Social Distancing support, advice and tips & a little humour.

@Lee

With lockdown conditions imposed in many countries to try to prevent the spread of coronavirus, everyday activities such as shopping are going to be different from usual for some time.

Here are some tips on how to practice physical distancing while purchasing essential food and medical supplies.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/practical-tips-physical-distancing-shopping-lockdown-coronavirus-supplies?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&#Echobox=1585331545

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

There is a short list of those that have access to one door to the yard when returning keys to the driver. Camera inside warehouse covering door and another on the outside of the door so anyone stupid enough to try will get captured and caught red handed with Mickey or Minnie.

So why the need for you (your company) to search the drivers cab's then????

I can understand drivers not liking this, especially if there is no real reason (the reason you gave seems to be covered by the cameras) for them to be searched.

It is their personal space, at least the way they would see it and especially if they are long distance driving........they will have personal things in there.

Company policy I guess but does that give them a right to insist on this search???

The stand 2 meters apart when in a queue advice is no use as you stand 2 meters back from the person in front and the person behind moves close to you and you then need to turn and ask them to move further back yet behind them a queue is forming and they are just a muppet.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

The stand 2 meters apart when in a queue advice is no use as you stand 2 meters back from the person in front and the person behind moves close to you and you then need to turn and ask them to move further back yet behind them a queue is forming and they are just a muppet.

I have a 2 metre stick, which I can prod them in the ribs with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fix a hoop on the end like for a butterfly net but instead put a bag on the hoop. Head in bag and a quick movement forward or back, to knock them off balance.

They should get taken to the ground and dragged outside ready for collection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

You stand 2m behind person in front and use your trolley behind you to keep the following horde of proto zombies away. Use pointy end of trolley dragged backwards so the sanitised handle remains safe - wash hands anyway.

• Thanks 2

^^^ that reminds me when I had my Saab 93

Cat was sat on the bonnet of the car and with the fob you could set the so called 'panic alarm', off................(full horn car alarm)

.............cue one very startled cat literally jumping up into the air wondering WTF, meeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww off it shot....I think he left claw marks in my bonnet.

Looked a bit like cartoon cat getting electrocuted.....................Nearly pi55ed myself with laughter, so funny..........poor cat, lol. 

• Haha 1

When it jumps on the bonnet it's always the driver's side and walks up the windscreen in front of my side then along the roof and being Black it really shows up. This is why I never Polish my car it would be a complete waste of time.

36 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

When it jumps on the bonnet it's always the driver's side and walks up the windscreen in front of my side then along the roof and being Black it really shows up. This is why I never Polish my car it would be a complete waste of time.

It is trying to tell you your car is in it's way, Lol.

And Is that really the reason you don't polish it,  Lol.

It may be worthwhile polishing it as the cat may not like the slippery surface.....Otherwise, cover it in Marmite, see if that works, the car that is, not the cat, Lol.

I love Marmite btw.................................Sorry Lee, way off topic

Edited by Tilt

that can be a risky tactic... ive done it often, in the olde days, and discovered they hadnt restocked stuff i need yet, so end up making another trip

Skipped straight to page 4,so probably covered by someone else. 

To avoid going crazy at not seeing my kids, my partner, and my family I've taken a few days out ahead of starting a schedule tomorrow to not only keep me busy, but make the transition to normality easier. 

Weekends are free time. 

Have daily tasks on tidying the home, garden and garage. 

Time to learn a language 

Exercise daily except Sunday. 

I'm also avoiding news until evening news. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wino said:

Tesco was lovely and empty of people but fairly full of food at 9pm tonight (closed at 10).  Surprised such a simple tactic worked so well.

Tactic we use. Dog walking in park next to Sainsbury ,and if no queues ,we go in. We often take dog for a last walk about 6-7 and check out supermarkets to look for stuff we need. Works quite well as we've not seen any queues at that time and shelves are reasonably well stocked and more importantly- few customers in store. It's a simple solution we use .If there's a queue ,thn other supermarkets are available.

On 27/03/2020 at 19:53, moley said:

I have a 2 metre stick, which I can prod them in the ribs with.

Before "social distancing" became a buzzword, I had problems  at customer service counters. I'd take stuff to counter in my scooter and once served find I'd have a brain dead shopper standing so close behind that when I moved back, I'd almost clip their toes. These days I'm in a scooter, so I "must have " some horrible disease ( it's hip problems dearie), so thy stand well clear at the rear and almost jump out of the way if I reverse. 2metre stick- I' tempted to mount a cattle prod on one. Or get Swimbo to carry a bell and go round store sounding bell and shouting "unclean". In Aldi, I'd suggest the cattle prod on a stick, as English seems not the preferred language.

Well, as suspected, and I suspect probably going on much more than some may think.........

On the news on tv last night, police break up a house karaoke party in Derby containing twenty five adults and children......

And loaves of bread and packets of meat found in street bins (I think it was street bins)........

Saying no more.......:shake:

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Tilt said:

Well, as suspected, and I suspect probably going on much more than some may think.........

On the news on tv last night, police break up a house karaoke party in Derby containing twenty five adults and children......

And loaves of bread and packets of meat found in street bins (I think it was street bins)........

Saying no more.......:shake:

^^^ this one.

Party food

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52084653

• Sad 1

Local Sainsburys yesterday were enforcing the 2m gap. People were queuing outside earlier but not when I went in.

It was quiet so it was easy to keep a gap. Plenty of numpties going round with wooly scarves over their faces. One women had it over her mouth but not her nose. I suppsoe it didn't matter since a scarf is going to do nothing anyway.

We had to load from the end of tills, which is great at keeping you about 2m away but fails somewhat when you have to get within 0.5m of the checkout operator to load your stuff and pay.

Plenty of food even shelves of paracetamol, but not TP or tinned meat.

No surprise there is loads of waste going on, people are idiots.

Edited by Aspman

2 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Local Sainsburys yesterday were enforcing the 2m gap. People were queuing outside earlier but not when I went in.

It was quiet so it was easy to keep a gap. Plenty of numpties going round with wooly scarves over their faces. One women had it over her mouth but not her nose. I suppsoe it didn't matter since a scarf is going to do nothing anyway.

We had to load from the end of tills, which is great at keeping you about 2m away but fails somewhat when you have to get within 0.5m of the checkout operator to load your stuff and pay.

Plenty of food even shelves of paracetamol, but not TP or tinned meat.

The wife uses the self scan in Sainsburys, so no contact with staff. They are going to, or have introduced an app for your phone where you can shop and pay all through the phone.

4 hours ago, moley said:

The wife uses the self scan in Sainsburys, so no contact with staff. They are going to, or have introduced an app for your phone where you can shop and pay all through the phone.

They have, but I don't have it. Same with Tesco I'm the one without a clubcard so the scan and shop thing is not use to me.