New VRS, no CD player, retro fit?

Hopefully this is not a question that has been asked before and answered, like, a million times!

Sorry if it has....

Anyway, I picked up my new VRS yesterday and it does not come with a CD slot just the two SD card ones.

My Kodiaq DID have a CD player facility and, I suppose, that was an Amundsen unit and my VRS has a Canton one?

The obvious question ( sorry!) is whether I can 'plug and play' and change the unit I have in the VRS for one that has a CD player facility?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, aVRSowner said:

Hopefully this is not a question that has been asked before and answered, like, a million times!

Sorry if it has....

Anyway, I picked up my new VRS yesterday and it does not come with a CD slot just the two SD card ones.

My Kodiaq DID have a CD player facility and, I suppose, that was an Amundsen unit and my VRS has a Canton one?

The obvious question ( sorry!) is whether I can 'plug and play' and change the unit I have in the VRS for one that has a CD player facility?

Thanks in advance.

As Kenny R states, stick them all on the SD card via the computer. That is what I did and I am a grandad!

• Like 3

Just now, roaddetective said:

As Kenny R states, stick them all on the SD card via the computer. That is what I did and I am a grandad!

SD card toting grandad here too 😎

Gaz

• Like 2

I'm a grandad too!

I still have vinyl albums and singles....

I don't see why you cannot have it all, SD card, CD player and the USB facility, which I have used for years now.

It's got nothing to do with age, it has everything to do with having the option! 😁

You can have it all, with a Columbus but not with an Amundsen. You can’t plug and play radio’s in these cars, extensive work and coding is needed to do that. Unfortunately it’s a case of popping the collection on an SD card or USB stick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

You can have it all, with a Columbus but not with an Amundsen. You can’t plug and play radio’s in these cars, extensive work and coding is needed to do that. Unfortunately it’s a case of popping the collection on an SD card or USB stick.

Ah, that's fair enough.

Thanks.😊

I've just discovered and downloaded stuff via Spotify onto my Android phone. Found I can play albums and play lists, via Bluetooth pairing to the car. All novel stuff to me. There is not an index of the available music though. I found all that burning and ripping of CDs on to USB tedious and time consuming. 

15 hours ago, gregoir said:

I've just discovered and downloaded stuff via Spotify onto my Android phone. Found I can play albums and play lists, via Bluetooth pairing to the car. All novel stuff to me. There is not an index of the available music though. I found all that burning and ripping of CDs on to USB tedious and time consuming. 

Install Andriod auto and use Spotify via it, far better experience 

On 22/12/2019 at 17:52, gregoir said:

Not quite sure why CD player is being frowned upon as the quality of music from CD is greater than anything being recorded on to memory card or worse still, on a phone via bluetooth can muster. Have CD (DVD) player in the Karoq, wish I also had one in my Octavia.

6 hours ago, Scot5 said:

Not quite sure why CD player is being frowned upon as the quality of music from CD is greater than anything being recorded on to memory card or worse still, on a phone via bluetooth can muster. Have CD (DVD) player in the Karoq, wish I also had one in my Octavia.

Fair enough in the home environment, but in a car with other noises going on, and a not a hi- fi quality system, speakers, or set up,  can you really tell the difference?

It also depends on what you set the sampling rate at if and when you rip the music off of a CD. 

I could have done it at 320kbps if I'd wanted to but I decided to use 192kbps which is a reasonable balance between quality and capacity. 

Sounds fine to me.

• Like 1

Another grandpa here buying up CDs and ripping them onto my laptop then adding to an SD card (USB port is used for mobile connection and Spotify) 

Got another dozen or so to do while I'm off work, what is the largest SD card capacity, I'm currently using a 32gb

I've been buying CDs from local charity shops, ripping them and donating them back to them. Every little helps👍

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Another grandpa here buying up CDs and ripping them onto my laptop then adding to an SD card (USB port is used for mobile connection and Spotify) 

Got another dozen or so to do while I'm off work, what is the largest SD card capacity, I'm currently using a 32gb

I've been buying CDs from local charity shops, ripping them and donating them back to them. Every little helps👍

+1 plus a load of CDs from my Aunt who died recently.

I'm currently using a 256GB SD card in my Octavia with over 15,000 music files on it.

• Thanks 1