Delivery times?

1 hour ago, Omniking said:

Well i read that from july 2022 on most model cars will be fitted with an ISA system in Europe. From 2024 ISA will be mandatory on new cars :o 

https://etsc.eu/intelligent-speed-assistance-isa/ 

Not much to do with delivery time but just wanted to throw it in here for peeps that still going to order.

i think  you can just  disconnect  it   😃    

if the law says it's not mandatory until 2024, then if you buy a new car  registered in 2022/23 with it installed , it's not needed   

27 minutes ago, 310golfr said:

i think  you can just  disconnect  it   😃    

if the law says it's not mandatory until 2024, then if you buy a new car  registered in 2022/23 with it installed , it's not needed   

Well you could disable it probably in certain instances. But it will get more complicated with insurance involved if disabled and such. So it probably will also have a weight in court and make cars more expensive with side effects of the system.

7 minutes ago, Omniking said:

Well you could disable it probably in certain instances. But it will get more complicated with insurance involved if disabled and such. So it probably will also have a weight in court and make cars more expensive with side effects of the system.

i agree it might get complicated from a legal point of view but remember this is going to be an eu rule and the uk no longer in thr eu   😃

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 310golfr said:

i agree it might get complicated from a legal point of view but remember this is going to be an eu rule and the uk no longer in thr eu   😃

Yeah the best decision ever made :D EU is taking some bad paths

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Omniking said:

Yeah the best decision ever made :D EU is taking some bad paths

The current British Government is not making good rules either,

and London is even worse (20mph limits on main roads and buses with ISAs set to 17mph in 20 zones).  ISA regulations assumes speed limits are set sensibly.

• Love it! 1

3 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

The current British Government is not making good rules either,

and London is even worse (20mph limits on main roads and buses with ISAs set to 17mph in 20 zones).  ISA regulations assumes speed limits are set sensibly.

My vRS buying decision was strongly driven to avoid this deadline and not get ISA ... an alert and trained driver makes the best decisions for local driving. It will be interesting to see this week's mitigation of driver error when automation gets it wrong. I feel old, but I also feel lucky to have enjoyed a lack of forced automated interference in driving for the last 40 years. For the record I clearly didn't die despite being the driver and decision maker all this time!

• Love it! 1

18 hours ago, MaximusMeridius said:

I don't know man, but I can tell you what i will do next month if there will be no info till then. So after 6 months waiting, I will demand answers. Dealer don't have them? Ok, fine, demand answers from importer and so on. This is the least we can do, to demand some explanation. I would understand if everyone was waiting similar amount of time, but not this. There must be some fu**ing explanation. Don't know is not good enough anymore after so much time. 

Well…I did that…and again nothing…waiting for my order from july 10th…no production date, no information from the dealers side, so I contacted directly importer…and politely I was told that’s the dealers job to do and not mine…so f**k off…Anyway here is the reply from them…fellows Slovenians will understand…

So shortly before that…I contacted again the dealer…and was told the same story as always…and I got the answer “maybe delivered in week 17” which now I doubt for sure, so I decided I’ll wait till then but after that date I’m stepping out. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s not worth and it’s not normal, especially pushing out new models when you can’t provide even the existing ones…so with my luck probably I would receive ordered car somewhere in the second half of the year…and in following few months I’ll be served with news about some sort of facelift of the model and stuff… meh…

E4151FDB-EA5C-409C-9B64-158F75F152D4.jpeg

• Like 1

I am from Slovenia like @Dado82. I ordered Octavia on June 18, 2021. It has many assistance systems, so it's filled with electronics. My first ETD was the beginning of October (week 40). When that didn't happen I was kind of expecting it, and the new ETD was week 5, 2022. This is again not happening and I contacted my dealer again. I am still waiting for a reply, but from a different source I found out that the next estimate is week 19. What bothers me is that it's still just an estimate. On the one hand I would like to cancel but on the other I don't know that any other cars have less waiting time plus I would go to the back of the line again. So I will try to get as many extras as I can, if I receive the car that is.

Not only car market is f***ed up though. I am also waiting for a new Scott bike, which was ordered in September. They were supposed to receive one bike in November and another one in January. No bike arrived and I am now waiting till the end of the month, when I might find out when I can expect it.

8 minutes ago, stripy007 said:

I am from Slovenia like @Dado82. I ordered Octavia on June 18, 2021. It has many assistance systems, so it's filled with electronics. My first ETD was the beginning of October (week 40). When that didn't happen I was kind of expecting it, and the new ETD was week 5, 2022. This is again not happening and I contacted my dealer again. I am still waiting for a reply, but from a different source I found out that the next estimate is week 19. What bothers me is that it's still just an estimate. On the one hand I would like to cancel but on the other I don't know that any other cars have less waiting time plus I would go to the back of the line again. So I will try to get as many extras as I can, if I receive the car that is.

Not only car market is f***ed up though. I am also waiting for a new Scott bike, which was ordered in September. They were supposed to receive one bike in November and another one in January. No bike arrived and I am now waiting till the end of the month, when I might find out when I can expect it.

It’s **** everywhere…I am aware of it…but still it pis**s me off because I know they don’t care…if I don’t buy someone else will…and for higher price 🤷🏻‍♂️ anyhow if I step out of this I’m not ordering anything for a year for sure…

2 hours ago, Dado82 said:

Well…I did that…and again nothing…waiting for my order from july 10th…no production date, no information from the dealers side, so I contacted directly importer…and politely I was told that’s the dealers job to do and not mine…so f**k off…Anyway here is the reply from them…fellows Slovenians will understand…

So shortly before that…I contacted again the dealer…and was told the same story as always…and I got the answer “maybe delivered in week 17” which now I doubt for sure, so I decided I’ll wait till then but after that date I’m stepping out. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s not worth and it’s not normal, especially pushing out new models when you can’t provide even the existing ones…so with my luck probably I would receive ordered car somewhere in the second half of the year…and in following few months I’ll be served with news about some sort of facelift of the model and stuff… meh…

E4151FDB-EA5C-409C-9B64-158F75F152D4.jpeg

Yes, standard retarded answer. Importer tells you to contact the dealer, dealer gets no info from importer so they put you into an endless loop. Always the same excuse about the chip shortage, WE KNOW. Still other countries get production dates, even if they don't meet them. Some even get cars. I guess we are a piece of **** country, that don't deserve their time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Yes, standard retarded answer. Importer tells you to contact the dealer, dealer gets no info from importer so they put you into an endless loop. Always the same excuse about the chip shortage, WE KNOW. Still other countries get production dates, even if they don't meet them. Some even get cars. I guess we are a piece of **** country, that don't deserve their time. 

Which countries do? I know for sure Germany doesn't, Poland doesn't, Lithuania doesn't and even Škoda's home country Czech Republic doesn't have any cars or info about the delays.

23 minutes ago, zetzet said:

Which countries do? I know for sure Germany doesn't, Poland doesn't, Lithuania doesn't and even Škoda's home country Czech Republic doesn't have any cars or info about the delays.

Many people here were quoted a date. I believe most from GB.

36 minutes ago, liveseytowers said:

I collected mine this morning.  vRS Estate with DCC ordered in May.  Is it normal to have condensation on the headlights when they are new?  I'm hoping it goes away once i start using it.  Got some photos though which i'll send to the dealer.

Some condensation is totally normal, headlights are not sealed to be vacuum tight, air gets in and condensation happens. It should clear up when they warm up though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liveseytowers said:

Nice little pack you got there, my collection wasn't the best experience and no goodies like that.  Love those seats, wish they were an option when I ordered mine. I bet they really finish of the interior! 

Me too.... my only disappointment is missing this seat upgrade. Hey ho!

13 hours ago, Zedboy said:

My vRS buying decision was strongly driven to avoid this deadline and not get ISA ... an alert and trained driver makes the best decisions for local driving. It will be interesting to see this week's mitigation of driver error when automation gets it wrong. I feel old, but I also feel lucky to have enjoyed a lack of forced automated interference in driving for the last 40 years. For the record I clearly didn't die despite being the driver and decision maker all this time!

We are kindred spirits. My decision to go for a VRS was partially due to my total contempt for the EU and their obsurd rules. I've survived 44 years without taking the slightest notice of any Eurocentric control. Probably due to the fact that my grandfather's fought for my freedom to choose my own fate and I respect their sacrifice! Many gave, so the few could live free of tyranny. Tyranny by stealth is still tyranny! It's called Stockholm Syndrome! 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I live near cargo train station in Ljubljana / Slovenia. Today there is a looooooong train ful of Skodas parked. As much as I can see, mostly Octavia (all of them are hatchback) and Kodiaq, but also few Scalas. 🙂

btw, there is only a small part of train on the photo. It's two level and at least few hundred meters long.

skodas.thumb.jpg.b8c2c876c17185178eda942cf3307982.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

9 minutes ago, zx14 said:

I live near cargo train station in Ljubljana / Slovenia. Today there is a looooooong train ful of Skodas parked. As much as I can see, mostly Octavia (all of them are hatchback) and Kodiaq, but also few Scalas. 🙂

btw, there is only a small part of train on the photo. It's two level and at least few hundred meters long.

skodas.thumb.jpg.b8c2c876c17185178eda942cf3307982.jpg

Is there a black Rs hatch on there :):) ....

• Haha 1