Delivery times?

Car was cancelled by our leasing company. They can't get it. Been told anything past certain date will need to reorder due to facelift and Skoda's inability to complete orders. Worked out ok, have a Hybrid Cupra coming instead which was a cancelled order so will be here end of the week. 

It's been a disaster for Skoda. 

On 03/03/2023 at 10:53, Dillers said:

Update from my lease company, the car which allegedly was going to be at the dealer 27/02/23 has not been built and they’ve moved the date out to….there is no date, but after September some time. 

Car was ordered in September 2021 so it’ll be over two years by the time i get it. I have tried to keep in mind that it is only a car, and there are far worse things happening to people in the world right now so it’s not worth getting too emotional about but this is a bit of a **** take. Order will be cancelled shortly I think, not that Skoda will care of course. 

They're awful. Same boat! 

On 28/02/2023 at 07:39, Semiconductor34 said:

You have cancelled the order? Or the factory has? :D  The latest news, my car was ordered in August of 21, had unconfirmed build date - 8th week of 2023, the 8th week have passed, and i didn't get any update. :D

No, our car lease team have. I've had a rental at extreme cost to the business and my tax. Can't keep waiting and waiting. Thankfully have a hybrid Cupra coming so not completely out of the vag fold. 

Real pr disaster for Skoda, was looking forward to getting into another Octavia after my last vRS. But here I am, back with the Spanish. 

46 minutes ago, Sque4ler said:

The order was placed on 21st April 2021, so nearly 23 months ago

Enjoy it!!! You can now change the car in the signature 🙃

How come you had to wait for almost 2 years? It is not a PHEV as far as I can tell from the rev-meter...

14 hours ago, Sque4ler said:

Finally, the day has come, and the car has arrived at the dealer. Delivery due within 4-5 days. I can't really express what I feel now.
 The order was placed on 21st April 2021, so nearly 23 months ago. I've never waited such a long time for anything before. 

According to the documentation, the car was built on 24th October, and since it waited for semi-conductors. The missing parts added on 14th February (3,5 months later).

Here are some fresh photos – taken minutes after the arrival (the mirror shows the smile on my face 😆)

IMG_9136.jpeg

IMG_9189.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

Finally you got it. Happy motoring buddy! Is that a Sportline version?

57 minutes ago, fryeruk said:

Finally you got it. Happy motoring buddy! Is that a Sportline version?

Thx man. It's been a long time coming...

It's not a Sportline. It's a mild hybrid (aka. e-TEC) Style model with DSG and dynamic sport pack (which includes the black grill, side mirrors, sport steering wheel, sport seats and lowered suspension).

The dealer said that this car is the first they delivered this year with mild hybrid system, and the battery pack was among the missing parts.

As far as I know the dynamic sport pack as an independent option  was withdrawn from the market at the end of 2021 due to shortages. Probably Skoda kept these components for the vRS models.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sque4ler said:

It's not a Sportline. It's a mild hybrid (aka. e-TEC) Style model with DSG and dynamic sport pack (which includes the black grill, side mirrors, sport steering wheel, sport seats and lowered suspension).

The dealer said that this car is the first they delivered this year with mild hybrid system, and the battery pack was among the missing parts.

As far as I know the dynamic sport pack as an independent option  was withdrawn from the market at the end of 2021 due to shortages. Probably Skoda kept these components for the vRS models.

Good! Nice motor out there!

There was a Dynamic package which was including the black trim outside(front grill and side mirrors) and a rear lip spoiler for the liftback version, interior piano black elements, sports steering wheel and pedals, black interior roof, sports seats but without the sports suspensions. This one is withdrawn from the price list and unfortunately I was chasing exactly this modification prior of my order. The Dynamic package including the sports suspension is still present, but I did not want a stiff ride. The difference with the Sportline is that it does not include the front spoiler and the rear diffuser. Anyways I got everything from Dynamic and Sportline except the seats and the roof, so I am all good.

By the way, you can easily add front Sportline spoiler from Skoda and rear diffuser from Milotec(if you don't like the chrome plated one from Skoda). It changes the looks quite nice. I will send you the links if you are interested.

• Thanks 1

On 06/03/2023 at 20:01, SurreyJohn said:

You can track vehicle carrying ships from Emden, Germany, both Silver Ace and Violet Ray are currently there, City of Rotterdam and Patara due tomorrow.   Need to find a ship going to Sheerness, Grimsby, or Tyne

If your dealer says when it is on a ship, use vessel finder (or any ship tracker) for the ship

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/DEEME001

I have been following this with interest. City of Rotterdam is heading to Grimsby as I write this. My dealer is based in the north of England (Yorkshire), is there any logic to where they ship to (I.e would they send a north based order to Sheerness)

20 hours ago, Sque4ler said:

Nice. Enjoy. I barely had time to order this Dynamic pack to mine in 12/21 and happy that I got it as I see that your one looks really good. Still waiting mine e-TEC.

Have anyone tried to contact factory? Are there any use of such actions? Because i have ordered car (1,5 tsi) 19 months ago, and i don't have any information whatsover, the latest build date was week 8, which have passed almost 2 weeks ago. Skoda is such piece of 💩 brand. 

Edited by Semiconductor34
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Octavia currently has the worst delivery estimations in the entire VAG-group:

(that's if we don't count some e-tron models with >18 months delivery time)

https://www.marnet-mobility.de/aktuelle-lieferzeiten.html 

Yeah, i understand that, but car was ordered in august of 2021!!! They said inicial delivery date should be 6 to 8 months. 19 months have passed and still have no information, it's not IV or something, so i can't understand how this is even possible, the delivery date was shifted at least 3 times. It's such joke. So i'm interested is there any means to get any information.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Have anyone tried to contact factory? Are there any use of such actions? Because i have ordered car (1,5 tsi) 19 months ago, and i don't have any information whatsover, the latest build date was week 8, which have passed almost 2 weekS ago. Skoda is such piece of 💩 brand. 

It's fruitless.

Let me tell you my experience. I ordered the car in July 2021 (1.5 TSI petrol with minor extras) and in June 2022, after being almost one year without any information, I decided to try to get the information about the status of my order through another channel. I contacted our Embassy in Prague and they provided me a contact of a person. It was more like a person who knew the person, but it happened that the person (3rd one) worked within the Skoda company on a managerial position. I got the order number (the one that is provided from the dealer / importer to the factory) and gave it to that person to get any info on the status of the order. That person (3rd ) tried on various occasions to get information- without any success.

But the interesting thing happened, in the customer department of Skoda, they were ****ed off with that and almost instantly contacted the importer about the situation and told what happened (that some 3rd person was inquiring about my order).

Their response, being annoyed, was practically instant but they could not provide to me any information whatsoever in almost a year about my car! I was informed of reaching out by the factory to the importer by the car dealer where I placed the order.

After that, I gave up altogether; I thought if the insider on a managerial position was not successful in acquiring info, nobody would. I decided to wait as long as necessary. Then in August 2022 I was informed by the car dealer that the build date was provisioned in September, and then it was built and delivered in beginning of October 2022 after almost 15 months of waiting. 

As you can see they (Skoda ) can respond swiftly (customer department) if they want but mostly if they are bothered/poked themselves but do not care much giving away any info to us waiting for so long.

Edited by AudreySI
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AudreySI said:

It's fruitless.

Let me tell you my experience. I ordered the car in July 2021 (1.5 TSI petrol with minor extras) and in June 2022, after being almost one year without any information, I decided to try to get the information about the status of my order through another channel. I contacted our Embassy in Prague and they provided me a contact of a person. It was more like a person who knew the person, but it happened that the person (3rd one) worked within the Skoda company on a managerial position. I got the order number (the one that is provided from the dealer / importer to the factory) and gave it to that person to get any info on the status of the order. That person (3rd ) tried on various occasions to get information- without any success.

But the interesting thing happened in the customer department of Skoda they were ****ed off with that and almost instantly contacted the importer about the situation and told what happened (that some 3rd person was inquiring about my order).

Their response, being annoyed, was practically instant but they could not provide to me any information whatsoever in almost a year about my car! I was informed of reaching out by the factory to the importer by the car dealer where I placed the order.

After that, I gave up altogether; I thought if the insider on a managerial position was not successful in acquiring info, nobody would. I decided to wait as long as necessary. Then in August 2022 I was informed by the car dealer that the build date was provisioned in September, and then it was built and delivered in beginning of October 2022 after almost 15 months of waiting. 

As you can see they (Skoda ) can respond swiftly (customer department) if they want but mostly if they are bothered/poked themselves but do not care much giving away any info to us waiting for so long.

Thank you for information! You have provided me more information than Skoda. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Thank you for information! You have provided me with more information than Skoda. 

You're welcome. I understand your sentiment of being frustrated with no information whatsoever!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AudreySI said:

It's fruitless.

But the interesting thing happened, in the customer department of Skoda, they were ****ed off with that and almost instantly contacted the importer about the situation and told what happened (that some 3rd person was inquiring about my order).

Interesting post, thanks for this. I’ve had absolutely f*ck all information from my lease company and from contacting the dealer direct. I’d cancel my order but as it’s a company car my hands are kind of tied (plus the list of alternatives is rubbish and prices have gone up).

So I am now going to write a strongly worded E mail of disgust to Skoda UK and see where that gets me (obviously I know it’ll get me nowhere at all but it’ll make me feel slightly better….maybe😄

• Like 3

I'm struggling to get my head around the delivery dates. For our two at home, one took 4/5 months between order and delivery (delivery Jan 2022) and the other took 8 months (delivery Sept 2022).

From reading here. I'm wondering if  some countries are being prioritised over others.

Another update from the leasing company this week, a further delay pushing it back to 'late July'.

Still no confirmed build date and it has not changed from 'V-Status' at the dealers

vRS Estate iV, no options, ordered November 2021.

• Sad 1
  • Groan 2

New delivery date update today; week 36 2023 for my SEL IV Estate with several options, originally ordered late April ‘22

I will update the spreadsheet next time I’m near a pc

15 hours ago, P100HP said:

Another update from the leasing company this week, a further delay pushing it back to 'late July'.

Still no confirmed build date and it has not changed from 'V-Status' at the dealers

vRS Estate iV, no options, ordered November 2021.

My SEL iV ordered end of November 21 - been quoted an unprovisional build week end of October, with potential delivery December 23. So i think July definitely isnt realistic 

5 hours ago, Simon667 said:

My SEL iV ordered end of November 21 - been quoted an unprovisional build week end of October, with potential delivery December 23. So i think July definitely isnt realistic 

100% agree with you, i think even December is looking optomistic.

So much so that our company is now looking at cancelling the order and going with an alternative.

On 10/03/2023 at 13:03, Semiconductor34 said:

Have anyone tried to contact factory? Are there any use of such actions? Because i have ordered car (1,5 tsi) 19 months ago, and i don't have any information whatsover, the latest build date was week 8, which have passed almost 2 weeks ago. Skoda is such piece of 💩 brand. 

I've contacted them several times. The address was sks.service at skoda-auto.cz 

They require so-called 'committee number' which consist of 6 digits to provide any info. They were always helpful in providing planned build week, however with a disclaimer that it's provisional and subject to change.

At least here in Finland, the only party who can really speed things up is the importer as they can ask Skoda to prioritize your car slot. Dealers can't do a thing, only ask importer. Skoda factory doesn't really care, they will build based on component availability. Whether it's your car which will get components or Joe's depends on whose importer negotiated better :)