Infotainment Model Numbers

38 minutes ago, carsibekir said:

You are up to date but 0480 update can be done

Thanks. I'd guess this is Amundsen.

Evening all

i I’ve just bought a Mk3 and have been running around the forum trying to get up to speed with my cars facilities and specifically what options I’ve got regarding my infotainment unit.
My car didn’t come with an owners manual (one on order now) but it does have an Infotainment manual which tells me I’ve got an Amundsen unit and the car has a Canton music system. 
I’d really like to ensure that I’m as up to date with things as I can be, but tbh this thread has left my head reeling!

if some kind soul could help me here to do any upgrading available to me I’d be very grateful!

Many thanks. 
R

IMG_1411.jpeg

On 29/01/2024 at 21:08, ralphyimages said:

Evening all

i I’ve just bought a Mk3 and have been running around the forum trying to get up to speed with my cars facilities and specifically what options I’ve got regarding my infotainment unit.
My car didn’t come with an owners manual (one on order now) but it does have an Infotainment manual which tells me I’ve got an Amundsen unit and the car has a Canton music system. 
I’d really like to ensure that I’m as up to date with things as I can be, but tbh this thread has left my head reeling!

if some kind soul could help me here to do any upgrading available to me I’d be very grateful!

Many thanks. 
R

I was just looking for the same thing. Kinda.

I have the same device number as yourself, but I just want to use Android Auto, so will need new hardware, but I'll be damned if I can figure out the 'simplest' route.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

my MIB part number is 5Q0 035 842 C.

It's not in the list at the beginning of the thread. But i guess that it's also an Amundsen unit, right?

Also I was wondering: I do not have navigation on this unit, but I have an empty SD card slot.

Is there a way to get navigation working with this?

Thanks!

How many SD card slots? AFAIK an Amundsen always has 2 - one for media and one for maps.

Do you have a NAV button? If not then you likely do not have either an Amundsen or a Columbus, which means you would have a unit that does not support navigation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

How many SD card slots? AFAIK an Amundsen always has 2 - one for media and one for maps.

Do you have a NAV button? If not then you likely do not have either an Amundsen or a Columbus, which means you would have a unit that does not support navigation.

I have only one SD card slot, and no NAV button. So I guess no NAV for me?

I just searched the Skoda page for my unit, and I think it's called Bolero.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hii

Octavia 

MY:2018

my unit

Device part number: 5E0 035 871D

H/W: 671

S/W : 8395

its swing or Columbus?

20240420_230941.thumb.jpg.a9953f621b67d7c51b33a9888ec01954.jpg 

Edited by dave999

1 hour ago, dave999 said:

Hii

Octavia 

MY:2018

my unit

Device part number: 5E0 035 871D

H/W: 671

S/W : 8395

its swing or Columbus? 

Columbus has a nav button...

That looks like a swing.

Hi  i am new to this forum and to the world of Skoda  I have an octavia vrs wagin mk3.5 and I have a couple of issues regarding the infotainment system.

1. My android auto is temperamental. It fails to connect 95% of the time. Phone is a Samsung, fully updated. Is it likely to be a cable issue? Am I better to buy a dongle to make it wireless?

2. I don't think that this is the most up to date software. What are my options for updating?

17140357674097808621232838870214.thumb.jpg.dba14c62f7afe6b0dea078429485e4df.jpg

I am still waiting for the dealer to supply the sd card for navigation. 

Thanks in advance 

Mike

1 hour ago, Telemarkmike said:

I am still waiting for the dealer to supply the sd card for navigation. 

That's a MIB2 Amundsen, good luck getting the dealer to supply the correct SD card - the dealer in Southampton didn't have a clue so I bought genuine Skoda one (that's essential as a generic SD card won't work) on eBay for a fraction of the official price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

That's a MIB2 Amundsen, good luck getting the dealer to supply the correct SD card - the dealer in Southampton didn't have a clue so I bought genuine Skoda one (that's essential as a generic SD card won't work) on eBay for a fraction of the official price.

And yet, when I updated the firmware and the maps in my car a regular SanDisk work just fine.

5 minutes ago, petrolcan said:

And yet, when I updated the firmware and the maps in my car a regular SanDisk work just fine.

Firmware update can use any SD card, even on an Amundsen.

You say you updated the maps OK, do you have to leave the SD card in the slot in the glovebox for navigation to work? If not them I'm puzzled as the part number you've posted appears to be for an Amundsen but if navigation works without the SD card in place then that suggests it's a Columbus???