KPH/MPH

10 hours ago, Gax said:

Software version (I think) is now showing as 0892.

I hate to put a downer on this but my car was delivered with version 0892.

After driving to work in the cold this morning and not being able to use the heater I decided to book the car in with the dealers for 27th April.

The issues I've raised are:

1) Touchscreen not working (at least three times a week).

2) When the touchscreen isn't working I get a message saying manoeuvre braking not available.

3) When touchscreen isn't working the rear parking sensors don't work.

Have any of those that Skoda UK asked for their cars to go to the dealers had any feedback as of yet.  I’m curious as mine goes in on Tuesday and I’ll like know how long it is likely to be and also to see if their is consistency with what I will be told when handing the car over. Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Ajdude said:

Have any of those that Skoda UK asked for their cars to go to the dealers had any feedback as of yet.  I’m curious as mine goes in on Tuesday and I’ll like know how long it is likely to be and also to see if their is consistency with what I will be told when handing the car over. Thanks. 

I sent my details to Honest John (I think I was the 6th owner to contact him) and have heard nothing from Skoda UK.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, fossman said:

I sent my details to Honest John (I think I was the 6th owner to contact him) and have heard nothing from Skoda UK.

To answer your question: nothing as yet. Mine went in on April 7th and I have heard nothing at all. When I handed my car over, I gave them a list of 8 things I wanted them to look at. I was told it would be at least 2 weeks. I would have thought some kind of update would have been nice by now.

9 minutes ago, fossman said:

Odd. I sent him an update and he got back to me on the same day. He has contacted Skoda again.

Going to write and formally reject my car.

Been out last two days to witness a catalogue of errors, now including a permanent warning that the oil sensor is faulty.

I'm up at the ceiling at the moment, livid is too light a word...

31 minutes ago, Gax said:

Going to write and formally reject my car.

Been out last two days to witness a catalogue of errors, now including a permanent warning that the oil sensor is faulty.

I'm up at the ceiling at the moment, livid is too light a word...

Totally understandable.  I don’t think I’ve had the same number of problems as yourself, but it does make me nervous if things start to happen further down the road!  I’m ready to say goodbye to this car!  Shame as my first experience of Skoda!  

• Thanks 1

Has anyone received their long term courtesy car through the MOBEX system?  In a rather frustrating conversation with the local dealer (not where I bought my car from) they were going to offer me a fabia as a replacement and on questioning this said it would now go through the MOBEX system via Skoda UK.  A quick google search suggests it's a VW scheme set up to provide cars for those having delays on orders.

My first experience with my local dealer has not filled me with any confidence.

3 hours ago, Ajdude said:

Has anyone received their long term courtesy car through the MOBEX system?  In a rather frustrating conversation with the local dealer (not where I bought my car from) they were going to offer me a fabia as a replacement and on questioning this said it would now go through the MOBEX system via Skoda UK.  A quick google search suggests it's a VW scheme set up to provide cars for those having delays on orders.

My first experience with my local dealer has not filled me with any confidence.

I was told I was getting a car the same size as my Octavia. I got a Kamiq! Nice car, but now we can go further afield, it is impossible to get the kids bikes in the back. Very frustrating.

Hi,

My car went back at the end of March / beginning of April, and last week I received a courtesy car via Skoda. I had to badger the hell out of them with help from my dealer.

The dealer has said there is a fault within one of the modules concerning the over active ACC/anti-collision, but I've received no update regarding the MPH/KPH issue. Sadly, I have started the process to reject the car.

It's funny, I received a Mk4 1,5 TSI estate (base model) as my loan car and this has just re-enforced my want to be shot of anything Skoda. On cold mornings the thing is kangaroo city, and the infotainment system, although 'B' revision hardware, exhibits freezing and I've already had the Front collision mitigation and emergency call errors... not impressed.

Cheers

Phil

My car has problems as you all have said plus nav probs. Nav telling me im 5 miles or more away from where i am. See , some would say , just use android. Yes i will , but i get distracted from driving due to the system glitches , its creating a real risk for driving and causing an accident due to the **** that is displayed on that NOT UK FRIENDLY screen. Built for the left hand drive with scant regard for us.

My car now going in for a week to look at the " we have no idea on that nav problem but we have 2 other cars we are working on with the same problem". There are too many of us with too many problems on a car that is the main bread and butter for Skoda , a car that has always been the goto for reliability and longevity for cab owners. Skoda and VW will solve this and it better be soon!!  

@TheUltraRunnerThanks for this.

Did they mention any changelog or timeline for the 1671?

Just now, just music said:

What about D itself?

I believe D are running 17xx already so, they would be included in 18xx

4 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

From German forum.
Looks like devices ending with <D will get 1671 SW and devices >D will get 1803 SW version.

image.png.c4b39fdc815c07c06a965f18044e39e4.png

This today from Kate Laws:

We are aware of a small number of OCTAVIA A8 vehicles which have reported some interruptions in the functionality of certain driver assist systems, which is being investigated. ŠKODA UK are always looking to improve the operating parameters of our vehicles during their life span and we understand a software update will be released shortly which should address these experiences.

1 hour ago, Skody123 said:

This today from Kate Laws:

We are aware of a small number of OCTAVIA A8 vehicles which have reported some interruptions in the functionality of certain driver assist systems, which is being investigated. ŠKODA UK are always looking to improve the operating parameters of our vehicles during their life span and we understand a software update will be released shortly which should address these experiences.

That’s the stock response that a number of us have had from Skoda UK.  

My car went in today with Skoda for an unknown period.  

The courtesy car they gave me is.....a ford Kuga.  Brand spanking new.  Maybe that’s the strategy.....give me something worse so I’ll appreciate mine even if not fixed.  Seriously, my last car was a ford that we replaced with the octavia, so it’ll make a good comparison.  I was hoping for Kodiaq though. 

Well I've now had a call from the supplying Dealer advising me that Skoda are going to supply me with a loan car and want the car at the Dealership. I then had a call from Europcar and have gone through the process with them of booking a car. Don't know what it will be yet. So some progress but as I understand it we don't know when the Dealer's will get the necessary fix. 

55 minutes ago, spearmg said:

Well I've now had a call from the supplying Dealer advising me that Skoda are going to supply me with a loan car and want the car at the Dealership. I then had a call from Europcar and have gone through the process with them of booking a car. Don't know what it will be yet. So some progress but as I understand it we don't know when the Dealer's will get the necessary fix. 

My loan car was from Europcar....hence the Ford Kuga!

My car is going in for the first time on Tuesday.

I asked the dealer what will happen if the intermittent fault doesn't occur while they have the car. They told me the previous errors will show up in the history when they hook it up to the computer.

I'm assuming they will not be able to solve the issues so how have you guys managed to get loan cars?

20 minutes ago, fossman said:

My car is going in for the first time on Tuesday.

I asked the dealer what will happen if the intermittent fault doesn't occur while they have the car. They told me the previous errors will show up in the history when they hook it up to the computer.

I'm assuming they will not be able to solve the issues so how have you guys managed to get loan cars?

It doesn't. I nearly crashed because of the emergency breaking system and the dealership have said the car didn't log it! Amazing.