OBDeleven must haves?

Changing the subject slightly - can OBD 11 change the lights when unlocking the car? When its dark the dipped beams and rear lights come on. Is it possible to have only the front DRLs (or fogs?) and rear lights to come on when unlocking regardless of time?

1 minute ago, Swirly182 said:

Changing the subject slightly - can OBD 11 change the lights when unlocking the car? When its dark the dipped beams and rear lights come on. Is it possible to have only the front DRLs (or fogs?) and rear lights to come on when unlocking regardless of time?

Yes. I think there is a set of instructions in the VCDS section. 

• Thanks 1

coming home lights are directly connected to auto lights, I believe, so they won't come on if it's light out. 

The rest should be in the coding thread, it's on the oneNote notebook. 

- Bret

• 1 year later...
On 21/10/2020 at 01:06, Stonker said:

I have changed the lux setting on my auto lights, so basically they revert back to dipped beam earlier as these led lights can dazzle like a gud un for the poor unsuspecting oncoming drivers. And another one with the front lights is that you can change the mph threshold for the full beam activation, basically because (when I travel to work, currently I'm WFH still since march) I travel a lot of small country lanes to and from work, so I have reduced the mph threshold so the full beam comes on at a lower speed, rather than the factory set speed, iirc it's set at 40 ish plus mph

Also I have enabled the "other" rear fog light so I have one on both sides now rather than just one side. (You should find the bulb is already fitted)

Also useful for summer or when a rain shower occurres out the blue is the remote button long press to lower or raise all the electric windows while simultaneously locking or unlocking the car doors.

There is a stereo enhancement, iirc it adds an extra bass control to the standard stereo system.

These are just a few of those that"may" be possible, it all depends on the factory fitted equipment you already have. Good luck and enjoy, plenty of info on here and some stickies with lots of info.

Hi, can you tell me how you changed the Hba activation speed? I can only find instructions for doing in it on the pfl, and mine's a fl model. 

Cheers 

11 hours ago, mczakk said:

Hi, can you tell me how you changed the Hba activation speed? I can only find instructions for doing in it on the pfl, and mine's a fl model. 

Cheers 

Which camera do you have, the instructions are different for the basic (20) camera and the high-spec (A5) camera.

I've done both types pfl, my first Octavia was a 2015 model with a 20 and the current one a 2016 model with an A5.

16 hours ago, mczakk said:

Cheers 

Hi, my Octavia is pfl on a 67 plate, so I quite possibly followed the instructions you have found, it's a long time back now.

If like you mentioned that fl models are different somehow, I'm not sure if you will be able to change it? Unless you can find another way in to the coding area where it sits for pfl models?

54 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Hi, my Octavia is pfl on a 67 plate, so I quite possibly followed the instructions you have found, it's a long time back now.

If like you mentioned that fl models are different somehow, I'm not sure if you will be able to change it? Unless you can find another way in to the coding area where it sits for pfl models?

I can second that, my 2019 FL does not have control unit 20, so no can do!!

• 2 months later...

Did anyone manage to adjust the speed? I have a 68 plate vrs i've just setup auto high beam. I think i have the A5 camera

i have a5 in the menu but no 20. I too find i have to give it some for them to come on.

15 hours ago, mattft86 said:

Did anyone manage to adjust the speed? I have a 68 plate vrs i've just setup auto high beam. I think i have the A5 camera

i have a5 in the menu but no 20. I too find i have to give it some for them to come on.

These changes worked on my 2016 L&K.

Change High Beam Assist Speed Settings – DONE

Controller  A5 – High Beam Assist

10- Adaptations

Change IDE03885-Speed threshold for high beam recommendation off from 27 to 17 (km/h)

Change IDE03886-Activation speed for high beam assistant from 57 to 27 (km/h)

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

These changes worked on my 2016 L&K.

Change High Beam Assist Speed Settings – DONE

Controller  A5 – High Beam Assist

10- Adaptations

Change IDE03885-Speed threshold for high beam recommendation off from 27 to 17 (km/h)

Ok thank you would that be the same for obdeleven?

2 minutes ago, mattft86 said:

Ok thank you would that be the same for obdeleven?

Yes, diagnostics are not tool dependent - VCDS & OBDEleven just have a different GUI but 'under the hood' they both rely on the VAG diagnostics firmware in the modules on the car.

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

Yes, diagnostics are not tool dependent - VCDS & OBDEleven just have a different GUI but 'under the hood' they both rely on the VAG diagnostics firmware in the modules on the car.

Ok I did have a look yesterday under the a5 but couldn’t find anything relating to high beam assist. 

On 10/10/2022 at 07:41, PetrolDave said:

Which camera do you have, the instructions are different for the basic (20) camera and the high-spec (A5) camera.

I've done both types pfl, my first Octavia was a 2015 model with a 20 and the current one a 2016 model with an A5.

I'm sure I have the A5, mine is a 19 plate 245. In obd11 I don't have a '20' control unit but do have an 'A5' 

On 22/12/2022 at 10:22, mattft86 said:

Sorry to sound stupid but im new to obdeleven IDE numbers?

Look at my post

31 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Look at my post

I think he was referring to the fact that you can't see IDE numbers in OBDeleven, I had a good look yesterday and couldn't find them anywhere. 

4 hours ago, mczakk said:

I think he was referring to the fact that you can't see IDE numbers in OBDeleven, I had a good look yesterday and couldn't find them anywhere. 

Yes I can’t find it anywhere. There must be a way of doing it somewhere. My high beam comes on at 40mph and for the roads where I live sometimes you can’t get up to that before you need high beam. 

2 hours ago, mattft86 said:

Yes I can’t find it anywhere. There must be a way of doing it somewhere. My high beam comes on at 40mph and for the roads where I live sometimes you can’t get up to that before you need high beam. 

When I experimented with lowering the headlight beam assist speeds, I followed the instructions here:

In OBDEleven, the screens are obviously different. I'll attach screenshots of what screens I used to adjust the beam assist speeds.
I ended up switching them back to factory speeds as I don't do enough driving on lower speed dark rural roads.
Not the speeds are listed in KM per hour rather than Miles per hour.
Hopefully this helps.

OBDeleven1.png

OBDeleven2.png

OBDeleven3.png

OBDeleven4.png

OBDeleven5.png

• Like 1

On 20/10/2020 at 12:05, andyknoxville said:

Hi,

Apologies as this has probably been asked before (I did try using the search function and also googled as well for answers).

I'm looking to buy an OBDeleven device to unlock features on my new Octavia VRS 245.

The ones I highlighted so far that I would like too unlock/activate are:

High beam assist

Mirror dip

Lock/Unlock acoustic confirmation

Gauge test – needle sweep

Auto folding mirrors

Are there any others that people would recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Andy

Cornering fog lights. This is awesome. fog light comes on with indication on left or right and also with steering wheels turning on left and right. I have also changed my halogen fog lights to LED. Super cool.

Edited by automass

On 24/12/2022 at 00:15, hhcd80 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. But not it dose not come up. 

4 hours ago, mattft86 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. But not it dose not come up. 

I am assuming that you have already enabled beam assist from your previous comments. The list of adaptations does have a search function as well. If you still can't find it, then it might be a change in your particular car. Looking at your profile you say your Octy is a 2018 model so assuming a facelift variant. That may have something to do with it.