Delivery times?

I am still waiting on the diesel Octavia from mid April 😅

In December i got a call from the dealer. He said that the car will be ready in the first few days of February(delivery in the end of January to Slovenia)... but honestly i don`t believe them anything anymore :) 

There is probably even more people waiting from february, march...

Edited by Senaid

3 minutes ago, Senaid said:

In December i got a call from the dealer. He said that the car will be ready in the first few days of February(delivery in the end of January to Slovenia)... but honestly i don`t believe them anything anymore :) 

Yes, maybe they are waiting for my car to be built (Ordered in August) so the truck will be full. Wishful thinking. :D

25 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

am sure the factory was closed in december before xmas are not going back into production until 10 january.somebody as alread said this period of no production gives them a chance of catching up on cars already built.i would not believe a word off anybody until i get the keys in my hand.most of them are just telling you what you want to hear.

Maybe, who knows? All I know is that in December I was told build week 1, and today I was told that my car was built last week, has left the factory without issues and is now on the train to the port in Germany. Oddly specific set of lies if that is what they are, but I will keep you all posted on the progress.

5 hours ago, shootek said:

If your dealer is talking about Kamiq it is not totally true. Our Monte Carlo (1.0 TSI DSG) has almost all options ticked (I believe it was 21 extra options when we ordered it is now 18 on the configuration as BlindSpot, electric boot and folding mirrors are no longer an option) and has already been built  and is in Slovenia (hope we pick it up Thursday). 

Probably nobody (even Skoda) knows how the cars are being built and delivered. 😫

It’s f***ed up situation in general…after all this time waiting, I won’t have the feeling of buying a new car anyway…and I also talked with a friend couple hours ago about his vehicle. He ordered VW Tiguan March 2021 and just got a call today from the dealer about new delivery date…March 2022…and still not 100% so dealer told him if he wants he can walk away from the contract with the refund of prepaid 🤷🏻‍♂️

54 minutes ago, Senaid said:

we are in the same boat,i ordered my diesel octavia 4x4 vrs in may.as i have sad many times before 9 push backs and 3 different build dates.what is going on?

48 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

what is going on?

They're trying to convince us to give up diesel engines, without canceling the Orders from their side... 🤔
I still don't have any info (no build estimation) - ordered 2nd half of August.

if i cancel my order from Skoda it will be to order another diesel somwhere else. But not to buy some rubbish electric or hybrid to make my 60 to 70 000 km every year; i don't have the time to play with these toys

4 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

we are in the same boat,i ordered my diesel octavia 4x4 vrs in may.as i have sad many times before 9 push backs and 3 different build dates.what is going on?

What is going on is you're asking about the date too often. Many people had to wait up to 13 months, just sit and wait...

1 minute ago, zetzet said:

What is going on is you're asking about the date too often. Many people had to wait up to 13 months, just sit and wait...

hang on a bit if you dont like what i put on here dont read it,its that simple.i only replied what someone else was writing.

• Groan 1

27 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

hang on a bit if you dont like what i put on here dont read it,its that simple.i only replied what someone else was writing.

I read this forum to see people posting their delivery times, changes in spec and everything else. Complaining about the same thing for 20 pages doesn't help anyone, it's the same thing over and over again. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, zetzet said:

I read this forum to see people posting their delivery times, changes in spec and everything else. Complaining about the same thing for 20 pages doesn't help anyone, it's the same thing over and over again. 

are so you the website critic and senior person to tell people what to put on and not to put on this site.well to me and am not been nasty you can take a running jump.i will come on this site and say what my opinion is and will again.i dont use anything that breaks the rules of this site and enjoy reading the comments.i have picked up a lot of info that was positive to me.

Our company have ordered 5 x Octavia's IV SEL's on the 22nd June, conformation they are here in the UK last week, so should see them in the next week i guess. Good luck to all those who are waiting, i guess it takes time with a Global Chip Shortage, Covid and what ever else life throws at us. 

Interesting article in Autocar (link here) about Skoda sales being down globally (no shock there), the UK market seems to have been pretty stable for them in comparison to most with China seeing a massive drop. They are claiming that the production issues should start to ease in the second half of this year. Hopefully this means we will all be seeing progress, especially the people with the longest wait times on here. 

My dealer estimate is sometime in April, he had to basically put something on the system for the finance to be accepted etc. To his credit he has been pretty open and honest about April essentially being a shot in the dark. I'm hopeful of seeing it before August as year 4 is a large service on the Astra, so will be the guts of £500 including an MOT. (Ordered on 28th October - VRS, TSI/DSG, Race Blue, Rear Camera, Travel Assist, Rear Wiper, Winter Pack Front, Blindspot). 

So far with friends and family ordering cars it sounds like the majority are in a similar position, my dad has been lucky with his Kuga order it has move forward into next month from March. The rest have been the same as people on here, either told nothing or given totally fictitious delivery dates that ultimately are pushed back. 

• Like 1

Skoda's new CEO could say.

We could have built and delivered more vehicles to paying customers and not just to Skoda / VW group if we had more models with Electrification but as it is we were happy not to build and deliver or register the highest polluting models as VW Group could face fines. 

On 09/01/2022 at 17:17, NotP35 said:

Dealer advised on Friday that my car is now in the UK (code 40). So awaiting transportation to dealer and PDI. 1-2 weeks maybe?

Update: Arranged collection of vRS iV estate for Monday. Dealer has said all ordered options fitted, waiting to see for myself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

My dealer estimate is sometime in April, he had to basically put something on the system for the finance to be accepted etc. To his credit he has been pretty open and honest about April essentially being a shot in the dark. I'm hopeful of seeing it before August as year 4 is a large service on the Astra, so will be the guts of £500 including an MOT. (Ordered on 28th October - VRS, TSI/DSG, Race Blue, Rear Camera, Travel Assist, Rear Wiper, Winter Pack Front, Blindspot). 

What, since when can you just invent things for a finance application.

Next time I apply I will just make up a salary.

I suspect the Finance Company and FCA (regulator) will not be very happy with your dealer in Paisley if they are doing that.   I hope they lose their finance license if they are inventing things to get finance agreed

38 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

What, since when can you just invent things for a finance application.

Next time I apply I will just make up a salary.

I suspect the Finance Company and FCA (regulator) will not be very happy with your dealer in Paisley if they are doing that.   I hope they lose their finance license if they are inventing things to get finance agreed

Having previously worked for the company I suspect it is more a case of the need something in for their system to push the order to the finance company. When completing the form in the dealership you give an estimated delivery date which is sent to the finance company. They don't start the finance until the car is actually delivered so it effectively an agreement in principal, both parties can pull out of the arrangement at anytime (which is pretty rare from the finance company side of things). 

Mine (supposedly manufactured Jan 3rd) arrived at the dealership today. Now awaiting registration and changing tires to the winter ones, as they all arrive on summer rubber. Collection in few days, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Zhivkov00 said:

Dealer just called me, the car has been produced yesterday. No options were removed - canton, camera etc all fitted. Delivery in 2-3 weeks.

21 minutes ago, timster said:

Could you guys perhaps add order date to your profile model?

Would be nice to get an easy look on when someone made an order with all these "expectind delivery in x days" :)

Ordered 8.10.2021.

• Confused 1