New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

Powerful Skoda Octavia vRS will be a plug-in hybrid for the first time

• Next-gen Octavia vRS to be unveiled at 2020 Geneva Motor Show
  • Due in showrooms by the end of the year
  • Hatchback and estate versions

The next Skoda Octavia vRS will be unveiled at the 2020 Geneva Motor Show in March, before going on sale by the end of the year. Skoda has confirmed that the new car will have a plug-in hybrid powertrain, suggesting that a choice of petrol and diesel versions won’t be available for this fourth-generation model. You will, however, be able to choose between hatchback and estate body styles.

200124_skoda_octavia_rs_logo.jpg?itok=q76UdXR2

1 hour ago, vrskeith said:

Powerful Skoda Octavia vRS will be a plug-in hybrid for the first time

• Next-gen Octavia vRS to be unveiled at 2020 Geneva Motor Show
  • Due in showrooms by the end of the year
  • Hatchback and estate versions

The next Skoda Octavia vRS will be unveiled at the 2020 Geneva Motor Show in March, before going on sale by the end of the year. Skoda has confirmed that the new car will have a plug-in hybrid powertrain, suggesting that a choice of petrol and diesel versions won’t be available for this fourth-generation model. You will, however, be able to choose between hatchback and estate body styles.

200124_skoda_octavia_rs_logo.jpg?itok=q76UdXR2

Still only 180kw even in GTE form so, its NO INCREASE from current 245

Sorry to pee on anyone's party but, its NOT progress merely, stagnation 

18 hours ago, vrskeith said:

Skoda has confirmed that the new car will have a plug-in hybrid powertrain, suggesting that a choice of petrol and diesel versions won’t be available for this fourth-generation model. You will, however, be able to choose between hatchback and estate body styles.

I really hope that the vRS comes with more than the hybrid option, that would be bad news if it didn't imo. I can understand frustration in apparent lack of progress but things are going backwards over here in Ireland. No longer can we get the Superb in 190 TDI or the 272, 190 TSi not available either. Was hoping the new Octavia might offer an alternative, specifically the vRS, the Octavia has always offered more engine choice but according to the above that may also be changing, not good!

56 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Reports I've read suggest that there will be 3 vRS options: 2.0 petrol, 2.0 diesel and hybrid with 1.4 petrol.

That appears to be the options for those waiting for the Mk4. Hope they keep the 3 spoke flat bottomed steering wheel.

On 24/01/2020 at 21:53, themanwithnoaim said:

Still only 180kw even in GTE form so, its NO INCREASE from current 245

Sorry to pee on anyone's party but, its NOT progress merely, stagnation 

But with instant torque at 0rpm from the electric motors I suspect it will feel a lot more responsive.  

The whole Plug In hybrid thing is really a con to have the Manufacturers Average Emissions figures low and to help some with their Income Taxes.

Save some money and no emissions if running on Electric for the short distances.

As to the max power with ICE and Motors, that is a bit like the con that was Overboost on some engines, push to pass, and get your arse handed to you if you need that power over and over again as you try to stay with that actually powerful car in front.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/471401-superb-iv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, logiclee said:

But with instant torque at 0rpm from the electric motors I suspect it will feel a lot more responsive.  

Yeah, kinda feel the 33miles range will give 2 maybe 3 but, certainly not 4 flying starts & only 8 hours recharging inbetween. It's the car equivalent of a wonder bra, once it's gone, you're left feeling very disappointed 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah, kinda feel the 33miles range will give 2 maybe 3 but, certainly not 4 flying starts & only 8 hours recharging inbetween. It's the car equivalent of a wonder bra, once it's gone, you're left feeling very disappointed 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Depends how well they do it and Iv'e not tried a GTE. 

I've spent a bit of time in a 330E and never felt it totally without electric assistance.  It seems to always have a bit in reserve.

4 minutes ago, logiclee said:

Depends how well they do it and Iv'e not tried a GTE. 

I've spent a bit of time in a 330E and never felt it totally without electric assistance.  It seems to always have a bit in reserve.

With respect, that 3 litre BMW engine is always gonna "have a bit in reserve" compared to the 1.4 litre VAG engine, don't get me wrong, I tuned my old 1.4 to 203bhp & plus 300Nm but, it ain't gonna have any reserves when dragging 75-100Kg of batteries is it ?

I'll probably skip the batteries movement & wait for the Hydrogen fuel cells, a neighbour works in that field on the research side. Some of that stuff is well kool, I mean 2kNm from tap water fuelling 🤐🤐🤐🤐 but, you'll have to keep that to yourself.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

With respect, that 3 litre BMW engine is always gonna "have a bit in reserve" compared to the 1.4 litre VAG engine, don't get me wrong, I tuned my old 1.4 to 203bhp & plus 300Nm but, it ain't gonna have any reserves when dragging 75-100Kg of batteries is it ?

I'll probably skip the batteries movement & wait for the Hydrogen fuel cells, a neighbour works in that field on the research side. Some of that stuff is well kool, I mean 2kNm from tap water fuelling 🤐🤐🤐🤐 but, you'll have to keep that to yourself.

Tony the 330e has a 2.0litre turbo with 249bhp (252PS) plus additional power from the electric motor.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Tony the 330e has a 2.0litre turbo with 249bhp (252PS) plus additional power from the electric motor.

Wow, shows how interested I am in BMW's

Seriously, there doesn't seem to be anything out there tempting me change cars in August. Looked at the A6 55TFSI powerful but, the boot is still 35 litres smaller than mine & even with 14k discount it's still 43k to find/finance.

BTW, did your 245 have a GPF on the standard exhaust?  Looking at a remap if I keep it & the choice & power gains are very slim if it has.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Wow, shows how interested I am in BMW's

Seriously, there doesn't seem to be anything out there tempting me change cars in August. Looked at the A6 55TFSI powerful but, the boot is still 35 litres smaller than mine & even with 14k discount it's still 43k to find/finance.

BTW, did your 245 have a GPF on the standard exhaust?  Looking at a remap if I keep it & the choice & power gains are very slim if it has.

No the original 245 had no GPF just the later WLTP type ones with the aero 18" alloys and eco 225/40 tyres. Stage 1 map at say AmD in Grays not too far from you and they have done loads of Mk7 Golf GTi/R and at least 2 Octavia 2017 Vrs245 like your car. Mine was 302bhp with no mods and the other car had some intake/air filter mod and produced 305bhp which is enough in something as light as the Octy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

I think the 530e gets the 252PS 2,0 and a 95PS electric motor.

The 330E gets a the more efficient new 184PS 2.0i and has constant battery assistance for 252PS with 298PS available while "X-Boost" button is being pressed.