SportLine radio screen

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2020 at 09:04, SashaGrace said:

Also coded other goodies like the seat comfort access with working radio toggle

627A994A-88FD-415A-B019-1E202BC5526B.thumb.jpeg.485045b1431a0a8b80b3865a246f57a3.jpeg

Sasha, how did you enable the menu in the infotainment for the seats?

Mine doesn't have it, now I've got VCDS I have compared the coding after changing it with Carista and confirmed its byte 3 bit 1 to enable or disable it but I can't seem to get that menu to show on the touchscreen.

Seat Easy Entry Coding.jpg

seat easy entry.jpg

On 22/09/2020 at 18:47, SashaGrace said:

Right oh. If you get something that can take a scan of the adaptations/coding on the instruments I’d love to see it as I couldn’t get the SportLine screen on the Maxidot on the car I had in.

Also I confirmed the coding for the MFD startup splash screens as below:

Version 6 is Sportline on mine as I posted originally.

MFD Splash Screen Byte.jpg

MFD splash screen coding.jpg

• Like 2

Edited post as I've now sussed this out, enabling the Seats menu and comfort entry toggle as below:

Long coding byte 3 bit 1 to enable comfort entry:

790757147_seateasyentrycodingbyte3bit1.jpg.057170f136b53d01f69ac082cd541e52.jpg

Then byte 9 bit 6 (part 1)

985780561_SeatsMenuCodingByte9Bit6.jpg.75e233bb03b7f1fa1411790c47afb695.jpg

and then adaptions gen2 menu display seat configuration (part 2)

180838253_SeatsMenuAdaptation.jpg.1d1df7d55fc86894daecd3be24218fe1.jpg

• Like 1

Just wondering do you invalidate your warranty every time you change the coding on your car or does your dealer authorise it and you keep the warranty. Also do you inform your insurance company of all these changes because if an accident is caused as a result of messing with the coding you would be up the creek without a paddle.:notme:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Just wondering do you invalidate your warranty every time you change the coding on your car or does your dealer authorise it and you keep the warranty. Also do you inform your insurance company of all these changes because if an accident is caused as a result of messing with the coding you would be up the creek without a paddle.:notme:

I suppose that's similar to you asking your dealer if Skoda minded your car being remapped and would honour the warranty if something went wrong.

You did ask your dealer before going ahead with it didn't you? B)

Anyway, this thread is about the ability and wherewithal to be able to 'tinker' for want of a better word, with the screen settings -  not wondering if a Bentley clock face will end up causing an accident and invalidating the insurance cover.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I suppose that's similar to you asking your dealer if Skoda minded your car being remapped and would honour the warranty if something went wrong.

You did ask your dealer before going ahead with it didn't you? B)

Anyway, this thread is about the ability and wherewithal to be able to 'tinker' for want of a better word, with the screen settings -  not wondering if a Bentley clock face will end up causing an accident and invalidating the insurance cover.

I think he's just a bit jealous cos he'd like to have all of those little thingies of-course but he can't do computers and coding is my guess...?!  :tongueout:

• Haha 1

On 21/09/2020 at 10:04, SashaGrace said:

And 30 colour lighting with pre coding for RGB footwell lighting which is a retrofit that is coming soon!!

238A668E-26C5-4CDB-8B6B-3F8D1416F89C.thumb.jpeg.d34dd97603c440e01e82802f6b623f76.jpeg

Sashaaa!   How did you enable RGB lighting for the footwell??? I have a MY19 MIB2.5 and I have added extra ambient colours all-right but the footwell remains white. Making it follow the ambient light colours would take the cabin feel to the next level!

Or you need aftermarket H/W for this?? Sorry, I need to know about this like... within the next 30min please! :D  (No, but seriously...)

18 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Sashaaa!   How did you enable RGB lighting for the footwell??? I have a MY19 MIB2.5 and I have added extra ambient colours all-right but the footwell remains white. Making it follow the ambient light colours would take the cabin feel to the next level!

Or you need aftermarket H/W for this?? Sorry, I need to know about this like... within the next 30min please! :D  (No, but seriously...)

You do need the RGB panel lights from an Audi and the wiring and a BCM that supports footwell lighting (ending 084 or 085). For this car I took the scan and it is compatible and I pre coded but the hardware I am waiting on and I’ll be able to offer this retrofit soon.

Just now, SashaGrace said:

You do need the RGB panel lights from an Audi and the wiring and a BCM that supports footwell lighting (ending 084 or 085). For this car I took the scan and it is compatible and I pre coded but the hardware I am waiting on and I’ll be able to offer this retrofit soon.

I'd gladly pay you to do mine rest assured but I am just a bit... far from you I'm afraid :D  Am I allowed to bug you about details via PM? 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 26/09/2020 at 21:50, Chet said:

Brilliant!

SW version 1440 has a new option 9 for a second RS screen with a red logo

img_2.png

I can help me for activate this on my Columbus?  

unnamed.jpg