Delivery times?

Order a VRS late september added the winter pack and rear camera about a month later as the car was only on the system with a March build date so it was possible to change my order. Phoned this morning to see if it was possible to change to a DSG and asked about the rear camera. He said there wasn't an issue with the camera as they have to be informed to tell the customer about it and nothing had come through about my order yet. But he couldn't change the order as the build date wasn't showing anymore just had N/A next to the build date. He's going to phone back later this week to give an update as to whether the car has a build date or not and whether I can change to a DSG. 

Really interesting variation on orders. I placed order for 245 manual estate in silver with Pano & Canton in July... landed in UK last week apparently with all options. Should be handed over to me by mid-December 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zedboy said:

Really interesting variation on orders. I placed order for 245 manual estate in silver with Pano & Canton in July... landed in UK last week apparently with all options. Should be handed over to me by mid-December 

I'm really happy for all of you, that are receiving your cars and extremely unhappy that Skoda won't produce mine.

• Sad 5
  • Crying 1

Hi All,

Since I've been lurking around on this thread for a while, I thought I'd join up and add another data point, now that I have received a delivery week.

We ordered a bog-standard SE estate, with LED light pack, simply clever pack and metallic paint (no further options) at the beginning of October 2021. We were quoted up to 30 week delivery. After reading about estimated build weeks etc I decided to drop our dealer a mail this morning, and he told me that we had a provisional build week of 1/22 - yes, the first week of 2022! If that is true, then I guess things might be moving a little faster than anticipated, but I just wanted to check whether "provisional" build week had any real weight (is it just a place holder for "some time in 2022"?), and also wondered if anyone had a rough idea how long after build week we might expect to actually get the car? We are UK based.

2 minutes ago, Mattster21 said:

Hi All,

Since I've been lurking around on this thread for a while, I thought I'd join up and add another data point, now that I have received a delivery week.

We ordered a bog-standard SE estate, with LED light pack, simply clever pack and metallic paint (no further options) at the beginning of October 2021. We were quoted up to 30 week delivery. After reading about estimated build weeks etc I decided to drop our dealer a mail this morning, and he told me that we had a provisional build week of 1/22 - yes, the first week of 2022! If that is true, then I guess things might be moving a little faster than anticipated, but I just wanted to check whether "provisional" build week had any real weight (is it just a place holder for "some time in 2022"?), and also wondered if anyone had a rough idea how long after build week we might expect to actually get the car? We are UK based.

Man... good for you :D

I ordered in the beginning of August and i know ****.... I don't have any info on my car and the dealer is very unhelpful...

According to the posts on this forum i would guess, that your ''more'' realistic build week would be March/April 2022... Fingers crossed it will be 1/22 :).

1 minute ago, Rookie97 said:

Man... good for you :D

I ordered in the beginning of August and i know ****.... I don't have any info on my car and the dealer is very unhelpful...

According to the posts on this forum i would guess, that your ''more'' realistic build week would be March/April 2022... Fingers crossed it will be 1/22 :).

That's what we were expecting, or at least to take delivery around that time (April(ish) was my best guess). I was actually worried it might be even later having read this thread, so I decided to drop the dealer a mail on the off chance they had some info. To be fair, he answered quite promptly but they have not been forthcoming with an information otherwise - in fact I haven't heard anything from them since the day they took our deposit. Assuming that there is any validity at all to the 1/22 date, perhaps it is because we have a fairly hair-shirt version with little in the way of extra electronics? (no cameras, no front sensors, no fancy sound system etc).

16 minutes ago, Mattster21 said:

Hi All,

Also U.K. based - my provisional build week was 44 (Nov 1st), but still no update on if it was built or not. My dealer said that a provisional build week isn’t guaranteed as they need a completion/exit from build confirmation and obviously they can move weeks!

4 minutes ago, Mattster21 said:

That's what we were expecting, or at least to take delivery around that time (April(ish) was my best guess). I was actually worried it might be even later having read this thread, so I decided to drop the dealer a mail on the off chance they had some info. To be fair, he answered quite promptly but they have not been forthcoming with an information otherwise - in fact I haven't heard anything from them since the day they took our deposit. Assuming that there is any validity at all to the 1/22 date, perhaps it is because we have a fairly hair-shirt version with little in the way of extra electronics? (no cameras, no front sensors, no fancy sound system etc).

Hi Mattster,

I had a provisional build week of April / May 2022 but then I was given a confirmed build date of 18 October 21- so I wouldn't read much into it.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Ado12345 said:

Hi Mattster,

I had a provisional build week of April / May 2022 but then I was given a confirmed build date of 18 October 21- so I wouldn't read much into it.

Cheers

OK, thanks - I did wonder. So your build was brought forward 6 months from the original provisional date you were given? Maybe things are starting to move a bit then, if I've understood that right..

44 minutes ago, koolgoose said:

Also U.K. based - my provisional build week was 44 (Nov 1st), but still no update on if it was built or not. My dealer said that a provisional build week isn’t guaranteed as they need a completion/exit from build confirmation and obviously they can move weeks!

Just spoke with my dealer, and the car did go into build on week 44, but it hasn’t yet completed. Presumably it’s missing something and now the real waiting game begins..!

1 hour ago, Mattster21 said:

Hi All,

I would not hold my breath in what you are getting told.it is a lottery out there turning into a complete farce.some dealers are just saying anything to get a sale.Am on my 6th delivery date and still nothing about build date.

7 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

I would not hold my breath in what you are getting told.it is a lottery out there turning into a complete farce.some dealers are just saying anything to get a sale.Am on my 6th delivery date and still nothing about build date.

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting - I'll temper my excitement, which had gone up a notch after this morning's email. Still, my dealer had already made the sale so no particular reason for him to give a much earlier build data than he had originally, if indeed a build date in Jan actually does translate into a UK delivery before April.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ado12345 said:

Hi Mattster,

Cheers

Can I ask what model you have ordered and if possible can people say what car they have ordered.it just save us all the time to say what you have ordered oops I missed mine out vrs estate 4x4 diesel 200ps dsg.

15 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

Can I ask what model you have ordered and if possible can people say what car they have ordered.it just save us all the time to say what you have ordered oops I missed mine out vrs estate 4x4 diesel 200ps dsg.

Octavia Estate SE 1.5 TSI, with metallic paint, LED interior lights and Simply Clever pack.

On 19/11/2021 at 11:29, Ado12345 said:

Hi all, just a quick update on my order, i was informed it was in build 22nd October and today I was informed build is completed and it's at Emden port awaiting a boat to bring it to the UK.

It's the Octavia VRS Estate, Petrol, Dsg, Quartz Grey with sunroof. So it's been about 3.5 months from placing order to production being completed. I'll keep everyone posted on progress. Fingers crossed it arrives before Christmas! 

7 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

As above,

Cheers

(Just to echo and update a point made earlier, I was quote yesterday an 11 month wait for a Volvo v60 as I continue to weigh up up Octavia iV vs V60 PHEVs. Obviously, at approaching a year for either car it’s impossible to place an order and I’m resigned to the second hand market.)

1 hour ago, mcdeli said:

(Just to echo and update a point made earlier, I was quote yesterday an 11 month wait for a Volvo v60 as I continue to weigh up up Octavia iV vs V60 PHEVs. Obviously, at approaching a year for either car it’s impossible to place an order and I’m resigned to the second hand market.)

Just got rid of my lease car a Volvo v60 what a horrible car.you can do a turning circle in a artic easier and the blind spots are a nightmare .reversing is a night mare and running costs are very high.my last service was 460 pounds and tyres after 3 years 26000miles was 3 sets of tyres.the last thing in ice and snow you might as well leave it at home and walk anything over 1/2 of snow and no bloody good at all.one good thing it is great on a straight stretch of motorway and that's it.

On 23/11/2021 at 13:29, koolgoose said:

Just spoke with my dealer, and the car did go into build on week 44, but it hasn’t yet completed. Presumably it’s missing something and now the real waiting game begins..!

Mine was in build for about 3 weeks and then out of nowhere the dealer emailed to say it was in Emden waiting to be loaded onto a boat. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

I would be happy just to get a build date to ease my blood pressure.it so aggravating when you have ordered your car months before other people and there car are just about ready for delivery.in any case pleased for them.

When did you put the order? I'm waiting from April.

19 hours ago, JustOxy said:

Got a message today from my dealer. Car arrives my country next week. RS with canton and dcc ordered in the end of April. Can't believe it's happening

I had my weekly update email from the dealer today also.  The car is on its way to the UK on a boat now. The dealer advised that after it arrives in the UK (which should be midnight tonight) it normally takes 10-14 days to get to the dealership and then they need to do their checks - but she thinks we should have it before Christmas. 

Fingers crossed.🤞

• Love it! 1