters.

Given we all know had the result gone the other way Farage and many voters would have demanded another vote, how about we drop this sore winner/loser debate and move on as Boris said?

The general election has put that debate to bed once and for all. 

BUT let's hope this is a positive as sold by leavers and not a huge negative. If it is, don't be surprised when folk vote or demand to rejoin the EU in a few years time ;)

• Like 1

Yes let’s move on .i was just gloating after 3 years on this topic being told that the majority who voted for brexit didn’t understand /realise or too old/stupid to appreciate   what brexit meant and having to read all the Posts that a 2nd would put things right because the old voters would have died.

Isn't that interview from 29th April 2019 https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/damian-green-over-50s-social-care-tax/

Where he put forward a few alternatives to raise money for the NHS?

Note: I am not a Tory sympathiser but do like all of the facts Also I am not on Facebook, Twitter etc.

• Like 1

What worries me is hearing - well - anything from that ************** Gina Miller. Who was on the news today plotting to her utmost to spoil the moment. Honestly, I wouldn't care at all if she was to expire. Intentionally or otherwise...

Edited by Skoda_newby
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Liger1956 said:

Isn't that interview from 29th April 2019 https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/damian-green-over-50s-social-care-tax/

Where he put forward a few alternatives to raise money for the NHS?

Note: I am not a Tory sympathiser but do like all of the facts Also I am not on Facebook, Twitter etc.

I think he was on again today as the election was picked apart 

2 minutes ago, Skoda_newby said:

What worries me is hearing - well - anything from that ************** Gina Miller. Who was on the news today plotting to her utmost to spoil the moment. Honestly, I wouldn't care at all if she was to expire. Intentionally or otherwise...

Without Gina Miller we would have had May's deal without any parliamentary scrutiny. 

Even the die hard Spartans are thankful to her for putting that out of the equation. 

It also stops any future PM from side stepping parliament. IE imagine if Corbyn had won, and tried to use executive privilege to nationalise everything and spend money without control? 

Gina Miller has prevented that scenario, so Corbyns nationisation and broadband plans were always a non starter ;)