Delivery times?

6 hours ago, AnBear said:

Just ordered a saloon vrs steel grey 2.0tdi on the 6apr wanted an estate was told no chance of getting one until 22. Anyone else getting this from dealers?

2022? 

56 minutes ago, Skodev said:

2022? 

In Croatia, minimum delivery time for vrs is 6 months. Dealer told me that they have big problems with DSG chips and that this could extend the already long delivery time. I hope to get mine to the end od 2021.  :(

7 hours ago, AnBear said:

Just ordered a saloon vrs steel grey 2.0tdi on the 6apr wanted an estate was told no chance of getting one until 22. Anyone else getting this from dealers?

Is it 4x4 or FWD? What was the estimated delivery time for the saloon? 

17 minutes ago, Bomber987 said:

In Croatia, minimum delivery time for vrs is 6 months. Dealer told me that they have big problems with DSG chips and that this could extend the already long delivery time. I hope to get mine to the end od 2021.  :(

That’s why I’ve had to walk away mate. Love the car, I’m sure the software glitches will get sorted, but I can’t wait a year for it. ☹️ 

On 22/04/2021 at 21:01, Skodev said:

Well in the words of Duncan Banatyne from his stint in Dragons Den “I’m ooot” 

Its been a pretty poor experience really and I don’t blame my dealer too much, the issue is with Skoda. I phoned and cancelled my order today. Had a call back from the Dealerships Head of Sales, a very decent guy, he looked on the order system whilst we were chatting and said he couldn’t believe I was still waiting for a build week to be allocated after nearly three months. 
The biggest thing for me was how open ended the scenario was and the fact that Skoda seem to think it’s an acceptable situation. 
The Head of Sales completely agreed and  has reluctantly cancelled my order. 
Best of luck to you @edrenshaw you’ll have one less meteor grey 4x4 kicking around. I hope you get a resolution or find a satisfactory outcome either way. 
Cheers guys. My brief flirtation with returning to the Skoda fold has been emotional 🤣🤣🏼🏼  

Sorry to hear this pal, I have just been informed by Skoda UK that my car is at Emden, status 38 waiting for a ship to the UK, however they did say they are experiencing delays due to social distancing measures which is understandable.

So odd that you didn't even get as far as a build date when we ordered around the same time.

19 hours ago, AnBear said:

The general manager at my local dealership did say that if I were to order an estate now I wouldn't see it this side of Christmas. He is a bit of an idiot though 😂

33 minutes ago, Shelvock said:

Sorry to hear this pal, I have just been informed by Skoda UK that my car is at Emden, status 38 waiting for a ship to the UK, however they did say they are experiencing delays due to social distancing measures which is understandable.

So odd that you didn't even get as far as a build date when we ordered around the same time.

I know pal, really odd. Think I just fell unlucky with my timing / choice of spec/bodystyle maybe? 
Like I said earlier, even the head of sales for the dealership was surprised and had no answer as to why no build date had been allocated or when one could be expected. 
Great news for you though bud, I bet you’re absolutely buzzing. Hope it all tracks as it should from this point on for you and we’ll both be sitting behind new steering wheels very soon. ✌🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skodev said:

I know pal, really odd. Think I just fell unlucky with my timing / choice of spec/bodystyle maybe? 
Like I said earlier, even the head of sales for the dealership was surprised and had no answer as to why no build date had been allocated or when one could be expected. 
Great news for you though bud, I bet you’re absolutely buzzing. Hope it all tracks as it should from this point on for you and we’ll both be sitting behind new steering wheels very soon. ✌🏼

Thankyou mate I am definitely looking forward to it. I sold my Leon at the start of March and have been using father in law's old 2004 Suzuki Vitara diesel that's been jacked up and runs big off-road tyres which is fun 😂 It's gonna be quite refreshing to get back in to a decent car.

I don't doubt you'll regret the Form entor either 👌🏼👌🏼

15 hours ago, philtu said:

Is it 4x4 or FWD? What was the estimated delivery time for the saloon? 

FWD hoping for delivery early July ordered 5th April will be ringing dealer tomorrow to get update and will respond if I get any details. Disappointed of the delay lag having to wait to 2022 for the estate so went with the saloon 

10 hours ago, Shelvock said:

The general manager at my local dealership did say that if I were to order an estate now I wouldn't see it this side of Christmas. He is a bit of an idiot though 😂

My order is at the same spot as yours

@Shelvock, hopefully they catch a ship soon (mine has been there since 15th April). 

in this article it suggests chip situation won't get any better until late 2021 or early 2022: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/amp/car-news/industry-news/global-chip-shortage/

So estimates of next year might be common place for a while now! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aarond said:

My order is at the same spot as yours

@Shelvock, hopefully they catch a ship soon (mine has been there since 15th April). 

in this article it suggests chip situation won't get any better until late 2021 or early 2022: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/amp/car-news/industry-news/global-chip-shortage/

So estimates of next year might be common place for a while now! 

Yea I've been keeping an eye on the news regarding the semiconductor shortages, seems we ordered ours just in time!

Speaking to a guy on the Octavia owners Facebook group yesterday who said he'd ordered last week and his dealer had advised him of a 12 week wait for a factory order, I told him to be prepared to wait a little longer 😂

Fingers crossed for ours getting over here sharpish 👍🏼

On 01/04/2021 at 19:06, Skodev said:

Good news mate. 
My order is showing on the system as 10th Feb, meteor grey 4x4 vRS estate with Canton. Still no build week confirmed. So you’ve done ok with that. Hope it sticks to that timeline now too for you. 👍🏼 

Hey where do you follow up that info?

1 hour ago, peshetoman said:

Hey where do you follow up that info?

Hi mate if you’re asking for an update, I’ve cancelled my order. 
If you were asking something else, let me know. 👍🏼

So I just contacted Skoda for an update:

I checked the order and can see that your new OCTAVIA has been assigned a provisional build week of week 21, this will commence from 24th May 2021. We're now waiting for a confirmed build date to be assigned to this order.

It's a start i guess!

20 minutes ago, edrenshaw said:

I checked the order and can see that your new OCTAVIA has been assigned a provisional build week of week 21, this will commence from 24th May 2021. We're now waiting for a confirmed build date to be assigned to this order.

It's a start i guess!

Is this for UK only or a general inquiry email?

27 minutes ago, peshetoman said:

Is this for UK only or a general inquiry email?

Hey @peshetoman if you go to the contact us page on the Skoda website https://www.skoda.co.uk/discover/contact-us and click on the speech bubble, you'll be able ask questions about your order. Some supplying dealers are better than others at updating you, so you might be best to ask Skoda yourself when you want to check something/know something. 

EDIT: sorry forgot to add, that's the UK site and not sure where you live, but that link should redirect you to your local site

Edited by Aarond

34 minutes ago, Aarond said:

Hey @peshetoman if you go to the contact us page on the Skoda website https://www.skoda.co.uk/discover/contact-us and click on the speech bubble, you'll be able ask questions about your order. Some supplying dealers are better than others at updating you, so you might be best to ask Skoda yourself when you want to check something/know something. 

EDIT: sorry forgot to add, that's the UK site and not sure where you live, but that link should redirect you to your local site

Yep that's what I did.

4 hours ago, edrenshaw said:

It's a start i guess!

Could I ask You when did You place the order? 

On 25/04/2021 at 23:29, AnBear said:

FWD hoping for delivery early July ordered 5th April will be ringing dealer tomorrow to get update and will respond if I get any details. Disappointed of the delay lag having to wait to 2022 for the estate so went with the saloon 

Spoke to dealer order confirmed by Skoda and confirming early July delivery so 12 week lead for the saloon time will tell

10 hours ago, Wonderloaf said:

I'm going to chase my dealer again tomorrow, I've been told delivery week 22 so I assume the car should have been built by now?

I honestly wouldn't bother with your dealer @Wonderloaf, go straight to Skoda UK Customer Service Live Chat and just give them your order number, they will tell you exactly what stage your order is at 👍🏼

I don't see how the dealer can realistically give you a delivery date until the car is built and in the UK, I've hardly bothered with my dealer since I placed the order.

• Like 1

I'd second what @Shelvock says there @Wonderloaf; chat function is super easy, they're open until 20:00 (or 22:00?) at night I think and tell you exactly where your order is. When calling dealers it usually means you have to leave a message/email, then wait for an email or call back. With the chat function you don't need your order number if you don't have it, you just need to know what you ordered, when and your personal details (they will share your order number with you if you don't have it).

Each time I've used the chat, it's been concluded in a couple of minutes as I got the info I was looking for. :thumbup:

EDIT: @Shelvock when do you think it's appropriate to chase again, last time I chased was the weekend?

Edited by Aarond
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Aarond said:

EDIT: @Shelvock when do you think it's appropriate to chase again, last time I chased was the weekend?

They advised me to check back with them in 2-3 weeks because of the delays they're experiencing, but I'll most likely contact them again in a week/week and a half 👍🏼

• Like 1

Ordered a built car beginning of March and collected it today.

vRS tsi dsg estate in race blue with reverse cam. 

They told me it was a rare car because if I factory ordered the same car today it wouldn't arrive before Jan/Feb next year. Not sure how true this is but they appeared serious.

Apparently the manual isn't quite as long a wait.

Only driven it about 20 miles so far but absolutely love the thing.

• Like 2