Delivery times?

If it helps my dealer is honouring the 0% finance deal from July. Likewise, awaiting shipping from Emden or possible update that car is now in the UK. 

• Like 1

Has anyone ordered it’s Octavia in the beginning of August and have any information (about production date,…)?

i still have zero information, the factory didn’t even accept my order yet. 😞

Close to start of August. Order placed 27 July, order confirmed by Skoda 18 August. No updates from dealer (no build date info) until 17 December when told that car is built and recently arrived in Germany awaiting ship. Will be chasing again this week as no further update since. Hope your order is processed and car at least in production. 

35 minutes ago, Rookie97 said:

Has anyone ordered it’s Octavia in the beginning of August and have any information (about production date,…)?

its pot luck out there i ordered may and still waiting.they is guys out there who have been waiting a lot longer than me.i will not believe anything they tell me until i get the keys in my hand.

43 minutes ago, Rookie97 said:

Here's my timeline @Rookie97 - quite similar to @NotP35

Spec

Octavia vRS Estate TSI DSG - Quartz Grey - Panoramic Sunroof - DCC - Rear Camera

Key Dates

22/07 - Order form completed and sent to dealer

18/08 - Order confirmation email from Skoda UK

24/09 - Dealer said unconfirmed build week 17th October 

22/10 - Dealer confirmed car in factory in build

19/11 - Dealer confirmed car was at Emden port awaiting ship

26/11 - Dealer said car was on a ship on the way over to UK

03/12 - Email from Skoda UK confirming it would soon be with dealer.

03/12 - Dealer confirmed car will be with them Friday 10th and then will be checked over, and ready for collection 13th December onwards.

06/12 - Paperwork sent through and reg number confirmed. Have agreed home delivery on 17th December.

So this is around 21 weeks / 5 months from placing order to home delivery. I have checked and it has been built to the spec ordered and quartz grey colour. I was quoted around 16-20 weeks at the time of placing order so this has been about right

1 minute ago, Ado12345 said:

Here's my timeline @Rookie97 - quite similar to @NotP35

Spec

Octavia vRS Estate TSI DSG - Quartz Grey - Panoramic Sunroof - DCC - Rear Camera

Key Dates

22/07 - Order form completed and sent to dealer

18/08 - Order confirmation email from Skoda UK

24/09 - Dealer said unconfirmed build week 17th October 

22/10 - Dealer confirmed car in factory in build

19/11 - Dealer confirmed car was at Emden port awaiting ship

26/11 - Dealer said car was on a ship on the way over to UK

03/12 - Email from Skoda UK confirming it would soon be with dealer.

03/12 - Dealer confirmed car will be with them Friday 10th and then will be checked over, and ready for collection 13th December onwards.

06/12 - Paperwork sent through and reg number confirmed. Have agreed home delivery on 17th December.

So this is around 21 weeks / 5 months from placing order to home delivery. I have checked and it has been built to the spec ordered and quartz grey colour. I was quoted around 16-20 weeks at the time of placing order so this has been about right

you lucky person but good news for you.

47 minutes ago, roottoot said:

@Joss1733

Are people that ordered after you getting vRS TDI 4x4 Estates in the UK before you?

The model might well make a difference especially a high emissions one.  

Maybe now Skoda UK can have them coming in now that we are in 2022.

i do not know but still no confirmed dates yet.i know the factory is not producing cars until 10 january and last update i got at start of december was delivery date of 04/03/2022.like i said before not confirmed,

14 hours ago, Rookie97 said:

RS iV ordered in august. Factory accepted order but no news about production.

Edited by timster

I ordered Skoda Octavia Style TDI 150HP DSG late August. Additional: ACC, Rear cam, ambient lighting, side assist, drive profile, dynamic rear lights. No info yet, no provisional build dates, just that it is accepted. I am happy for the people on this form, that get their cars faster, but it still hurts a little bit. :)

On 10/12/2021 at 14:39, koolgoose said:

Just had notification that my car is built, and now on the way to the port before coming over to the U.K., expected to be delivered in January.

The details you’ll all want:

Ordered through Leaseplan, placed with Listers in Coventry

Octavia SEL 1.4 PHEV/iV

Brilliant silver, otherwise no extras

Order placed with Leaseplan in June, but accepted by Skoda in early July. Was quoted 20 weeks lead time, will come out around 25 depending on final delivery date!

Good luck to you all!

Updated info:

Order placed June 2021

Skoda accepted July 2021

Vehicle into build week 44 (Nov 1)

Vehicle finished build December 2021

Vehicle shipping to U.K. December 10th

Vehicle now in U.K. January 4th

Vehicle awaiting transport to dealer for inspection and delivery estimated week of Jan 17th

I've just received a message from my dealer that the car (ordered 1st week of March) was manufactured on 3rd of January this year and is now en route to the dealership, should be ready for collection in third week of January.

Bad news is they didn't keep the price. Good news is, the rate hike is relatively minor and the full spec was retained.

47 weeks from the order date to receiving the actual car. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mati said:

I've just received a message from my dealer that the car (ordered 1st week of March) was manufactured on 3rd of January this year and is now en route to the dealership, should be ready for collection in third week of January.

Bad news is they didn't keep the price. Good news is, the rate hike is relatively minor and the full spec was retained.

That is a long wait indeed. Is it an estate or hatch?

24 minutes ago, Mati said:

How did price change?

28 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

That is a long wait indeed. Is it an estate or hatch?

Hatch RS 2.0 TSI DSG, the normal non-iV one. Almost no extras - just heated windscreen, heated steering wheel and phone box for wireless phone charging.

25 minutes ago, timster said:

How did price change?

143 000 -> 146 000 in Polish zloty, so +3k (2%) after dealer discounts.

They said it's due to model year change. I also had to change the colour (Steel/Meteor Grey to Mamba/Hyper Green).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, zetzet said:

What the hell, so did they stop production or not? Mixed messages from Skoda every hour of every day 🤣

Agreed! When I reported on here that I had been given a week 1 2022 build date I then heard that everything was shut down until the 10th.. which seems accurate, because there are news reports online that say the same. What is going on? Maybe my car is being built after all!!

2 hours ago, Mati said:

i thought the factory shutdown was before xmas and not reopening until 10 january?in any case  am pleased for you.just maybe i might get mine inside the next few months

1 hour ago, Mati said:

Hatch RS 2.0 TSI DSG, the normal non-iV one. Almost no extras - just heated windscreen, heated steering wheel and phone box for wireless phone charging.

143 000 -> 146 000 in Polish zloty, so +3k (2%) after dealer discounts.

They said it's due to model year change. I also had to change the colour (Steel/Meteor Grey to Mamba/Hyper Green).

normally contracts  say if price is to increase while you are waiting for delivery,  they have to give you 2 weeks or so notice, and you can either accept the increase or cancel.

model year changes are usually august, so they must have known back then that the price was increasing, 

looks to me that they waited till the car arrived before telling you because they know that you will pay the extra after waiting so long

after waiting so long, i would have just payed the extra as well,  but i'd have asked them why they did'nt tell you back in august

Well today out of nowhere, I got a call from dealer that my car has arrived to Slovenia.  They told me, that there was no information in their system that car was on it's way, they just got informed that car has arrived. So when I get a car, it will be almost one year since I ordered it (ordered on 1st of February 2021). Car is RS 2.0 TSI DSG hatch.

2 hours ago, 310golfr said:

normally contracts  say if price is to increase while you are waiting for delivery,  they have to give you 2 weeks or so notice, and you can either accept the increase or cancel.

model year changes are usually august, so they must have known back then that the price was increasing, 

looks to me that they waited till the car arrived before telling you because they know that you will pay the extra after waiting so long

after waiting so long, i would have just payed the extra as well,  but i'd have asked them why they did'nt tell you back in august

I was informed in August that there is a new pricing for the new model year and that Skoda doesn't guarantee that price will stay the same, but they didn't commit to the exact amount then. It was an estimate, subject to possible changes, as the date of delivery was totally unknown.

I could argue I should've known the exact amount earlier, but I feel they had been relatively transparent, granted they knew as little as everyone about what's going to happen.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MobifriK said:

Well today out of nowhere, I got a call from dealer that my car has arrived to Slovenia.  They told me, that there was no information in their system that car was on it's way, they just got informed that car has arrived. So when I get a car, it will be almost one year since I ordered it (ordered on 1st of February 2021). Car is RS 2.0 TSI DSG hatch.

Happy for you man! Mine is still unfinished, since the beginning of September. Ordered a week after you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zetzet said:

What the hell, so did they stop production or not? Mixed messages from Skoda every hour of every day 🤣

After initial press release, there was an update, that in the 1st week (3rd-9th Jan) they would be completing unfinished cars. I'm holding all my fingers and toes crossed, that they complete mine as well. 

3 hours ago, roottoot said:

They maybe had employees completing builds of already built cars waiting on minor parts, or just the Paper work / data being processed.  Not the factory line running. 

That was my thought also. 

My dealer said that current delays are due to the factory clearing the backlog, which makes total sense. 

I'm not at all happy that I'm seeing cars ordered after my car, that are now being delivered, however these are unusual times and it's worth noting that there are around 4 months worth of backlog orders. Each one of those orders represent one of us and they should all be taking priority!