Delivery times?

1 hour ago, vfr said:

Welcome to the site BTW.

Thank you.

Looks like Skoda's income hasn't been affected by the lockdown that much. I'll continue to look for now. 

https://www.newsy-today.com/skoda-auto-will-limit-some-operations-due-to-a-lack-of-chips-the-plant-in-kvasiny-will-stop-production-completely-irozhlas/

https://www.newsy-today.com/the-chips-are-gone-part-of-skoda-autos-operations-will-stop-in-the-coming-days-in-kvasiny-for-up-to-a-week/

https://www.newsy-today.com/it-could-not-be-solved-otherwise-says-the-head-of-skoda-the-carmaker-will-limit-production-for-up-to-two-weeks/

https://www.newsy-today.com/skoda-auto-stopped-assembling-the-octavia-due-to-a-lack-of-parts/

• Like 1

I don't recognise 7 out of 8 either, who mentioned that lease company/dealer/Skoda? I'd defo ask what they meant. I know I've said this before @Wonderloaf but you started this thread 17 pages ago, and still you don't have your car :blink: that's tough man, anything else taking your fancy or are you going to continue to chase and wait? 

On 10/06/2021 at 14:53, zetzet said:

I think the theory was that certain countries/dealerships have set amounts of cars they can order and if they go over the waiting time increases.

I ordered my Octavia estate vrs 4x4 late April and were told it would be 24/26 weeks.a few days later got e mail saying it has now changed and are expecting delivery around mid September.i get a update e Rey week and still saying delivery mid September.i spoke to someone in the know and he said for some n 4x4 vrs skoda cars are getting built quicker than fwd skoda cars.it has something about the chips they use in 4x4 are more readily available.i don't know if it is true but up to now it is going to plan.i hope it does or am trouble we go away 10 October to drive to France and Spain.

On 06/07/2021 at 17:52, Wonderloaf said:

Well my car is stuck at stage 7 out of 8? Whatever that means?

Mine too. The dealer explained that stage 8 is the vehicle complete and ready for shipping but lack of a critical component has stalled the build at stage 7.

Ordered early may, scheduled for late July delivery, now? - who knows? 

Latest update from me, car now at UK port waiting to be transported to the dealer, not sure how long that will take or how long it will take to prep the car for delivery/handover.

Ordered week 2, built week 23 ,shipped to UK week 28... 

Octavia VRS TSi 2.0 VRS DSG Meteor Grey

Both my dealer and Skoda live chat just informed me provisional build week for mine is this week but nothing confirmed yet. Im not expecting it anytime soon as I only ordered in May. Just wondered if anyone got a provisional then confirmed date and if so how long between them? 

I ordered my vrs in April in meteor grey but the order got messed up salespersons mistake

then to be told I can’t have the colour as it’s discontinued 

I then had a build date of august in new chosen colour of hyper green and a few options

ive now been told I can’t have some of my choices due to the chip shortage and the estimated build time is now October.

ive now cancelled my order and staying with vag group got myself a fab deal on a new 2022 spec golf r 

3 hours ago, Col46 said:

I ordered my vrs in April in meteor grey but the order got messed up salespersons mistake

then to be told I can’t have the colour as it’s discontinued 

I then had a build date of august in new chosen colour of hyper green and a few options

ive now been told I can’t have some of my choices due to the chip shortage and the estimated build time is now October.

ive now cancelled my order and staying with vag group got myself a fab deal on a new 2022 spec golf r 

What options were not available because of the chip shortage? 

Dcc and blind spot were the options I’ve been told will delay the build even longer

so I would be best to not have them

ive fell out of love with the car before I’ve got it!
To much of being messed around 

Also now in theory I’m getting a car I didn’t order in the first place so I spat my dummy out

got refunded my deposit and now I’m starting again 

Interesting reading,as of yet nobody has or cannot answer part of my thread.ie i was told petrol and diesel cars were getting built quicker than all electric cars.due to small number of chips getting used compared to all electric cars.some person has said electric cars get priority due to target for these green cars must be met.then you read there is big shortage for certain parts for some models.anyone in the know to enlighten me.cheers

Surely when these chips that are missing turn up a lot of cars will be released and be available pretty quick? I’m assuming they won’t have 10 chips delivered each week, they’ll get a few thousand in one go so as soon as they are fitted a load of cars will be available in one go?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

Surely when these chips that are missing turn up a lot of cars will be released and be available pretty quick? I’m assuming they won’t have 10 chips delivered each week, they’ll get a few thousand in one go so as soon as they are fitted a load of cars will be available in one go?

I imagine fitting them not on the production line takes quite a bit of time. Each worker has to go in disassemble cars, put in modules and assemble then test it, so it's not going to be a fast process ever.

So many different types of chips,what I understand off people in the trade it is down to the chips in all electric that is causing the big delay in delivery.not that they is not a shortage of chips in general .

• Like 1

I have been told my VRS iV Estate that was ordered on the 1st July will be here around the end Sept. 

The only option is the colour, so maybe a standard one can be turned around in decent time?

Fingers Crossed 🤞

8 hours ago, MickyD44 said:

I have been told my VRS iV Estate that was ordered on the 1st July will be here around the end Sept. 

The only option is the colour, so maybe a standard one can be turned around in decent time?

Fingers Crossed 🤞

I ordered mid-March and have an unconfirmed build estimate of last week in August, delivery hopefully end of September / start of October if it doesn't get added to the carpark of partially built cars. Mines also a standard car, so lead times seem mostly decoupled from added options.

I'll be very surprised if it's delivered in-line with the dealer's latest prediction but he has to be right eventually...

Edited by Dave2912

Said this before I was told 4 October for delivery then a week or so later it was amended to the 16 September.just have to wait and see.is it all orders not getting delivered on time?what models look to be the ones getting delivered late.again I was told some electric cars and the type of semi conductors used in them is where the big delay is.fingers crossed

Octavia TSI 150 hatchback, manual, STYLE package, DCC, auxiliary heating, tow bar

Order placed week 3
Official build week 18 (second week of May) - status 6
Status recently (late July I guess) changed to 7 according to dealer

6 - with production order
7 - vin
8 - in transit from factory/in transit to Dealer
9 - at dealer

Why is it taking so long, besides due to a shortage of semi conductors? My guess is the same as @e-Roottoot

45 minutes ago, SiWaiting said:

Octavia TSI 150 hatchback, manual, STYLE package, DCC, auxiliary heating, tow bar

Order placed week 3

7 - vin
9 - at dealer

Why is it taking so long, besides due to a shortage of semi conductors? My guess is the same as @e-Roottoot

46 minutes ago, SiWaiting said:

Order placed week 3

7 - vin
9 - at dealer

Tried looking this up about targets for electric cars or get a penalty against them.i have asked around people on the trade but none can say they have been told anything about this rule.they say it is down to what type of semi conductors on certain cars that is the major delay.yes there is shortage of all semi conductors but a certain conductor is a major problem.can you please point me in the direction where you got the info from? It would be interesting to read

duckduckgo.com is your friend @Joss1733 :wink:

https://www.transportenvironment.org/publications/mission-possible-how-carmakers-can-reach-their-2021-co2-targets-and-avoid-fines

https://autovista24.autovistagroup.com/news/carmakers-face-eu20-billion-fines-exceeding-co2-targets-part-2/

https://www.eulerhermes.com/en_global/news-insights/economic-insights/New-CO2-emission-regulations-in-Europe-A-perfect-storm-for-car-manufacturers.html

So the guess is that yes there are components (containing semi conductors) available to Skoda to build the Octavia but not enough of them to build all ordered Octavias. Ie Skoda needs to prioritize and thus selects cars with lower emission engines due to co2 targets.

I've posted articles from www.newsy-today.com (thanks @zetzet) where the components in the Octavia that are missing (or are in short supply) are named. If the articles can be trusted, then it does seem like those are the types of components that ought to be common in all types of Octavias.

But I'm only guessing....(it's Skodas lack of communication that leds to these unfortunate guessing games)

• Thanks 1