Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

9 hours ago, tgneza said:

mst2_eu_sk_pq_p0359t is there a new software?

None that I can see

8 hours ago, tgneza said:

What is the difference between PQ and ZR? Can we use them alternately?

PQ = I think is Asia region (we don't see many of these software trains around in forum)

ZR = Russia irrc

I don't think you can swap, they might block the update from loading as it will read the existing software train and reject... I am sure they can be forced in if you take the unit to pieces perhaps.

3 minutes ago, varooom said:
9 hours ago, tgneza said:

mst2_eu_sk_pq_p0359t is there a new software?

None that I can see

VW Seat have one which is PQ_P0369 can I use this one?

6 minutes ago, varooom said:

PQ = I think is Asia region (we don't see many of these software trains around in forum)

ZR = Russia irrc

This software is EU so how this could be Asia or Rusia? On another forum PQ stand for unit and screen all together ZR unit is in glove box screen separate but I wanted to confirm.

11 minutes ago, varooom said:

None that I can see

ZR = Russia irrc

I don't think you can swap, they might block the update from loading as it will read the existing software train and reject... I am sure they can be forced in if you take the unit to pieces perhaps.

PQ and ZR does not describe the region. ZR is a Unit which has a Screen an the unit in/obove glove Box. PQ is Screen and Unit all together.

• Like 2

I always assumed that the PQ version were fitted to older PQx platform cars. The only Skoda example would be the 2015+ FL Yeti.

The ZR version is anything MQB based, so a MK3 Octavia, Superb etc.

That would generally fit into the PQ being all-in-one and ZR being split units but there are a few MQB all-in-one units (Blues, Stream for example) but I'm not sure if updates exist for them :)

• Like 2

MIB STD2 PQ are designed for vehicles of PQ25/PQ35 platforms and the screen and unit are one piece (located in one housing)
MIB STD2 ZR are designed for vehicles of platforms PQ26/PQ27(MQB-A0) and MQB. The screen and the unit are two different devices and are connected by an LVDS cable.

Well there we have it!  It's not one I have looked at before, and I read a post on here where someone said ZR was Russia (so clearly not correct information)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgneza said:

So VW and Seat both have PQ_P0369T why Skoda don't? Any chance that I can use their firmware to update my?

I would not recommend sticking on the VW/SEAT firmwares.

At the least the skin would be different, though that's not a big issue... but no idea what else has been changed under the hood.

Chances of bricking your unit would be high IMHO.

7 minutes ago, tgneza said:

So VW and Seat both have PQ_P0369T why Skoda don't? Any chance that I can use their firmware to update my?

It might well exist but that doesn't mean it's freely available online. Skoda don't publicly publish the updates so it relies on someone with a copy redistributing it.

The best way to check is to sign up to erwin, buy an hours access and check the TPI against your VIN. If there is an update it will show there and a Skoda dealer should be able to apply it :)

If they are friendly, you can always ask for a copy so you can help others.

5 minutes ago, langers2k said:

It might well exist but that doesn't mean it's freely available online. Skoda don't publicly publish the updates so it relies on someone with a copy redistributing it.

The best way to check is to sign up to erwin, buy an hours access and check the TPI against your VIN. If there is an update it will show there and a Skoda dealer should be able to apply it :)

If they are friendly, you can always ask for a copy so you can help others.

What is Erwin?

Just now, tgneza said:

What is Erwin?

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

erWin is the Electronic Repair and Workshop Information service from Skoda Auto for independent garages, vehicle fleets and all other companies which undertake professional level repairs and servicing of Škoda cars. erWin is also available to private individuals who want to repair their Skoda vehicle themselves.

I think you would be wasting your money trying to get the update, it's not in my collection.  Not every update is released, and it's not one I have seen.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I own the 5Q0 035 864 - MIB2 Skoda Amundsen with SW Train MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0468T.

I just bought it. I reset the unit to factory but now my DAB radio is not showing anymore, only FM. Can I upgrade this unit to get it back? And is there an update available?

thanks

7 minutes ago, KoenG said:

Hi, I own the 5Q0 035 864 - MIB2 Skoda Amundsen with SW Train MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0468T.

I just bought it. I reset the unit to factory but now my DAB radio is not showing anymore, only FM. Can I upgrade this unit to get it back? And is there an update available?

thanks

There's update to 0480, when you say just brought it, do you mean car or replacement radio?

Hi, Just bought the car. So wanted to reset everything and update to latest firmware. Especially that now the DAB is gone. It was there when I bought it. On my way home I did a factory reset of the unit and now DAB is gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoenG said:

Hi, Just bought the car. So wanted to reset everything and update to latest firmware. Especially that now the DAB is gone. It was there when I bought it. On my way home I did a factory reset of the unit and now DAB is gone.

Well I can send link to 0480 via PM, and you can load it on.