Delivery times?

7 hours ago, Sliminator said:

Update from me, I'm picking my car up tomorrow afternoon. Excited.

Ordered week 2, built week 23 ,shipped to UK week 28, transported to dealer week 29, ready to collect from dealer week 30

Octavia VRS TSi 2.0 VRS DSG Meteor Grey

Congrats :cake::party:

Seems like there's hope for ordered cars with non-electric engines (eventhough it took more than 6 months from order to delivery).

10 hours ago, SiWaiting said:

Congrats :cake::party:

Seems like there's hope for ordered cars with non-electric engines (eventhough it took more than 6 months from order to delivery).

Mine arrived on Saturday (week 29) after being ordered on 2nd March (week 9) - Manual VRS in black

Happy days @sicone :D! And delivery alot speedier than for @Sliminator.

Hope to see pictures in the picture thread soon!

What engine @sicone? 2.0 TSI (non-electric), 2.0 TDI (non-electric) or the 1.4 TSI iV?

@Sliminator: do you know what week the VIN of your car was registrered? (my latest status change was VIN and I'm trying to figure out whether they'd only register the VIN when the car is actually complete, i.e. not only partially complete due to missing components due to shortage of semi conductors)

4 minutes ago, SiWaiting said:

Happy days @sicone :D! And delivery alot speedier than for @Sliminator.

Hope to see pictures in the picture thread soon!

What engine @sicone? 2.0 TSI (non-electric), 2.0 TDI (non-electric) or the 1.4 TSI iV?

2.0 TSI. Pictures coming soon if it stops raining!

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2021 at 15:31, Sliminator said:

Update from me, I'm picking my car up tomorrow afternoon. Excited.

Ordered week 2, built week 23 ,shipped to UK week 28, transported to dealer week 29, ready to collect from dealer week 30

Octavia VRS TSi 2.0 VRS DSG Meteor Grey

Nice one, I'm happy for you chum! Enjoy it!

8 hours ago, Qoo_Kumba said:

I ordered my Octavia Estate in April. It hasn't even been given a build date yet!  :crying:

I ordered mine in July.told no later than 4 October,a week later told it would be 16 september.i get a update every Friday and they keep saying delivery on track.fingers crossed.with all these stories on here has me a bit worried.am getting rid of my car in 3 weeks time.then using the wife's little car for a few weeks until my new car comes.that is where the problem lies.we are all booked up to drive to Spain for 8 weeks on the 10 October.the wife's car is no good for the trip we are going to do.so if it does not come by that date we will be right up---- creek.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

I ordered mine in July.told no later than 4 October,a week later told it would be 16 september.i get a update every Friday and they keep saying delivery on track.fingers crossed.with all these stories on here has me a bit worried.am getting rid of my car in 3 weeks time.then using the wife's little car for a few weeks until my new car comes.that is where the problem lies.we are all booked up to drive to Spain for 8 weeks on the 10 October.the wife's car is no good for the trip we are going to do.so if it does not come by that date we will be right up---- creek.

I would request bit more info than a vague on track

eg build week and status code

You want to make sure they have actually looked up your order, rather than send a generic answer

51 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

I would request bit more info than a vague on track

eg build week and status code

You want to make sure they have actually looked up your order, rather than send a generic answer

I thinking am putting my head in the sand and hoping all will be well in the end.if I get no word in a week or so I will contact them.i did tell them I required the car no later than first week in October ,when I ordered it and up to now and they do keep telling me every Friday the date for delivery is ok and even expect it earlier than the date  I told them ie start of October.

On 31/07/2021 at 13:46, Joss1733 said:

I thinking am putting my head in the sand and hoping all will be well in the end.if I get no word in a week or so I will contact them.i did tell them I required the car no later than first week in October ,when I ordered it and up to now and they do keep telling me every Friday the date for delivery is ok and even expect it earlier than the date  I told them ie start of October.

They were telling me the same until it was build and now getting rust on a parking lot with another 55 000 cars...

Ask for Build week. Then ad another 8 weeks on top of that to get it finished.

Then around 4 weeks to have it at your local dealer...

37 minutes ago, Wonderloaf said:

My latest communication from Skoda :(

1D3B95FB-8958-4D9A-9F22-1634C029A9FB.png

At least they reply to you. My queries to the infoline are dead in the water : )

My local dealer moved the case up the chain so i got a proper answer finally but news were not good...

3 hours ago, peshetoman said:

At least they reply to you. My queries to the infoline are dead in the water : )

My local dealer moved the case up the chain so i got a proper answer finally but news were not good...

I'm not expecting good news either :(

On 31/07/2021 at 10:02, Joss1733 said:

I don't get any information from Hendy Skoda Bournemouth. It's like I'm a leper! They have their order and seem not to give a damn.

I know most of us are waiting for delivery of our cars.just wondering does it make any difference in delivery times.with what model car you have ordered?ie if you order a petrol or diesel car,does these car use less semi conductors than all electric/ hybrid cars.just a thought.

2 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

I know most of us are waiting for delivery of our cars.just wondering does it make any difference in delivery times.with what model car you have ordered?ie if you order a petrol or diesel car,does these car use less semi conductors than all electric/ hybrid cars.just a thought.

I believe it does, as does manual against dsg.

10 hours ago, blasje32 said:

I ordered the car on December 7, it arrived at the dealership yesterday

Thanks for posting, so about 34 weeks (or 8 months)

As someone else has been told 34-35 weeks I think that is probably realistic timeframe 

I was told by Skoda salesman few weeks ago that Octavia and karoq are mostly affected and not Kamiq and Scala. But i can't find any source which models are really affected at Skoda.  Kamiq and Scala were 3 months aprox and the others march 2022+