Mib 2 high and 2.5 high SW update

On 14/10/2020 at 05:30, SkudMissile21 said:

Just a word of warning to anyone here doing a diy firmware upgrade, it seems it’s possible you may end up with a fault code logged that cannot be cleared afterwards (Carista lists it as “01555 motors for central locking SAVE”) which research has led me to believe is actually a flag the dealers use to see when hardware or firmware has been changed and it looks like VCDS is needed to calculate a hex value and enter into the adaptions to clear the flag.

Carista screenshot below and link to the info I found when searching the code from within the Carista app (links to a web search for vag fault code 01555)

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/strange-fault-after-fitting-8”-screen.361269/

Appologies if this turns out to be a red herring - I’ve got VCDS on order now so will update if / when I am able to clear my fault

B445F513-829E-4A21-8284-C8D64A35B43B.png

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, although I've been gleaning wisdom from it since March when I got my first Skoda, a 2017 Octavia SE L Estate 1.4 TSI DSG, which I LOVE!

This afternoon I borrowed my mates Carista & noticed exactly the same error code (01555) as Skudmissile21 mentions in his post - hence I finally got around to joining the forum!

My car has the Amundsen infotainment system & the dealer replaced the screen as a goodwill gesture as shortly after I bought it I noticed a vertical line of dead pixels on the screen (something to do with TPI 2051234/5 I believe). My question is, should/would this error code be generated by having the screen replaced even though it was done by a main dealer?! As I understand it in this instance the error code doesn't actually mean there is anything wrong & shouldn't cause any issues, however now that I know it's there it's set my OCD off & I've got a twitch! 

Any advice/help appreciated :)

Thanks SkudMissile21, appreciate your help! :)  I don't know of anyone near me (Eastleigh, Hampshire)  with VCDS yet so I'll have to wait, but at least I know that, although it's creating the fault code, it's not an issue as such.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I stumbled across this Post looking for the update for my Skoda multimedia after obd eleven informed me that my software is out of date.

I currently have MST_EU_SK_ZR_P0241T , Am I correct that the update MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0253T_V0020171002 is the correct file for my system?

Regards

Macca

• 1 year later...
On 14/10/2020 at 10:22, RomanB said:

VCDS CODING
5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
Note your current coding
Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
Calculation: (current coding) XOR C9D2
Change the adaptation channel to the new (just calculated) code
VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
Check for fault codes (generated by the update) and clear them (software version, interrupted communication, etc.)
Note that VCDS shows your code on the adaptation channel with a space ('xx xx' format).You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code. At the point you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again.
EXAMPLE (don't use these values):
'1A 1A' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
1A1A XOR C9D2 equals D3C8
Enter it as 'D3 C8' (with space) on the adaptation channel
If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (if it's 0AFB for example calculate with AFB

Also you can use link http://mib-helper.com/im-so-xory/

Can I do this using ODIS too? I have ordered VAS 5054a for myself and intend to do upgrade of my MIB 2 STD(Ambudsen) 369T FW to 480T. I heard i can expect similar error code. Any guidance here would be appreciated 👍.

• 1 month later...

Bumping the thread on behalf of the new French contributor, if anyone can help him with this please do as infotainment is beyond my skill set. @ld31

Edited by J.R.
  • Love it! 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mstkrs said:
This is the current multimedia software version of my vehicle. Is there an update file? How can I hope? @Thanks.

IMG202401191800091.jpg

Show train version 

On 10/12/2023 at 16:16, RozhkovDim said:

Hello everyone,

my current version is this one MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4520, I'm looking for the new update...

Do you have a link please?

SkodaSuperb.jpg

P4526

Google it mibsolution