Speed Limiter

Sorry if this is a silly question, I have a 69 plate 1.0 SE Technology and I was a little confused today.

Do UK Octavias have Speed Limiters as I tried all the things mentioned in the manual to try and activate the limiter, but to no avail. I have a car with adaptive cruise so it would be a bit strange that it is in the manual but not activated.

I have a 245 Vrs ( 19 plate ) I don't have ACC but I do have the speed limiter. It is activated via the Maxi Dot.  I press the car image above the right hand thumb wheel on there steering wheel, tick the speed limiter box and then use the left hand stalk to set the speed ( cruise control buttons ) turn on and off 

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 11.34.30.png

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Mine only shows the Front Assist on or off when I activate the Maxidot so I assume I haven't got the limiter available.  Mine is only the mono Maxidot, but I assume that isn't an issue. 

The speed limiter is brilliant around town as it doesn't disengage when braking like the ACC does. In my area there are often speed traps to catch those doing about 35ish in 30 limit zones. I've been caught twice. Now the limiter is set to 29 mph until I'm well clear of town, them I use ACC.

I had the speed limiter on my previous Fabia SE L DSG but my current Octavia SE doesn't have it although it does have cruise control.  For me, I much prefer the speed limiter rather than cruise control as I do very few motorway miles now that I'm retired.  I'm getting used to life without the speed limiter but I still miss it.

So If I've got ACC and would also like to have the speed limiter it is possible to retrofit it by changing the ACC stalk and (presumably) needing an FeC code to enable the speed limiter function (or an engine ECU coding/adaptation change)?

Do Skoda do a dealer fit kit?

Just now, PetrolDave said:

So If I've got ACC and would also like to have the speed limiter it is possible to retrofit it by changing the ACC stalk and (presumably) needing an FeC code to enable the speed limiter function (or an engine ECU coding/adaptation change)?

On the current cars it appears to use a button on the steering wheel, I'm guessing it could be coded, but as it's a lease car I don't really want to go down that route.

15 hours ago, Kental said:

On the current cars it appears to use a button on the steering wheel, I'm guessing it could be coded, but as it's a lease car I don't really want to go down that route.

My car is a 2015, which I believe would still need the different ACC stalk?

• 2 years later...
  • Sponsor
On 17/11/2019 at 17:55, PetrolDave said:

Reviving an old thread for anybody who may come across this and wonder what the answer is 

Speed limiter can be enabled by fitting new stalks and 30 seconds of coding. No FEC required for it 🙂 

If you want a workaround to stop you creeping too fast, you can set the winter-tyre max speed alarm to shout at you once you reach a chosen speed.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, flecrocq said:

Bonjour, je suis en train de déterrer le sujet 😅 que j’ai ACC mais je voudrais ajouter le limiteur. Qui pourrait me donner le numéro de la tige avec le bouton de 

Hello, I am digging up the topic 😅 that I have ACC but would like to add the limiter.  Who could give me the number of the rod with the mode button?

• Sponsor
59 minutes ago, flecrocq said:

Hello, I am digging up the topic 😅 that I have ACC but would like to add the limiter.  Who could give me the number of the rod with the mode button?

It depends on what is currently fitted, as there's two possible manufacturers which aren't interchangeable 

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits