Wireless android auto

parsey83

Hi.

I have a Samsung note 20 which has just been updated to android 11 which allows wireless android auto. I’ve enabled it on the phone etc but has anyone managed to get wireless android auto working as yet? Can’t get it to connect wirelessly

28 minutes ago, parsey83 said:

Hi.

I have a Samsung note 20 which has just been updated to android 11 which allows wireless android auto. I’ve enabled it on the phone etc but has anyone managed to get wireless android auto working as yet? Can’t get it to connect wirelessly

have you connected to car wifi?

suffering from the same with a Samsung S10...not being able to connect WLAN, just Bluetooth for now... the QR code gives error while reading with the phone... alternative way to do it ?

On 23/12/2020 at 23:35, PCampos said:

suffering from the same with a Samsung S10...not being able to connect WLAN, just Bluetooth for now... the QR code gives error while reading with the phone... alternative way to do it ?

try creating a hotspot 2.4g not 5g

Samsung on Android 10 should have connected wirelessly without any need for version 11 ( I believe Samsung S10 only required Android 9 for wireless connection).

My advice would be to set the infotainment back to factory default settings, remove and reinstall the latest Android Auto app on your phones and go thru the setup process again.

Hey, 

So I tried with a Huawei device with Android 10 on my car, but the infotainment keeps telling me that I NEED the usb cable in order for android auto to work, and that is regardless of what phone I try. 

I also tried with Samsung S8 and still failed miserably, considering it was with Android 9 on it.

Is it possible that someone shows this working with the setup and screen showing while connecting? 

That would be very helpful to me and possibly many others! 

Thanks in advance! 

3 hours ago, ShEfA said:

Hey, 

So I tried with a Huawei device with Android 10 on my car...

Your phone is not compatible with Wireless. The only phones wireless compatible with Android 10 are Samsung phones and the latest Google pixel phones.

With Android 11, any phone should work.  ( I haven't tried as I do not have Android 11 )

Note: a requirement for wireless Android Auto is your phone has to be capable of receiving 5Ghz WiFi. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Scot5 said:

Your phone is not compatible with Wireless. The only phones wireless compatible with Android 10 are Samsung phones and the latest Google pixel phones.

With Android 11, any phone should work.  ( I haven't tried as I do not have Android 11 )

Note: a requirement for wireless Android Auto is your phone has to be capable of receiving 5Ghz WiFi. 

I have a note 20 ultra running android 11 (only updated within last few days) and can’t get it to work either unfortunately 

1 hour ago, parsey83 said:

I have a note 20 ultra running android 11 (only updated within last few days) and can’t get it to work either unfortunately 

Did you do as I suggested above? Clear your phone of any current Skoda wifi connections then delelte and re-install the latest Android Auto.  Reset your infotainment back to factory settings and start the configuration wizard ( it should do that automatically ).

I've found the latest MIB3 software not to be the greatest therefore you have to follow the above steps to clear out any current ref. to the phone. When Android Auto starts it should automatically look out for a wireless connection to your phone, all you should have to do is acknowledge the requests.

Hello, 

I tried hooking up my car to a friend's Galaxy S20 just now and it did not work. 

Is it possible for someone to take a photo of the screen that comes up when you choose Android auto for the connection? For me it says that a cable connection is required. Do you guys have such notification?

Hi Guys! I have the following issue: I cannot find in infotainment the WLAN!!! So, I cannot set up the WLAN hotspot. As per the manual I looked after MENU, SETTINGS, WLAN, HOTSPOT WLAN. It is missing....

I've tried pretty much every tip and trick I managed to find on the internet, yet for some reason my Pixel 2 XL does not want to start AA wirelessly. It's quite frustrating. 

I'm really not sure the car supports wireless Android auto. Anyone got a picture of their smart link screen and it working wirelessly?

To be honest I'm happy plugging it in. Keeps the phone charged then too

It should, and AFAIK, it works with Apple Carplay. SCALA and KAMIQ support it and I've also seen YouTube vids where they connect wirelessly in a Kodiaq. No reason why the newest Octavia wouldn't. I'm going to contact my dealer once nonessential services open up again. Here's hoping they'll push some software update to fix this for us Android users.

Here is what is showing on my Octavia's screen when I tap Android auto. 

I read the manual and, to make things weirder, it says that connecting Android auto wirelessly works on Android version 5 and above. 

I really would be glad if someone who was able to have this working would record a video. 

20210111_093309.jpg

2 hours ago, ShEfA said:

I read the manual and, to make things weirder, it says that connecting Android auto wirelessly works on Android version 5 and above.

I'd find that very surprising indeed. On what page of the manual does it say this?

The requirements of wireless Android Auto have been pointed out several times on this forum, that statement in whatever manual you're referring to is completley inaccurate. Are you sure you've read it correctly?

Edited by Guest

Exact same on mine. 

The only thing I've found in the manual is this:

Screenshot_20210108-223910.thumb.png.1d18050f9466f530973fb150060db3b7.png

So I'll just take a guess here and say that it likely doesn't work for anybody. Maybe some select phones, like some Samsung models, but definitely not for every other compatible android phone. 

I've tried with teo Pixel phones running Android 11 and couldn't connect either.

20 minutes ago, RRovan said:

Exact same on mine.  So I'll just take a guess here...

There's no need to guess. That copy of the manual you've posted says the minimum version for Android Auto is version 5.  It does NOT say the minimum version for Android Auto Wireless is 5.

Has anyone read my above posts?  People keep replying they can't connect but nobody has replied saying they've reset the system to factory default and tried again.

For wireless to work you need either a Samsung or Google phone running Android 10.  Any phone running Android 11 should connect wirelessly. In addition to all of that, the phone you use has to be capable of connecting at 5Ghz WiFi.  If your phone does not conform to those standards, it cannot connect wirelessly.

My Motorola G6 running Android 9 cannot connect wirelessly to the MIB3 system in my Kodiaq. My Sumsung A51 running Android 10 does connect wirelessly.  I can't make it any clearer than that.

Edited by Guest

I will be getting an S20 soon, so I'll have no other choice but reset to defaults, however have you been able to connect to the MK4's unit?
If you have, do you get the same notification that you must use USB?

26 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

There's no need to guess. That copy of the manual you've posted says the minimum version for Android Auto is version 5.  It does NOT say the minimum version for Android Auto Wireless is 5.

Has anyone read my above posts?  People keep replying they can't connect but nobody has replied saying they've reset the system to factory default and tried again.

For wireless to work you need either a Samsung or Google phone running Android 10.  Any phone running Android 11 should connect wirelessly. In addition to all of that, the phone you use has to be capable of connecting at 5Ghz WiFi.  If your phone does not conform to those standards, it cannot connect wirelessly.

My Motorola G6 running Android 9 cannot connect wirelessly to the MIB3 system in my Kodiaq. My Sumsung A51 running Android 10 does connect wirelessly.  I can't make it any clearer than that.

am i not correct in thinking the new octavia has completely different software then the kodiaq? If this is the case then thats why you can connect and people with the octavia cant, i cant personally comment as i have iphone and never had an issue connecting wirelessly 

Yes, I have. No change.

Both phones tested are on Android 11 and 5Ghz compatible.

27 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

So you have no experience with the MY2020/2021 Octavia? 

I've talked to multiple new Octavia owners outside this forum and they've this same issue. It's not just us being incompetent, but rather a larger issue. 

1 minute ago, RRovan said:

Yes, I have. No change.

Both phones tested are on Android 11 and 5Ghz compatible.

So you have no experience with the MY2020/2021 Octavia? 

I've talked to multiple new Octavia owners outside this forum and they've this same issue. It's not just us being incompetent, but rather a larger issue. 

yes ive seen in this forum and another then people are having issues with android and new octavia, clearly not the user but the software

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.skodacommunity.de%2Fthreads%2Fandroid-auto-wireless.135147%2Fpage-2

https://www.reddit.com/r/skoda/comments/kdjp0w/android_auto_wireless_octavia_4_2020/

Based from these posts there seems to be a lack of 5Ghz WiFi in the new Octavia. The hardware is moslt likely capable, but they are yet to enable it software side.