Delivery times?

On 07/03/2023 at 20:16, Sque4ler said:

Finally, the day has come, and the car has arrived at the dealer. Delivery due within 4-5 days. I can't really express what I feel now.
 The order was placed on 21st April 2021, so nearly 23 months ago. I've never waited such a long time for anything before. 

According to the documentation, the car was built on 24th October, and since it waited for semi-conductors. The missing parts added on 14th February (3,5 months later).

Here are some fresh photos – taken minutes after the arrival (the mirror shows the smile on my face 😆)

IMG_9136.jpeg

IMG_9189.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

Congratulations! Seems you have similarly specced car like mine. I certainly hope that I don't have to wait that long for my car to arrive. Enjoy!

On 14/02/2023 at 15:07, kasparsc said:

Finally received news about the delivery of my car - build week 11.

I really hope to receive the keys in early April. Fingers crossed!

For information - the car was originally ordered on 10.09.2021.

Wohoo. :)

Today the dealer informed me that my car has been manufactured and the VIN number has been received.  Now we have to wait a couple of weeks for delivery.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AndreyZh said:

I've contacted them several times. The address was sks.service at skoda-auto.cz 

They require so-called 'committee number' which consist of 6 digits to provide any info. They were always helpful in providing planned build week, however with a disclaimer that it's provisional and subject to change.

At least here in Finland, the only party who can really speed things up is the importer as they can ask Skoda to prioritize your car slot. Dealers can't do a thing, only ask importer. Skoda factory doesn't really care, they will build based on component availability. Whether it's your car which will get components or Joe's depends on whose importer negotiated better :) 

Well maybe it's worth a try because it's seems that my importer ir doing awfully bad. 

With still zero news from dealer concerning my (company car) Jan 2022 ordered Estate iV SEL.

My outgoing 2019 diesel Octavia Estate now well out  of warranty, it’s been a troubled car since day 1, the off the road back at the dealer count is now 78 days since being delivered!!!

The company doesn’t want to risk the liability of another failure and expense to put back on the road, so it’s being returned today to VWFS.  In its place, least till October when lease concludes, I am been given a 2020 Mercedes A250e hatch that we have unused in the fleet.

To say I am less than optimistic that that will buy enough time to see the Octavia iV delivered… I am now all but resigned to the notion that I’ll end up with something else from another manufacturer come year end.

Skoda are leaving a really bitter taste over this.

• Sad 1

I have to say I do sympathise with all whom have not received their cars after such a long wait from order, and I have no idea why my car only took less than three months from order to delivery? There were some on this forum who thought the dealer I ordered through was telling me 'porkys' on the delivery but I just let it ride and see what happened. For me I guess I was lucky and I have no complaints, but then I guess I wouldn't. I have owned several VRS and all have been great cars so ordering the MK4 was pretty much a no 'brainer' for me, so I hope all that have ordered with long delivery times get their order soon 🙂

Hello, fellas :)

I have purchased mine on 15th of August 2022, and my contract with the dealership is saying that it should arrive by 13th of May, where they will give me notice when the car is produced (usually 5-8 weeks in advance). So far no information. Contacted my dealership and they said that there is still not production date in the system. Also they mentioned that "sometimes the car arrives without they seeing in the system that its produced". Is that any kind of way for them to tell me "yeah **** off, it will come someday, stop bothering us"? Honestly I am very disappointed. Is anyone else waiting for Fabia (1.5 tsi) ?

I ordered mine (Octavia SEL 1.5 DSG) on 6th September 2022 when I was quoted a delivery time of 37 weeks which would take us to June. The dealer rang last week to say it should be with them in two to three weeks - two months earlier than the original estimate.

• Like 2

Delivery dates seem to be a matter of pot luck/hit and miss.

My dealer in NZ has stock arriving for the Octavia and claims that Skoda builds in country spec batches (makes sense to harmonise items like chips and wiring harnesses) but that the IV models are still not showing up.

It seems that Skoda (like all other brands) is allocating components to models that get them more profit and also allow them to meet emissions legislation in some countries.  The Enyaq launched here recently and there are units on the ground and on order.

I have been emailing Skoda UK to try and get some more information but they seem to be as much in the dark as we do.

An extract from their response.

"The update I have received was that your order has been accepted by the factory however, no build week has been confirmed yet.

I am really sorry about this delay, this is totally out of our control and there is actually a delay within the whole of the UK with the specific model you have ordered.

Please bear with us as we are trying our best to get your vehicle out to you sooner than we expect."

12 hours ago, P100HP said:

I have been emailing Skoda UK to try and get some more information but they seem to be as much in the dark as we do.

"The update I have received was that your order has been accepted by the factory however, no build week has been confirmed yet.

I am really sorry about this delay, this is totally out of our control and there is actually a delay within the whole of the UK with the specific model you have ordered.

Please bear with us as we are trying our best to get your vehicle out to you sooner than we expect."

I won’t bother  emailing them myself then as it sounds like the answer will be the same as the one you received. 

Essentially then we just have to sit and wait with absolutely zero reliable information at all. 

As I said earlier I am trying to keep this in perspective, it is just a car and there are people in the world struggling with far greater problems than this. That said though, I absolutely cannot believe how badly Skoda have handled all of this. The very least they should be doing is contacting everyone who has placed an order with an explanation and an apology. We all make mistakes, things happen that are out of our control, but the least you should do is have the balls to front it up and apologise. 

Edited by Dillers
Grammar
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, P100HP said:

I have been email Skoda UK... 

You think you'll ever get the car? 

I am beginning to reach a conclusion that Skoda won’t deliver this year my UK Jan'22 ordered SEl Estate iV...  Or at least they won't honour the lease contracted £'s figure as the order is likely to push out into 2024 / slash make it undeliverable even then, by my reckoning.

13 hours ago, P100HP said:

I got that. My unconfirmed build date keeps changing almost weekly. it got a low as week 11 now week 16 

Following the recommendation of one user, I called the Skoda importer at the end of January. The importer said that he cannot say more than a dealer. I called them two times (once a week) to ask if there was any news.

Coincidence or luck, but 3 weeks later I got a call from the dealer that my car will be produced in one month. Until that moment, neither the planned nor the actual build week was known.
Now I'm going to pick up my new car on April 1st. Can't wait! 🤗

Edited by kasparsc

12 hours ago, kasparsc said:

Following the recommendation of one user, I called the Skoda importer at the end of January. The importer said that he cannot say more than a dealer. I called them two times (once a week) to ask if there was any news.

Coincidence or luck, but 3 weeks later I got a call from the dealer that my car will be produced in one month. Until that moment, neither the planned nor the actual build week was known.
Now I'm going to pick up my new car on April 1st. Can't wait! 🤗

Could be an April fools?? :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, undercoversaint said:

Could be an April fools?? :)

I hope not. 😀 Today or Monday promised to send pictures when the car will be at his office.

• Like 1

So, after 20 months from the initial order, the unconfirmed build date was 12th week (this week). I have contacted dealer today, he said he has no news, however, he should have new information on monday. He was very optimistic, and he said that the car should be at dealership by the middle of the april. Are there news from factory?Something has changed? Why is he so optimistic? :D From my experience on this forum, unconfirmed date doesn't mean anything. i'm right? However i decided for myself, if there any further delay, i just cancel order :D 

On 07/03/2023 at 12:47, sureshotkel said:

No, our car lease team have. I've had a rental at extreme cost to the business and my tax. Can't keep waiting and waiting. Thankfully have a hybrid Cupra coming so not completely out of the vag fold. 

Real pr disaster for Skoda, was looking forward to getting into another Octavia after my last vRS. But here I am, back with the Spanish. 

I’m in the same boat. 
VRS iV ordered in August 21 with no extras. Latest update from leasing company - no build date, realistic delivery end of 23 or early 2024. My company provided a rental car for me to use however due to high monthly costs they’ve decided it’s time to move on and find something else. So I cancelled my order with Skoda and went for a Hyundai Tucson plug in hybrid which is going to be delivered tomorrow. I’m a bit gutted in a way as I was looking forward to the octavia but excited in the same time for the Tucson as it seems genuinely decent.

Hope you all have better luck 🤞🏻

On 23/03/2023 at 10:21, Dillers said:

As I said earlier I am trying to keep this in perspective, it is just a car and there are people in the world struggling with far greater problems than this. That said though, I absolutely cannot believe how badly Skoda have handled all of this. The very least they should be doing is contacting everyone who has placed an order with an explanation and an apology. We all make mistakes, things happen that are out of our control, but the least you should do is have the balls to front it up and apologise. 

I get this, and it is just a car but my current car is costing me a fortune per month on company car tax as its an automatic diesel.

On 23/03/2023 at 11:15, whereismyorder said:

You think you'll ever get the car? 

I think the order will be cancelled as I / my company will be unwilling to wait any longer.

There seems to be common theme amongst some recent posts.  The individuals seem to be interacting with leasing companies instead of dealers.

Presumably Skoda (factory) have no direct contract with the leasing company, so there is no communication and the lease companies are just guessing dates (or using others guesses) and passing on the guesses which some are confusing as official factory delivery estimates.